Class of 2015 - Best Case Scenario in 2015/2016? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Best Case Scenario in 2015/2016?

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Because we have scholarships to give and Rak graduates in 2015... could we possibly be looking at a lineup like this come 2015/2016?

PG: Joseph, Howard
SG: Cooney, Richardson, Buss
SF: Gbinije, Johnson, Jones
PF: Roberson, McCullough, Bryant, Lydon
C: Coleman, Obokoh

Am I missing anyone?

This is assuming Grant's most definitely gone and Roberson/McCullough are still here.

Trueblue25 said:
Because we have scholarships to give and Rak graduates in 2015... could we possibly be looking at a lineup like this come 2015/2016? PG: Joseph, Howard SG: Cooney, Richardson, Buss SF: Gbinije, Johnson, Jones PF: Roberson, McCullough, Bryant, Lydon C: Coleman, Obokoh Am I missing anyone? This is assuming Grant's most definitely gone and Roberson/McCullough are still here.

You have 14 players.

Because we have scholarships to give and Rak graduates in 2015... could we possibly be looking at a lineup like this come 2015/2016?

Am I missing anyone?

This is assuming Grant's most definitely gone and Roberson/McCullough are still here.
Can only have two of Howard/Bryant/Diagne to be at 13 schollies. Can't fit all 3.

Can only have two of Howard/Bryant/Diagne to be at 13 schollies. Can't fit all 3.

Howard and Bryant then. I didn't include Diagne in there.

Can you only have 13 on scholarship though? I don't know the rules too well I'm still learning.

Am I missing anyone?

I don't believe McCullough will be here.

Neither do I

That still leaves us possibly with..

joseph, howard, richardson, buss, cooney, gbinije, johnson, lydon, Roberson, bryant, obokoh, coleman and Mr. Jones.

Is this best case scenario possible?

Meant two of Howard/Bryant/Jones. NCAA rule only 13 scholarship players maximum in any year.

I wouldn't be shocked if Cooney played his final year elsewhere. Depending on how next season goes and whether we recruit (add) another guard, maybe he would go play for a good mid-major or lower major program? The kid has already taken enough from the fans for an entire career, if that intensifies, he may want to leave...just speculating about that possibility, though I hope he stays two more.

Am I missing anyone?

Besides the 14 problem, it's a good start. My knee injuries never healed. It's not clear to me whether DC's career will continue or not based on my own experiences. So your list may be accurate minus DC. I think Cooney will stay and play his remaining two years. I hope we get Howard to commit. Jones really wants to go to SU and he can't shoot just like Grant so he's a shoe in for the program. I'm not sure McCull leaves early. Big guys take an extra to develop.

I wouldn't be shocked if Cooney played his final year elsewhere. Depending on how next season goes and whether we recruit (add) another guard, maybe he would go play for a good mid-major or lower major program? The kid has already taken enough from the fans for an entire career, if that intensifies, he may want to leave...just speculating about that possibility, though I hope he stays two more.

There's no way he's leaving the Orange stage with 30,000 plus crowds and tons of TV coverage. And JB always favors veteran players. Besides, TC's sophomore numbers are just as good as other great Syracuse players.

This would be a good three also. But I hope we get Jones somehow.

JackBauer44 said:
If McCullough is gone after one year, he either has a tremendous year or he's another misguided teenager. I'm betting the latter.

So our starting 2g is going to want to transfer because some fans are upset with him not shooting 50+% from 3? Now I've truly heard it all. Only place dude is going is in the record books as one of our best 3 pt shooters when its all said and done.

Am I missing anyone?

I don't see McCullough still being here, and as good as he may be, I don't think Derrick Jones
really helps SU. Including this year, you will have lost during two years Keita, Christmas, Fair,
Grant, and McCullough, and uncertainty with Coleman, most of whom are 6'9"+. Currently,
they have signed for 2015 Lydon, Richardson, and just say for kicks Howard, all of whom
basically are 2G/SF. I'd rather see them pull two of Diagne, Bryant, and Chris Silva, just to
get some height back.

Kev

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom