Baylor to fire Art Briles / Hire Jim Grobe | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Baylor to fire Art Briles / Hire Jim Grobe

I've only seen that Briles didn't suspend players. I haven't seen that he tried to cover anything up and he certainly isn't responsible for leading a criminal investigation. That's where this has failed, law enforcement not investigating these complaints.

Meanwhile over at Notre Dame Brian Kelly is directly responsible for a kids' death.
Huh? See retro's quote above. He not only tried to cover it up... he prevented cases from getting to the appropriate authorities who's job it is to do a criminal investigation. In some cases the coaches acted as investigators and met with the victim and their parents BEFORE it went to the proper authorities... this is all in the release.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of fans that post on that site seem to be the Southern kin of Penn St. fans. At least on 2 4 7 there were those that understood the punishment and were ticked off that this happened under Briles watch. I have yet to find a fan on the site you linked that has put any blame on Briles.

This is true.

Dino doesn't want to deal with that at this stage.
I agree. Also, even though Babers isn't involved in the Baylor scandal, he is a Briles man. I can't believe that Baylor will consider anyone associated with Briles to be his permanent replacement. :noidea:

This ain't no joking matter. If the NCAA gets even a whiff that SU is contemplating bringing in Briles in any capacity, they take away 30-40 more wins minimum from JAB.
I've thought on it and yeah based on our current state Art is probably out of the question based on current probation. I think its much more likely to be a landing spot for his son OC Kendal Briles as a Offensive QC guy If he decides to leave, Which I assume he would because it's his father. Much less blow-back because he wasn't fired.

Now this is all under the assumption that these two didn't actually know what was going on. If they did don't bother its not worth it and you don't want any carry over culture off the field.

I've thought on it and yeah based on our current state Art is probably out of the question based on current probation. I think its much more likely to be a landing spot for his son OC Kendal Briles as a Offensive QC guy If he decides to leave, Which I assume he would because it's his father. Much less blow-back because he wasn't fired.

Now this is all under the assumption that these two didn't actually know what was going on. If they did don't bother its not worth it and you don't want any carry over culture off the field.
Like father like son,especially when on the same staff.

Not only that, there's no way Briles is going to start calling his former underlings right away for a job.

He'll most certainly take this year off, let the noise die down, then see what happens in 2017.
Folks on our board think he'll be hit with a "show-cause" order. The length will probably end his college career.

Folks on our board think he'll be hit with a "show-cause" order. The length will probably end his college career.
I was thinking that, too. Then I realized it would the the NCAA designating the show cause. He will probably die of old age before they get around to issuing penalties.

Anyone see this thread. Some Baylor fan says he was texted by a well-connected Baylor alum that Babers is to be announced as the new head coach. Apparently, it was to be announced June 3rd, then it leaked so they are moving up the announcement. Absurd.

Rumors about Dino Babers?

Anyone see this thread. Some Baylor fan says he was texted by a well-connected Baylor alum that Babers is to be announced as the new head coach. Apparently, it was to be announced June 3rd, then it leaked so they are moving up the announcement. Absurd.

I learned when the Bernie Fine fiasco was going on that people come out of the woodwork. I feel bad for the Baylor fans because I remember the angst of having gone through a scandal, although with SU's a lot of it was fabricated by ESPN. I can't imagine really, the fans get screwed in the long run when this sheite happens

If you read that thread then you'd realize that the original poster is a high.school student who previously announced that Montgomery was in town to interview for the position.

If you read that thread then you'd realize that the original poster is a high.school student who previously announced that Montgomery was in town to interview for the position.

Yeah, I did. Still absurd, especially those that are giving him the benefit of the doubt. Oh, and those that say Babers has already been contacted and is on the short list. C'mon, the school has an interim. The last thing on their mind right now is a new head football coach. Their full attention is on the fallout of this issue and the pending release of the full report.

This is not good for the Big 12 either, losing a good football program is going to make it almost impossible for the Big 12 to get in the playoff. Fox is going to have less attractive games to show, which will also hurt them.

This is not good for the Big 12 either, losing a good football program is going to make it almost impossible for the Big 12 to get in the playoff. Fox is going to have less attractive games to show, which will also hurt them.

Maybe Kansas can finally seize the day. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom