Big 10 and Transfers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big 10 and Transfers

Beilein is being most vocal because he is being affected 2 years in a row with kids graduating and going to conference rivals.
Max Bielfeldt went fro Michigan to Indiana this year as a 5th year graduate.
Spike Albricht is leaving for Purdue.
Beilein is a good guy but he comes off completely selfish.

College players are cattle used to make millions. Now they get some benefits but the schools/coaches get the better end of the bargain. If they want to move on after graduating then they should be allowed.

The current rules are fine.

I wonder if this will have any impact on whether schools are willing to allow a kid a "redshirt" year. For most of these kids I assume the reason that they are graduating with eligibility left is because the school picked up tuition for a year that they didn't compete; either because they were injured or because they took a developmental redshirt year. Maybe there should be a difference in how that situation is handled and how the situation where a kid got through without the redshirt is handled. The school only paid for the additional year of tuition for the kid because it assumed it would have him for an additional year of eligibility.

Last edited:
I wonder if this will have any impact on whether schools are willing to allow a kid a "redshirt" year. For most of these kids I assume the reason that they are graduating with eligibility left is because the school picked up tuition for a year that they didn't compete; either because they were injured or because they took a developmental redshirt year. Maybe there should be a difference in how that situation is handled and how the situation where a kid got through without the redshirt is handled. The school only paid for the additional year of tuition for the kid because it assumed it would have him for an additional year of eligibility.
I think the total of 3-year graduates and medical redshirts now exceeds the standard redshirt numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom