Bballbeadle said i should post more | Syracusefan.com

Bballbeadle said i should post more

NYCSUGrad

All Conference
Even though I don't think I know so much about the game as most of you cause we need more women's perspectives. Well the past few days I've been posting up a storm and feel very comfortable doing so. I think I've even made intelligent basketball observations. So thanks for upping my IQ and being such great people. Merry Christmas happy new year seasons greetings happy festivus and if there's anyone who celebrates it happy kwanza though I seriously doubt anyone here does and I don't think many people of color do anymore either!

tumblr_mlvtw1B0FN1r4yh4xo1_250_zpse0b88a31.gif

I think I told you a few months ago also. Most people on here are pretty friendly. Some have extreme knowledge as they coach, or ref the game. But I think those of us who have watched over the years also bring knowledge from a "fan" perspective. After all we are the audience. Also sometimes us females look at things from a different angle that is really quite interesting to everyone. (You know where things are right under a guys nose and they never see it??) The friendliest place other than those having meltdowns is the chat room. For those of us who can't go to games, it is like watching in a room full of your best Syracuse friends. And if you say something silly, just blame it on the typing or too much beer or wine!! I think you've been in there before. As a matter of fact I think that is where Joyce told me who you are during one game.

I have noticed that you are posting more and the extraordinary intelligence of said posts! Ha ha! I love that I have an expanded the group of people I connect to, and just when you think, no, I can't expand one more inch, you can! (Not talking girth, ladies.) So congrats on taking a chance and putting your ideas out there. I must tell you, it's not always easy for the gentlemen, either!

Getting set to go to the Colgate game and literally wearing bells, which I will jingle whenever we need to take it up a notch!

Oh and, I've been on these boards back to the aol days. Up until very recently there was a lot of "guy talk" about s x cheesecake photos references to Doris Burke's appearance etc. it didn't really bother me cause I'm a stand up and have heard way worse. But lately that's been rare. And there are never overtly racist or even homophobic statements. I'm not saying we're all PC or anything but you are a really mature bunch of people compared to the large percentage of people on the internet who are cretins.

I think when I see the "guy talk " on here I just figure that I have to sort of put up with that as a female that is a sports fan. After all I am coming more into their territory than they are into mine. While you hear it all and more in standup, I figure you might also get some good material from this board, lol.

Oh and, I've been on these boards back to the aol days. Up until very recently there was a lot of "guy talk" about s x cheesecake photos references to Doris Burke's appearance etc. it didn't really bother me cause I'm a stand up and have heard way worse. But lately that's been rare. And there are never overtly racist or even homophobic statements. I'm not saying we're all PC or anything but you are a really mature bunch of people compared to the large percentage of people on the internet who are cretins.

Oh, we're cretins...you'd see our true nature if you ever went over to the pay board. :)

Ghost said:
Oh, we're cretins...you'd see our true nature if you ever went over to the pay board. :)

I avoid the OT board cause I think my politics differs from most and I get into enough arguments on Facebook and even the democratic board I go to. Lots of hate for Hillary from the "progressives".

I figure if (heaven forbid)terrorists took out about maybe a dozen or so key targets(ok maybe less, but I like to be conservative with such things), the true nature of the members would become a bit more playful, at the very least. Just an observation with some mild analysis on how individuals and posting styles have changed in general and individually during my time on board. It can be hard to have a perfect balance, but I haven't heard of much being deleted lately, although last season I remember seeing mentioning it would get deleted and the user banned, so I guess that type of strongarm is the secret formula for message board success, and possibly in society as a whole. I hope competitor boards and social planners don't read my posts. ;)

I admit that I do miss some of the EPIC threads from last season and earlier, and I think there could possibly even be a silent majority(lurkers included, whom I'm trying to get to shed that moniker) who feel similarly as well. I used to sometimes worry about getting "Boeheimed", but I am trying to map out new territory and boldly go where no poster has gone before. OttoInGrotto, purposefully or otherwise, inspired me in the Ennis/pee trough thread and gave me a heavy mantle to carry with the title he bestowed upon me. I hope that my defining board moment coming from a pee trough doesn't cause folks to subconsciously think I'm anti feminist or anti vegan or anything. I long for equality, and for a day when hard drinkers and tea totallers can watch the game together and discuss it with genuine reverence for the opinion of others. I am very grateful for this thread and the OP, as I don't think we should allow our perceived differences to keep us quiet when we don't wish to be.

Last edited:
Big deal you can stand up I have been standing since I was 10 months old! I kid...lol

Even though I don't think I know so much about the game as most of you cause we need more women's perspectives. Well the past few days I've been posting up a storm and feel very comfortable doing so. I think I've even made intelligent basketball observations. So thanks for upping my IQ and being such great people. Merry Christmas happy new year seasons greetings happy festivus and if there's anyone who celebrates it happy kwanza though I seriously doubt anyone here does and I don't think many people of color do anymore either!

I'm glad Triple B told you to post more. Like in nature, when we have more perspectives we often end up with a better end product over the course of time.

Triple B told you to post more probably within a couple of days of telling me to be sober more. The latter was only moderately successful, and certainly less enjoyable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom