Baylor to fire Art Briles / Hire Jim Grobe | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Baylor to fire Art Briles / Hire Jim Grobe

good hire,but a defensive minded coach. Wonder what their fan base thinks about this?

Briles really screwed over those fans in a big way.

Of course, now the Baylor gang simply assumes that Dino or Montgomery will take over following this season...

good hire,but a defensive minded coach. Wonder what their fan base thinks about this?

Briles really screwed over those fans in a big way.
A couple of our posters took a peek at their boards and said they pretty much were in a Ped State-level of total denial regarding the entire mess.

Of course, now the Baylor gang simply assumes that Dino or Montgomery will take over following this season...

Christ, I hope not.

Would be pretty devastating to lose this guy / this offense after only one year. We really need some continuity to get this program back to where it needs to be. And Babers's offensive system is the key to overcoming some of the program's inherent limitations in terms of being nationally competitive again.

Christ, I hope not.

Would be pretty devastating to lose this guy / this offense after only one year. We really need some continuity to get this program back to where it needs to be. And Babers's offensive system is the key to overcoming some of the program's inherent limitations in terms of being nationally competitive again.
It's not going to happen. Plain and simple.

the reporters there should've held up the press conference until he complied with their request. "coach babers, close your eyes and tell us what you knew"

i love that baylor offense but SU needs to find out what he knew about. we can't let ourselves take collateral damage here

i love that baylor offense but SU needs to find out what he knew about. we can't let ourselves take collateral damage here
I suspect that Dino & Kent have already had that chat.

Maybe that's the NCAA punishment-You have to hire Grob. On second thought, that's worse than probation.
I misread the updated thread title as ".../Hire Grob"

My head almost exploded

the reporters there should've held up the press conference until he complied with their request. "coach babers, close your eyes and tell us what you knew"

He was the WR coach, he wasn't running the program.

He was the WR coach, he wasn't running the program.
Exactly, and he's been a HC over the last 4 plus seasons at three different institutions. His time there never over lapped with the player from Boise St.

I hate to say it but since Grobe will only be the coach for one year... is Baylor just doing this to make the timing right for Dino?

I hate to say it but since Grobe will only be the coach for one year... is Baylor just doing this to make the timing right for Dino?
why would he want to take over that mess with gosh knows what else might be coming down the pike?

why would he want to take over that mess with gosh knows what else might be coming down the pike?

Tend to agree. He's expending effort to lay the foundation here [which would be wasted if he left]. He's got a perfect environment [Dome] for his system. I'd also have to believe that he's excited about the massive investment the University is making to our facility, and how he'll be able to sell that on the recruiting trail. And leaving after one year would be unusual, even though it just happened at Pitt.

On the other side of the coin, who knows what level of psychological commitment he has to SU after such a short time. And he HAS job hopped after two years at two previous stops, so it isn't out of the question...

But in general, I agree with Kelly / bnoro -- would be a strange move to hope into such a quagmire. Hope he is

Tend to agree. He's expending effort to lay the foundation here [which would be wasted if he left]. He's got a perfect environment [Dome] for his system. I'd also have to believe that he's excited about the massive investment the University is making to our facility, and how he'll be able to sell that on the recruiting trail. And leaving after one year would be unusual, even though it just happened at Pitt.

On the other side of the coin, who knows what level of psychological commitment he has to SU after such a short time. And he HAS job hopped after two years at two previous stops, so it isn't out of the question...

But in general, I agree with Kelly / bnoro -- would be a strange move to hope into such a quagmire. Hope he is

Overall, I agree with your logic, I disagree with the bolded section in that he was a coach on the upward track plus he stayed long enough to verify the impact of his program. I don't think HCDB is looking to leave and if Syracuse supports him as a P5 school should, he will be here for a long time. He has JB as an example, Syracuse has historically supported good coaches and Syracuse likes long relationships as long as they win. Babers should not have a problem putting together respectable teams year in and year out - fast game, fast plan, fast team, fastest track in CFBdom, guaranteed perfect weather to run the system.

Overall, I agree with your logic, I disagree with the bolded section in that he was a coach on the upward track plus he stayed long enough to verify the impact of his program. I don't think HCDB is looking to leave and if Syracuse supports him as a P5 school should, he will be here for a long time. He has JB as an example, Syracuse has historically supported good coaches and Syracuse likes long relationships as long as they win. Babers should not have a problem putting together respectable teams year in and year out - fast game, fast plan, fast team, fastest track in CFBdom, guaranteed perfect weather to run the system.

No argument--just was looking to provide point / counterpoint logic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom