Best Home Game This Season? | Syracusefan.com

Best Home Game This Season?

ascalice

Walk On
In your opinion, which of the home games would be the most exciting? I am thinking of going to the Louisville or FSU home game.

A friend of mine just moved back to the northeast and I can't wait to get him back to the Dome. He's an SU grad who has spent the last couple of decades in Atlanta and Dallas. I promised him I'd take him to a game, just trying to figure out which one. Personally, I'll be at them all!

Colgate.. start of a new era

The 3rd or 4th home game in 2017...or so I'm told. :eek:

Actually thinking Louisville has potential...

If we light up Colgate the UL hype will be crazy.. if we win and struggle scoring 30 then who knows what to expect. We usually win these games but sometimes its just a grind it out type of slow domination. I think people expect more even in game 1 this year.

Night games are typically better so that makes Louisville attractive. But all else being equal it has to be VA Tech. They will actually have some fans in the building and our fans still have a dislike for them. They were the closest thing to a rival that we have had since Colgate in the early 50s.

Night games are typically better so that makes Louisville attractive. But all else being equal it has to be VA Tech. They will actually have some fans in the building and our fans still have a dislike for them. They were the closest thing to a rival that we have had since Colgate in the early 50s.

Really? Va Tech? I never thought of them as a strong rival. I know there's the Vick thing and a few good games, but not too much of a rival. As has been stated in many threads before, SU just hasn't had a true football rival in half a century.

The Ville will be electric. Friday night, nice tailgating weather, i expext it to have as much Juice as the WVU Friday game about 4 or 5 years back.

Notre Dame!!!!

Just kidding. Probably Louisville but for nostalgia I'll say vt! Tight end throwback!!!! Can't wait

Really? Va Tech? I never thought of them as a strong rival. I know there's the Vick thing and a few good games, but not too much of a rival. As has been stated in many threads before, SU just hasn't had a true football rival in half a century.

Were you around in the 90s? Both fan bases hated each other. VA Tech used to bring 10k to the Dome. We would beat them here and they would beat us there. Outside of Miami it was the biggest game every year. It had huge implications. This is all BEFORE Vick and even the internet. So that made it even greater that there was a buzz when we played them.

I agree that we haven't ever had a true rival, but they have been the closest IMO.

Were you around in the 90s? Both fan bases hated each other. VA Tech used to bring 10k to the Dome. We would beat them here and they would beat us there. Outside of Miami it was the biggest game every year. It had huge implications. This is all BEFORE Vick and even the internet. So that made it even greater that there was a buzz when we played them.

I agree that we haven't ever had a true rival, but they have been the closest IMO.

Yup, I was around during the 90's. I just didn't sense the hate you speak of. WVU? Yeah, there was hate there (Thank you Marvin Graves!).

Oh and I was being dramatic for effect using Colgate. Penn State was absolutely a rival from the early 50s to early 70s. Then we stunk for 20 years while they were really good. In the Carrier Dome era though I think VA Tech was the closest thing we have had.

Yup, I was around during the 90's. I just didn't sense the hate you speak of. WVU? Yeah, there was hate there (Thank you Marvin Graves!).

You didn't sense that with VT? I guess you didn't live in Virginia at the time (like me), cutting your teeth in the professional world with the locust swarm of Hokie grads that you couldn't punch in the face because you'd get fired.

But even at that, I thought they brought as much energy to the Dome as any team in that era, even Miami. Because unlike Miami, VT actually had a full visitor section, one that extended to the upper deck.

As for this year, I would have said VT, but I can't go. Going to Louisville, so that instantly makes it fun.

There's the dream scenario of us, even in year 1, thinking we have the offense to keep us in any game. Which could make for a fun November FSU atmosphere. Reality says everything is too new, we're probably too thin, and who knows who would even still be injury free by then.

You didn't sense that with VT? I guess you didn't live in Virginia at the time (like me), cutting your teeth in the professional world with the locust swarm of Hokie grads that you couldn't punch in the face because you'd get fired.

But even at that, I thought they brought as much energy to the Dome as any team in that era, even Miami. Because unlike Miami, VT actually had a full visitor section, one that extended to the upper deck.

As for this year, I would have said VT, but I can't go. Going to Louisville, so that instantly makes it fun.

There's the dream scenario of us, even in year 1, thinking we have the offense to keep us in any game. Which could make for a fun November FSU atmosphere. Reality says everything is too new, we're probably too thin, and who knows who would even still be injury free by then.

Never lived in Virginia, but I have to imagine it's like what I had to deal with when I moved to Jersey in the early 2000's (without RU having any semblance of football history, of course). I only know one VPI grad personally. She's also a White Sox fan. In retrospect, I'm not sure why we're friends.

VA Tech has to be the biggest game for me this year. I've been waiting a LONG time to get them back into the Dome. I just wish Beamer was still there so I can look at his face when SU scores the winning touchdown.

Let's play ball!

SUFaninNJ said:

I'm not sure you could have missed the VaTech v Syracuse rivalry.

They were a huge rival.

The McNabb game in the Dome. The upset wins in 2001 and 2002.

The near upset in the Vick game you mentioned.

It was a great rivalry.

They were a huge rival.

The McNabb game in the Dome. The upset wins in 2001 and 2002.

The near upset in the Vick game you mentioned.

It was a great rivalry.

Fine. you guys "win". I'll change my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom