BC and JB presser | Syracusefan.com

BC and JB presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
Two thoughts under one subject - was that the worst ACC team we have ever seen? Wow were they bad.

As for JB presser - I get he doesn't want to do them. I get that the question are not always worthy of response. I also get that "JB is going to be JB" and "he's earned the right to do what he wants", but I personally am sick of the eye roll and the obvious "you are not worthy of my genius" attitude that he shows local press and SU students.

It's 10 minutes be a pro and cut the snark. To me he comes across as a bully, and it isn't a good look.

And before I get flamed - I know I"m in the minority here, at least among posters.

At least he could smile when he doesn't like the question. It's a two sided issue that could be helped immensely if the media asked good questions. That has a better chance of happening than JB changing his ways.

Two thoughts under one subject - was that the worst ACC team we have ever seen? Wow were they bad.

As for JB presser - I get he doesn't want to do them. I get that the question are not always worthy of response. I also get that "JB is going to be JB" and "he's earned the right to do what he wants", but I personally am sick of the eye roll and the obvious "you are not worthy of my genius" attitude that he shows local press and SU students.

It's 10 minutes be a pro and cut the snark. To me he comes across as a bully, and it isn't a good look.

And before I get flamed - I know I"m in the minority here, at least among posters.

The kid who does a local sports show up here (AJ Kannell) is an SU grad and former target of JB's ire. He talks about it occasionally. They were having a conversation on Monday with a reporter who spends a lot of time covering Alabama football and apparently Saban is like that as well. Cannell also said that it seems like JB actually seeks out the questions from students in an effort to rip them apart and that the student reporters all know it's coming and it will be brutal. A right of passage for Newhouse students if you will.

The kid who does a local sports show up here (AJ Kannell) is an SU grad and former target of JB's ire. He talks about it occasionally. They were having a conversation on Monday with a reporter who spends a lot of time covering Alabama football and apparently Saban is like that as well. Cannell also said that it seems like JB actually seeks out the questions from students in an effort to rip them apart and that the student reporters all know it's coming and it will be brutal. A right of passage for Newhouse students if you will.
Makes sense I guess.

You have a situation with a person being forced to answer questions he'd rather just skip altogether. He's forced to provide answers to persons not entitled to any answers. When things aren't going so well, that's a crappy situation to be in. I'd be a jerk too.

Both questions he scoffed at were about Roberson's fouls, so I'd guess he's not too thrilled with the idea of having to bench TR for long stretches in the 2nd half. I got the impression he was more pissed at Roberson than the reporter. On the JB meltdown scale, this barely moves the needle. 1.5 out of 10 at best and that's being generous. Not sure how a 70 year old nerdy guy can be a bully, but I know we have some fragile types on this board.

Both questions he scoffed at were about Roberson's fouls, so I'd guess he's not too thrilled with the idea of having to bench TR for long stretches in the 2nd half. I got the impression he was more pissed at Roberson than the reporter. On the JB meltdown scale, this barely moves the needle. 1.5 out of 10 at best and that's being generous. Not sure how a 70 year old nerdy guy can be a bully, but I know we have some fragile types on this board.
I'm not fragile at all thanks, but if you think bullying is just physical intimidation you're wrong, and if you don't think a legendary head coach is incapable of bullying a 20 something year old kid, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not fragile at all thanks, but if you think bullying is just physical intimidation you're wrong, and if you don't think a legendary head coach is incapable of bullying a 20 something year old kid, I don't know what to tell you.
Honest question - why do you watch them? Do you think the behavior is going to change?

If we could only combine JB's coaching ability with MH's press conferences, then everyone would be happy...

They're asking dumb questions. JB is trying to make them better reporters, they should thank him :)

I am a huge Boeheim supporter, but IMO there is nothing to admire about his press conferences. To paraphrase Freud, "Old age is the multiplier of neurosis." Older age + NCAA sanctions = Bitter Boeheim. I wish he could throw off this bitterness, but at the moment it ain't happening.

I LOVE Coach but I do wish he would conduct himself as a gentleman during the pressers.

No matter what you are faced with I was always taught to treat others the way you want to be treated.

I do agree that his behavior, at times, would be considered bullying. He is better than that.

Didn't say anything quoted above here, but thanks. If you think that presser was bullying, you should probably get your meds checked and stay away from the tv.

Didn't say anything quoted above here, but thanks. If you think that presser was bullying, you should probably get your meds checked and stay away from the tv.

Completely unnecessary.

Take a look at his handle. Put 2 and 2 together.

The token JB presser post. I think they are hilarious and I'll probably never watch another one when JB retires. I get a kick out of how physically and emotionally fragile our country has become when JB is referred to as a bully.

Honest question - why do you watch them? Do you think the behavior is going to change?

I don't. He pisses me off in those so I haven't watched one in a very long time.

The token JB presser post. I think they are hilarious and I'll probably never watch another one when JB retires. I get a kick out of how physically and emotionally fragile our country has become when JB is referred to as a bully.

Why is he called a bully? Maybe because some of the 'reporters' who are asking the questions are students at the university he is employed by. I wonder if JB thinks he's actually part of their educational process when he treats them like dirt. I also wonder what he would do if his players were treated publicly in the same manner he treats these Newhouse students.

I don't give a rip about his interactions with the PS staff or any of the local professional folks, it's the nonsense he throws at the students that bugs me.

Why is he called a bully? Maybe because some of the 'reporters' who are asking the questions are students at the university he is employed by. I wonder if JB thinks he's actually part of their educational process when he treats them like dirt. I also wonder what he would do if his players were treated publicly in the same manner he treats these Newhouse students.

I don't give a rip about his interactions with the PS staff or any of the local professional folks, it's the nonsense he throws at the students that bugs me.

Those students are going to become professional reporters. JB telling them their questions suck and they suck at life is probably not going to crack the top 10 of worst things said to them in their careers. I'm not saying JB is taking it upon himself to be a part of their eduction, I think he's just an old man being a jerk, but I doubt it's harming the students long-term.

Completely unnecessary.

Take a look at his handle. Put 2 and 2 together.
Thanks for the road map. A lot of us went to Newhouse. I would hope that those of us who did would watch that presser and come to a different conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom