BC and Rutgers, A Special Pair | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BC and Rutgers, A Special Pair

Especially since our fired coach won 2 out of 3 vs them and they are moving to a two back pro-style offense and their recruiting has dipped some ;)

I kid. Addazzio is a decent coach. It will be interesting to see if he can right the offense. They were very good on defense (we'll see vs Babers)
#DomeDudes > Addazio's dudes.

BC is very much a cautionary tale. Just *being* in a P5 conference, and receiving the revenue that begets, is not enough. A school has to commit entirely to success, or there won't be any.

I think SU has learned this lesson.

The guy that played in the last game against SU couldn.t hit the broadside of a barn. But he was 5th string emergency back up. For a while they had Flutie's boy , who was also an emergency plan . If what you saying is that Steve Addazio doesn't know the difference between a capable QB and a poor QB , well that's silly. Mahoney is good , BC could have won 7-8 games with him.

Mahoney is an awful passer. Worst I have ever seen at SU. BC's QB that started the year couldn't hit the broadside of a barn either. The fact that their 3rd string guy couldn't doesn't help their case.

Mahoney is an awful passer. Worst I have ever seen at SU. BC's QB that started the year couldn't hit the broadside of a barn either. The fact that their 3rd string guy couldn't doesn't help their case.
Anthony Brown will help. Mahoney's not that bad on short slant's.

CousCuse said:
Anthony Brown will help. Mahoney's not that bad on short slant's.

Speaking of. Seems crazy that he's excited to play for Addazzio in that offense. Must like hand offs.

longtimefan said:
BC is totally committed to success--in hockey.

Yep. And their lousy fans still can't consistently fill up their arena to see the one sport they're elite in.

Yep. And their lousy fans still can't consistently fill up their arena to see the one sport they're elite in.
they do relatively well nationally if I recall correctly from last years Beanpot, which I watch every year. Great competitive hockey.

someone said that and they showed #s that had them as top 5 I think.

Behind only the schools that have nothing but hockey.

And by nothing I mean nothing...cows, farms, snow...hockey.

Lets face it, Boston is a fun town.

KaiserUEO said:
they do relatively well nationally if I recall correctly from last years Beanpot, which I watch every year. Great competitive hockey. someone said that and they showed #s that had them as top 5 I think. Behind only the schools that have nothing but hockey. And by nothing I mean nothing...cows, farms, snow...hockey. Lets face it, Boston is a fun town.

They do OK, 11th nationally last year (out of 60 teams). Right in between UConn and UMass-Lowell though, which is unflattering company. They should draw much, much better, given BC being a perennial top team, Boston's population and how it's such a hockey-crazed town.

I think it's yet another bit of evidence showing how aside from BC students and alums, everyone else in Boston is either indifferent or hates them.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendance/division-i-men/2014-2015/

Both SU staffs recruited Brown pretty hard. BC has talent, they just didn't have a QB last year. They probably would have beaten SU if they did.

They do OK, 11th nationally last year (out of 60 teams). Right in between UConn and UMass-Lowell though, which is unflattering company. They should draw much, much better, given BC being a perennial top team, Boston's population and how it's such a hockey-crazed town.

I think it's yet another bit of evidence showing how aside from BC students and alums, everyone else in Boston is either indifferent or hates them.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendance/division-i-men/2014-2015/
Cool site.

Going backwards they were 7, 6, 5, 7, 10...

I'd say both indifferent and hate. Probably 90% of the town went to rival hockey playing school.

Frozen 4 seasons won't win the BU or Harvard or Northeastern or tufts or whomevers fans over.

Of course the Bs do pretty well too.

cuseguy said:
Both SU staffs recruited Brown pretty hard. BC has talent, they just didn't have a QB last year. They probably would have beaten SU if they did.

Seems like it was a level playing field when it comes to QB.

Chip said:
Seems like it was a level playing field when it comes to QB.

Yeah, pretty close. But our QB was actually capable of competing a pass.

We are not being nice conference mates if we try to link these two programs together. Seems really evil in some ways.

Do all college coaches just like the word 'dude'?

Do all college coaches just like the word 'dude'?

Actually, he beat us to it. You should see a video of his from a couple of years ago... oh my! :)

Finwad32 said:
Wicked scripted, a little odd, A for effort... Looks like the first time in awhile a lot of them got some cardio in.

If they do that for every recruit, someone's passing out

And if we had our starting QB last year...?

Wow didn't realize both hadn't won a conference game in hoops yet, and only Rutgers won a game in conference this year in football. NE athletics is thriving! Add PSU, Maryland, SU, etc. Not a great picture to paint on the status of success that can be had up here in our friendly little corridor.

Before I get bashed, take out Maryland & Cuse hoops from this equation. I was too lazy to look up PSU's hoops record too.
Growing up in Boston, I was never really a fan of any of the college teams. It's just not a college sports town. To a certain extent, this probably holds true for the Northeast in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom