Big Kentucky Derby preview today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big Kentucky Derby preview today

I dont know why exaggerator would run the preakness. it has lost to him multiple times and that shorter distance will probably be even tougher. better to rest and take the shot in the belmont

I dont know why exaggerator would run the preakness. it has lost to him multiple times and that shorter distance will probably be even tougher. better to rest and take the shot in the belmont

Owner probably wants to run. Seems that most now skip the Preakness and save for Belmont. Looks like Cherry Wine will run Preakness? He seems like a good shot at Belmont. The think about Nyquist is that he doesn't seem to be bothered by the early speed up front that would soften him up later in the race. ( kind of how AP lost in Traver's last year) He just keeps going.

It's going to take a MONSTER effort or a horrible trip to beat him. I am just starting to think he is that good. I think most are cautious because we just had a Triple Crown winner last year but if he wins the Preakness it will really snowball. Obviously, he will be heavy favorite to win the Preakness, The Desormeaux's are two of the best in the game as well, would never rule them out. Interesting that Kent D felt Exaggerator got more hung up than his brother. In addition, sloppy track bodes well for Exaggerator.