Big Monday... | Syracusefan.com

Big Monday...

supp

Hall of Fame
Anyone else miss the heck out of being on Big Monday? Maybe it's a habit or nostalgia thing but Wednesday is not a basketball night for me. I know it was tough on the team but I especially miss the Saturday-Monday back-to-back games. That's what made Big East basketball. Anyway, I always thought that the short turnaround was a good prep for the NCAAs.

Yes, and I miss Bill Rafferty on those games and at ESPN in general. I'm not a big fan of the current Big East so I don't really get to hear him that often and it's not the same without the chemistry of McDonough and Bilas.

We still have that. The ACC took over Big Monday.

Hmm...I guess I don't watch enough college bball. All I hear in the promos is ACC Wednesday. I know that we haven't played a Big Monday yet.

Hmm...I guess I don't watch enough college bball. Every time I've turned it on this year, it's been B1G in the early game and Big 12 in the late game. I know that we haven't played a Big Monday yet.

We played at Chapel Hill on a Monday a couple of weeks ago. UVa will be a Big Monday game.

I do miss Raf.

I liked it because after the weekend it helped the crappy Monday go faster at work knowing there would often be an SU game and if not you would get a prime time matchup from teams you would play or had played.

Yes the ACC has it now but I have yet to get acquainted with it and the Wednesday games just seem strange to me still. I expect we will adjust eventually.

Anyone else miss the heck out of being on Big Monday? Maybe it's a habit or nostalgia thing but Wednesday is not a basketball night for me. I know it was tough on the team but I especially miss the Saturday-Monday back-to-back games. That's what made Big East basketball. Anyway, I always thought that the short turnaround was a good prep for the NCAAs.
Not a fan of tiny tuesdays?

You must mean Kansas Monday...since they are the 9:00 game just about every Monday.

If you play at home for both games fine but if you have to travel that's bad and nothing like the NCAA. If by rare chance you are away for both games, then it is really nothing like it.

Agree completely. Hate the midweek games. Miss starting the week with a featured game against a good team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom