Be My Therapist | Syracusefan.com

Be My Therapist

Orangeman13

Starter
Do we really stand any kind of chance to beat North Carolina? Yes, I saw us beat Virginia on TV but all I keep hearing from my so called friends is how we are finished on Saturday night because UNC is too good.

I admit I'm a huge fan of Syracuse (to a fault) but I'm not an expert at all in this.

I'm sick of hearing how great UNC is. I mean why play the game? (I'm being sarcastic here).

Thanks,

A die hard fan and alum

Fred-Armisen-Confuse-Face-Californians-520x245.gif

We have a really good chance. We played them tough both times we played them. Our defensive rebounding really needs to be good but I think we are playing at a much higher level than the last time. I have watched UNC the last 3 games they played in the tourney and I don't think they are playing any better than earlier in the year but that is what people are saying. I think they are really beatable by any of the 3 teams left.

Do we really stand any kind of chance to beat North Carolina? Yes, I saw us beat Virginia on TV but all I keep hearing from my so called friends is how we are finished on Saturday night because UNC is too good.

I admit I'm a huge fan of Syracuse (to a fault) but I'm not an expert at all in this.

I'm sick of hearing how great UNC is. I mean why play the game? (I'm being sarcastic here).

Thanks,

A die hard fan and alum
You're ok!

I mean I know there's a chance ANYTHING can happen but more than a 25% chance of us beating UNC?

Sorry if I'm bugging you guys. I try to keep my mouth shut most of the year except when I was anxious for Tyus Battle to commit.

According to that 538 website our chances of a W tomorrow night are up to 30% which is the same as it forecast for the W over UVa; and UNC lost to UVa this year...

In my mind there is a great chance of winning...the difference will be the tactical X's and O's coaching...

Dude! We were tied with them at their place with about 3 minutes to go.

They are really talented but JB's system matches up well against Roy's. Let's see what happens.

Aaaaaand we are in the Final Four! This is house money!

We aren't playing the Warriors, if it makes you feel a little better, the last time we played them on the road on their senior day, it was a two point game with 40 secs left.

I mean I know there's a chance ANYTHING can happen but more than a 25% chance of us beating UNC?

Sorry if I'm bugging you guys. I try to keep my mouth shut most of the year except when I was anxious for Tyus Battle to commit.
are you like 8 years old or something?

Nope. No chance. Don't bother watching.

... all I keep hearing from my so called friends is how we are finished on Saturday night because UNC is too good.
If they're saying that are they really your friends?
(I picked that up from Dr. Phil).

"They don't want us to win."
But we are!

GO ORANGE!

Thanks,

A die hard fan and alum
Ask your friends if they thought we would beat Virginia? Ask them if they thought we would beat UNC back in '75 when they were better than they are now and we were worse than we are now. Or in '87 when we beat UNC again?

We played better against UNC in the regular season than we did Virginia. That's conclusive proof that we will beat them by more than we beat Virginia.

My attitude is and always will be, we will win the game until the final second clicks off, anyone else's opinion does not matter!
You've got the right way of it, great post!

Prior to this tourney, there was only two teams that I was afraid of playing: Virginia and Pitt. We beat Virginia, and Jamie Dixon is gone. So I'm not afraid of anybody anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom