Big Ten officials | Syracusefan.com

Big Ten officials

BORZAK

2nd String
Think we my have some poor call against us. As a conference they need all the help they can get. Just saying....

Do you mean like the 2012 Northwestern game when they called a late hit against the QB on 3rd and 19 and he was still inbounds , giving them a 1st down instead of 4th and forever ? Orange needs to get on them early and get the crowd into the action. It's time for TH and the O to really roll the bones.

Think we my have some poor call against us. As a conference they need all the help they can get. Just saying...
To be honest I wasn't very happy with the ACC Refs early last season. Remember the Ga Tech game in the first half, whenever we did something positive they hit us with a flag.

CousCuse said:
Do you mean like the 2012 Northwestern game when they called a late hit against the QB on 3rd and 19 and he was still inbounds , giving them a 1st down instead of 4th and forever ? Orange needs to get on them early and get the crowd into the action. It's time for TH and the O to really roll the bones.

I believe traveling team brings their own refs, that means the refs for that game where ACC refs

I hope you're wrong but I'm worried... It seems like the stakes have been raised with the playoffs - anyone see the replay officials in the Oklahoma - Tennessee game confirm that non-fumble? Not saying Tennessee was going to win that game but that led to Oklahoma taking control.

A friend of mine is a huge advocate of this and it makes sense to me. Why can't they all be NCAA refs? Does the NFL have different refs? I don't get it and maybe because there is too much money out there to be made for conferences to leave out by chance. There is a bias and it's human nature at the very least to be that way.

storange said:
To be honest I wasn't very happy with the ACC Refs early last season. Remember the Ga Tech game in the first half, whenever we did something positive they hit us with a flag.
I'm still livid about the interference call on when Coker cleanly leveled the punt returner.

Further: Set the tone for the game.

Last edited:
Let's wait to see the outcome of the game and then decide if we want to blame the refs. ;)

Let's wait to see the outcome of the game and then decide if we want to blame the refs. ;)

Nah, we're just practicing. Our team practices on the field, we practice (&^(&^% about the calls. Gotta stay in top form. Our team has to know we have their backs. A few of us are even talented enough to complain about the calls the refs get right!

As long as we don't get the Big Ten crew from the ND-Purdue game. That crew used to be a Big East crew and were the crew from the 2012 SU-Cincinnati game where Doug Marrone rightfully wanted to choke those refs for how awful and pro-UC the refs were. I still that crew and if I see that white hat ref at the Dome Saturday I may go crazy which I rarely do at games.

As long as we don't get the Big Ten crew from the ND-Purdue game. That crew used to be a Big East crew and were the crew from the 2012 SU-Cincinnati game where Doug Marrone rightfully wanted to choke those refs for how awful and pro-UC the refs were. I still that crew and if I see that white hat ref at the Dome Saturday I may go crazy which I rarely do at games.

Oh the Cincinnati game. What a travesty.

While there are no doubt multiple reasons for having league refs, one may just be a basic money issue. Don't want to pay refs to fly all over the country when you can keep an in-house group that has more limited transportation expenses. Still may fly, but on jump flights, not coast to coast. But on the other hand, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

you know going in that the big 10 refs are going to suck. and we'll get a penalty for unsportsmanlike, roughing, or jawing or celebration or something that'll be ticky tack.

While there are no doubt multiple reasons for having league refs, one may just be a basic money issue. Don't want to pay refs to fly all over the country when you can keep an in-house group that has more limited transportation expenses. Still may fly, but on jump flights, not coast to coast. But on the other hand, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.
I was going to post something similar, but with how the conferences are now so spread out (yet overlapping), it would make more sense for the NCAA to take over (how often do you hear that?) officiating and have regional crews. For example, a mid-atlantic crew could work ACC, SEC, B1G, AAC, CUSA, and even B12 home games if you count WVU in the region. In other areas, refs might work most of their games in only a couple of conferences, but they wouldn't have any inferred loyalty to any of them. And travel costs might actually be reduced.

A friend of mine is a huge advocate of this and it makes sense to me. Why can't they all be NCAA refs? Does the NFL have different refs? I don't get it and maybe because there is too much money out there to be made for conferences to leave out by chance. There is a bias and it's human nature at the very least to be that way.

As long as they aren't FIFA refs.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideo...im-benzema-slots-france-2-up-against-ukraine/
Theres been worse, but that bugged me for months.

And this... Speaking of worse

You're right, that's worse. I remember playing a team in HS where the kid trapped the ball against his knee from a cross. The ball came into the box as a high looper, I was defending the player at the near post and watched as this kid, not 10 yards in front of the goal dead center, jumped up to trap the ball with the inside of his left knee and then trapped it with his right hand. The ball dropped straight down and he cranked off a goal. I still don't know how the ref missed it. It's like this rifle shot suddenly hit a patch of Velcro and lost all momentum and dropped.

You're right, that's worse. I remember playing a team in HS where the kid trapped the ball against his knee from a cross. The ball came into the box as a high looper, I was defending the player at the near post and watched as this kid, not 10 yards in front of the goal dead center, jumped up to trap the ball with the inside of his left knee and then trapped it with his right hand. The ball dropped straight down and he cranked off a goal. I still don't know how the ref missed it. It's like this rifle shot suddenly hit a patch of Velcro and lost all momentum and dropped.
As a keeper is just makes me angry every game the amount of missed offside calls there as well...

Whether it be my league or in FIFA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom