Belichick and his deflated balls | Syracusefan.com

Belichick and his deflated balls

FYI, each team supplies 12 game balls, so all but 1 of the balls supplied by NE were underinflated by 2 lbs each? Hmm...

Chris Mortensen @mortreport
NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 4m4 minutes ago
As NFL investigates Deflate-gate would be wise to speak to Ravens. Some there believe kicking balls used in their playoff game underinflated

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 4m4 minutes ago
There appeared to be less air in some kicking balls which may have had an impact on the depth of punts and kickoffs in AFC Divisional game

6Ja1pR.png

NFL finds 11/12 balls were deflated in violation of the rules.

Could be a coincidence, I'm inclined to think otherwise. Could be some Brady idolizer read once that's how he liked it and acted alone...I'm inclined to think otherwise, that it was a defined strategy to gain an advantage, but that's me

That said, I am well-aware that the Colts couldn't stop the Patriots running attack anyway so what's it matter...the Ravens on the other hand? They had a two TD lead and had to identify eligible players on the fly AND defend a flat football?!?! :)

Regardless, one more datapoint that shows us conspiracy-theorists around the Patriots, other tent-pole franchises, and the NFL shouldn't be laughed off the stage as crazy people.

Tip your cap to their success but hold a wary view as well

I can't believe that the NFL protocol allows game balls to fall outside the purview of the NFL officials once they've initially been inspected, especially in a playoff setting.

It would be like NASCAR doing inspections, and then allowing teams to then tinker with the cars after inspections.

It can only lead to one possibility: Cheating.

Can they fine the NE players or coaches their share of the playoff money? I know the owner/GM doesn't get playoff money (supposedly one of the reasons there's no incentive other than vanity to win). Can they be fined/suspended by the league? Our board noted the inequality of treatment of Sean Payton and Belicheck, who's now a serial offender.

Can they fine the NE players or coaches their share of the playoff money? I know the owner/GM doesn't get playoff money (supposedly one of the reasons there's no incentive other than vanity to win). Can they be fined/suspended by the league? Our board noted the inequality of treatment of Sean Payton and Belicheck, who's now a serial offender.
460x.jpg

I've just seen an even better picture of the lovely couple (Kraft/Goodell) from Krafts party the Friday night before the AFC Championship game.

This will be an interesting decision...now that the world is on fire about the Patriots' behaviors over the years, and with the poor handling of the Ray Rice thing, and Krafts support (first and loudest -- and most to lose if Goodell is gone?!?!) during that issue, and with with the Sean Peyton precedent, and being double (triple? Quadruple?) defenders, he's probably got to do something.

My theory is the other owners were willing to go along while their franchise values were skyrocketing due to theTV contracts...but those contracts have Prob peaked for a while, and their franchise values go DOWN if the populace believes the league is rigged (WWE is cute and profitable but nichey)

So those owners Prob won't support anything that signifies collusion with this episode.

That said, I fully expect some ball boy to take the fall on this, get paid a couple hundred bucks and woila, problem goes away

I can't believe that the NFL protocol allows game balls to fall outside the purview of the NFL officials once they've initially been inspected, especially in a playoff setting.

It would be like NASCAR doing inspections, and then allowing teams to then tinker with the cars after inspections.

It can only lead to one possibility: Cheating.
Maybe they should do like hockey does and bring in ball attendants, chain gang, etc., from cities out of the playoffs or just not allow them to work their own team's games?

Hearing in NE, 275k(25k for each ball deflated) fine, 6 week suspension for BB next year, and lose 3rd round draft pick next two years. The penalties won't be announced till after the SB so BB can coach it.

Wonder what Lance Armstrong's take is
Hearing in NE, 275k(25k for each ball deflated) fine, 6 week suspension for BB next year, and lose 3rd round draft pick next two years. The penalties won't be announced till after the SB so BB can coach it.
Funny - was just posting my prediction of $25k per ball and a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Didn't include a BB suspension.

'Wonder what Lance Armstrong's take is'. Same as that of any NASCAR driver:

"It ain't cheatin' if you don't get caught".

Bill should get the year that Payton got in New Orleans. I think the repeat offender aspect of cheating requires it.
Kick in a first round pick for the next two years along with a 3rd the first year and a fifth the second year.
Bill can pay the 275k fine and the owner can pay an even million for his share.

I hope all the "Cheater" signs get broadcast worldwide and Goodell takes it in the keister globally for the crap job he's done as commissioner.

Belichick has no explanation and interesting how he seemed to throw tom brady under the bus ..