Beyond pathetic offense, have we seen? | Syracusefan.com

Beyond pathetic offense, have we seen?

CaliCuse

All American
A vastly improved infield? Headley has been excellent so far but not much to his left Petit hasn't impressed yet at all. If a player at second isn't outstanding with both the glove and bat,I would much rather have Refsynder with his bat in there. Beltran seems to have declined in the hitting department. The classic cliche is that the bats warm up with onset of warmer days and nights. Drew has shown some power to right field but he will never be a Robby Cano.A hitting coach should be helping the team increase its overall batting averages Singles at the right time are as important as HRs. Last night was a prime example of that. NYY writers are already pronouncing this team DOA. Hal Steinbrenner must sit in his father's chair and try hard to muster the cajones required to make the team entertaining if nothing else The opposition only requires to put up 2 or 3 runs and the air goes out of the tires and game.A couple late inning home-runs means very littleDecent pitching isn't rewarded and wasted. I don't think its Joe's fault ALTHOUGH, I think that the Yankees last year and thus far this year consistently fail in scoring a run when there is a man on second with 0 outs. You gotta get the man to third base and do something,even if its a strong bunt to the right side.

Last edited:
A vastly improved infield? Healey has been excellent so far but not much to his left Petit hasn't impressed yet at all. If a player at second isn't outstanding with both the glove and bat,I would much rather have Refsynder with his bat in there. Beltran seems to have declined in the hitting department. The classic cliche is that the bats warm up with onset of warmer days and nights. Drew has shown some power to right field but he will never be a Robby Cano.A hitting coach should be helping the team increase its overall batting averages Singles at the right time are as important as HRs. Last night was a prime example of that.
At least Beltran put the bat on the ball when it counted late to tie it up. It really hurt to see drew and didi coming up time after time last night with an opportunity to win it and do so poorly. The bottom of the lineup is a black hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom