Battle 4 Atlantis Megathread (Info/Roll Call) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Battle 4 Atlantis Megathread (Info/Roll Call)

Did anyone get a "meal plan" through Atlantis? Is that the way to go? Or is it better to just pay as you go?

We are debating that but leaning towards a plan. Too bad for you, the plans don't seem to include alcohol.:eek:;)

CuseTroop said:
Ughh I know. I'm fully expecting my bar tab to be way higher than my food tab.

Ditto. I think I may be doing Saturday to Saturday but lots of stuff to figure out. Adam, I will let you know when I know.

Did anyone get a "meal plan" through Atlantis? Is that the way to go? Or is it better to just pay as you go?
Check out reviews on trip advisor about meal plans.

We decided against it after reading...primarily because we are not big eaters, especially at breakfast. Also didn't want to get stuck not being able to take advantage of dinners since we don't know the game schedule.

Check out reviews on trip advisor about meal plans.

We decided against it after reading...primarily because we are not big eaters, especially at breakfast. Also didn't want to get stuck not being able to take advantage of dinners since we don't know the game schedule.

Good call. I spent the last hour of work reading trip advisor reviews lol. I'm going to pass on the meal plan as well.

A friend of mine yesterday gave me a little info on transpo when he went to Nassau as a stop on his cruise. He said the "cabs" were a nightmare. Gave me an example of cabbies almost fist fighting each other after the first one he got into was packed with a ton of people in it, no a/c, and he refused to leave until he got a few more in. After arguing with the guy to go, he refused, so a bunch of them jumped out and got into another cab, and then that's when the confrontation started between a bunch of cabbies.

He said he would only go back if just going to Atlantis, but said he wouldn't ever go back to the rest of the island. Just one person's experience, but did force me to make our stay all at Atlantis. We got our first 4 nights free at Atlantis, but were thinking of moving to a cheaper option at a different hotel for the other 4. But after hearing all that and CTO's recommendation, I think it'll be a better experience to just pay the extra and make the entire stay at Atlantis.

Officially finally all booked. RIU all inclusive next door to Atlantis Tuesday thru Saturday. Bought game tickets through Atlantis, $118 a piece for Syracuse fan pack lower level. Took them like 5 days to process my request but they finally sent me a confirmation, although I'm still waiting for them to charge my card. All in all it cost me a little over $3000 for two people. That includes flight, hotel, food and alcohol at hotel, and SU game tickets. Pretty dang good I'd say. Should be a fun Thanksgiving week! Go Cuse!

Officially finally all booked. RIU all inclusive next door to Atlantis Tuesday thru Saturday. Bought game tickets through Atlantis, $118 a piece for Syracuse fan pack lower level. Took them like 5 days to process my request but they finally sent me a confirmation, although I'm still waiting for them to charge my card. All in all it cost me a little over $3000 for two people. That includes flight, hotel, food and alcohol at hotel, and SU game tickets. Pretty dang good I'd say. Should be a fun Thanksgiving week! Go Cuse!
Nice - I think this is the way to go. Where are you flying from?

Right from Syracuse. A nice 6:18am flight too, so we'll be in Nassau around 12:30. I was kind of surprised flights weren't a little more.

Anyone still searching for tickets should look now. I don't know what happened, but flights went down by a lot for whatever reason? We searched a lot last week and the average round trip from Denver (without traveling over 2 dates one way), was around $950. I just bought right now for $668! And that's with the shortest flight available each way. Sunday 22nd to Monday 30th. Made me nervous, but I re-read everything 5x. That was on Orbitz.

Thanks for the info, Tom. I'm flying from SFO, staying at RIU 6nights. Got the tix through Atlantis as well. Cost me closer to $3500.

My wife was in the Bahamas for a few weeks last year for work so thought I'd share a few general tips:

If possible don't stay anywhere other than paradise island, the rest of Nassau isn't much to behold, there is a comfort suites right next to Atlantis that I imagine is way more reasonably priced. Also if you get the chance bobby flays restaurant in Atlantis, Mesa grill, is really good.

If you get the chance go to one of the Exuma cays, they are very scenic - we went to ship channel cay but I would recommend major cay more as it has the swimming pigs.

I'm getting freaking stoked, guys! I literally rented out my house, and have been couch surfing to fund this trip, and a few other adventures. Freaking worth it.

I'm getting freaking stoked, guys! I literally rented out my house, and have been couch surfing to fund this trip, and a few other adventures. Freaking worth it.
Rumor has it that you've been sleeping in the old cabins in Pioneer Park. :D

Rumor has it that you've been sleeping in the old cabins in Pioneer Park. :D

LOL

seriously tho, that's not a bad idea!! Close to work, bar nearby. I like it.

Spent 5 days at Atlantis last month. Very nice resort. It's huge. Water park is really nice. Whole resort is basically a water park.

Stayed at Royal Towers. Nice room. Coral Towers and Beach Towers are a step down but still decent. The Cove was higher end (cto level standards ;-) )

Big drawback is the cost of food/drink. 15% tip + 7.5% tax added to EVERYTHING (yes, everything). I dropped $1k for myself, wife and son over 5 days, and I don't drink very much ($16 drinks).

Top flight resort though.

Cab from airport to resort is $40-$50. Airport is very nice.

Spent 5 days at Atlantis last month. Very nice resort. It's huge. Water park is really nice. Whole resort is basically a water park.

Stayed at Royal Towers. Nice room. Coral Towers and Beach Towers are a step down but still decent. The Cove was higher end (cto level standards ;-) )

Big drawback is the cost of food/drink. 15% tip + 7.5% tax added to EVERYTHING (yes, everything). I dropped $1k for myself, wife and son over 5 days, and I don't drink very much ($16 drinks).

Top flight resort though.

Cab from airport to resort is $40-$50. Airport is very nice.
Thanks, that's exactly what I'm sure a lot of us are looking for, I know I am, having never been there..

Last edited:
Reminder for you all to get your passports taken care of if you haven't already or don't have one!!!!

Question on game tickets. I bought 3 pair but as of now they are unassigned. Anybody know if seats are first come first serve when you get to arena? I remember that was how it was in Maui but wasn't sure if this is similar.

Anyone else on the board buy tickets through S.U. and plan your own travel, then receive a call from Miller Travel offering an upgrade and inclusion in the official S.U. group? Just want to be sure everything was legit.

Anyone else on the board buy tickets through S.U. and plan your own travel, then receive a call from Miller Travel offering an upgrade and inclusion in the official S.U. group? Just want to be sure everything was legit.

Yes. Emails and multiple calls. Didn't look into it for fear of finding I overspent :)

(If a mod would be willing to sticky this, that would be fantastic.)

NOVEMBER 25-27, 2015

I, for one, have been a bit overwhelmed by all the planning, expenses, information (or lack thereof), and general logistics behind visiting the Bahamas to cheer on our beloved Orange(men) in next year's Battle 4 Atlantis. I've seen a number of random threads pop up about it over the past few months but I thought it would be nice to have one "official" thread. I've also tried to search for those threads and pull some helpful information into this one.

Please use this thread to post if you are going, planning on going, or even have been in the past and can provide some useful information. Or perhaps you just booked and found a great deal and want to pass it on. Post it here! I will try to update my main post over time with any answers or pertinent information to have one consolidated area.

Some questions I'd like answered based on my research thus far (I will add other Q&As here as they are provided. Questions which have answers will be italicized.):

GENERAL
----------------------------------------------------
- Most importantly, is Bud Light readily available?

- Cost of daily expenses (food/drink) seems EXTREMELY high if staying in Atlantis. I'm reading of $250 dinners of just normal plates with one drink for a family with 1 child. Alternative options if staying in Atlantis? Ease of leaving the property for meals?

- On a related note, I'm seriously considering staying outside the resort at an all-inclusive. Perhaps Sandals or Breezes. I fear my alcohol tab would wander in to the numerous thousands of dollars if I didn't. I would then just find transportation into Atlantis for the games and spend the rest of the time imbibing Tanqueray and tonics and Bud Lights. Is this feasible?

- Any other general lodging and/or travel advice? Cheapest dates to leave/return?

- Recommended activities in the area or on the premises?

BASKETBALL SPECIFIC
------------------------------------------------------
- Where is the Imperial Arena located within Atlantis?

- I've found that while it is sometimes called the "Imperial Arena", it appears they convert the Imperial Ballroom into an arena. The Imperial Ballroom is located in PARADISE ISLAND’S CONFERENCE CENTER.

- Does the school do anything involving the team outside of the games? Are there practices? Meet & greet type stuff? Other opportunities to perhaps meet players and/or staff?

- When does the school anticipate putting out any sort of packages? Will season ticket holders have any sort of preference or advance purchase privileges?

- Can you buy tickets to ONLY the Cuse games?

I'm honestly not even positive I'm going as I still have a lot of thinking to do, but perhaps some of the information people can provide here will make my decision easier!

Helpful Links/Information:

From TexanMark: http://www.nassauparadiseisland.com/getting-here/from-united-states/

From orange02: The resort said that I would be able to purchase tickets for Syracuse-only games or the whole tournament as a guest of the resort. If anyone is interested in going I would get on their email list now and watch for their periodic teaser rates.

From Toga: This place is next door to Atlantis. All inclusive. http://www.riu.com/en/Paises/bahama...ace-paradise-island/todo-incluido.jsp#seccion

Confirmed Attendees:
OrangeTown
CuseTroop
Tom W.
cto (I assumed this based on some posts in another thread)
orange02
iommi
Fairfax Orange
Headmaster 9
JoeySimz

Possible Attendees/Interested (please post here if you confirm):

texascpa
OttoinGrotto
kirbivore
Toga
JrodCuse
Rossco123
corpjet
Carolinasu
NYCSUGrad
poc44

Rossco123 is in!

Does anyone have a link to purchase tickets outside of a package? I had it at one point but can't find it anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom