BJ UPDATE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BJ UPDATE

With any group of sports fans there will be different perspectives and pov. IMHO BJ and OGBJ are still part of the extended cuse family. I really wish things at cuse had worked out and feel BJ would be an imp part of this year's team, sort of what we're hoping for from AW3.

Hope he gets some run at the 2.

again with the bj stuff? this is a cuse bball board... the kid is gone. lets move on!!!!
If only there was a way that you weren't forced to read these posts. Maybe the mods get set up a forum where you don't have to read every thread.

there is no actually good way for this thread to go. if bj flames out and doesn't play, his dad will stop posting. if bj blows up and his dad keeps posting, there will be two camps. one camp will say godspeed kick ass bj, and the other camp will say we don't give a damn. the entire premise is basically a lose-lose, but bj's dad has continued to post here, whereas there is no logical outcome that is any good for BJ.

there is no actually good way for this thread to go. if bj flames out and doesn't play, his dad will stop posting. if bj blows up and his dad keeps posting, there will be two camps. one camp will say godspeed kick ass bj, and the other camp will say we don't give a damn. the entire premise is basically a lose-lose, but bj's dad has continued to post here, whereas there is no logical outcome that is any good for BJ.

No, I disagree.

If you don't care (not necessarily meaning you, OHomer), then don't read or post in this thread or any other related to BJ. It's that damn simple.

BJ had to do what he had to do and the circumstances are what they are. That doesn't mean we cannot continue to support the young man. He's family, if you want to consider our community close-knit. And I do.

One last thing: BJ is not going to "flame out."

No, I disagree.

If you don't care (not necessarily meaning you, OHomer), then don't read or post in this thread or any other related to BJ. It's that damn simple.

BJ had to do what he had to do and the circumstances are what they are. That doesn't mean we cannot continue to support the young man. He's family, if you want to consider our community close-knit. And I do.

One last thing: BJ is not going to "flame out."
to make it clear I don't care one way or another, I hope it works out for BJ. having said that, [please keep in mind that I am being as neutral as I can], every time his dad posts its kind of like "see!". like I said, I don't care, i'd rather have bj on the last roster spot than dealing with this clown from Nebraska, but its not my team.

to make it clear I don't care one way or another, I hope it works out for BJ. having said that, [please keep in mind that I am being as neutral as I can], every time his dad posts its kind of like "see!". like I said, I don't care, i'd rather have bj on the last roster spot than dealing with this clown from Nebraska, but its not my team.

What the heck are you talking about? Bj's Father is a poster just like you or me, he has every right to post here, and I enjoy his posts, he is proud of his son, and if I had a son who was a D1 athlete, I would be too.

who do you dislike more ... former players or future players?

Still wish we had him, would be a legitimate 10 deep with unreal perimeter shooting. Especially now with Moyer hurt, man I'm getting greedy.

who do you dislike more ... former players or future players?

It is hard to tell, isn't it? Andrew is already a clown before he suits up?? Seems like this thread topic is clearly marked and can be ignored if you're not interested.

Not to be a jerk, but how would BJ make our perimeter shooting "unreal?"

Fair question.

Doesn't need to be a 40% perimeter shooter to make our 3 point capabilities much more potent.

We have (hopefully) White and Lydon. Both 40% three point shooters. Gillon who can knock them down with a quick release. Frank and Battle who potentially could draw defenders if they're shots have improved, yet to be seen.

Even TT supposedly has potential/is already a threat from 15 ft out.

At that point, anyone you add who can hit open threes makes the perimeter offense and general offense as a whole that much more of a nightmare.

White and Lydon alone will need defenders on them at all times. Add guys like Gillon and theoretically BJ too, and you get very open forwards and centers downlow. Opens up all sorts of lanes.

With Moyer injured.

Gillon/Howard/Battle
Battle/White/Gillon
White/Lydon/BJ
Roberson/Lydon/TT
Coleman/Chukwu/Lydon/TT

Though he'd only see maybe 10 minutes a game, it's just another man with scoring abilities and fresh legs that the D needs to worry about.

Looking at that 10 man rotation though it becomes more evident how good of a decision it was for BJ to transfer to Lasalle. He's an enormously athletic and talented player that would provide 95% of teams with a quality starter. This just happens to be one of the most talented and deep SU rosters in quite some time.

Not to be a jerk, but how would BJ make our perimeter shooting "unreal?"
You comment is about the BJ that we saw at the Cuse who simply wasn't ready. He was only something like 18 YO - very young - & he lacked strength and experience. Nonetheless he was very athletic with a smooth stroke. As he gains experience and strength he will realize his potential.

In hindsight (not really hindsight because I said it at the time), BJ should have shirted and stayed & been on track to be a big-time player as a soph or more likely as a junior.

Would he still have to lose a year of eligibility if he transferred back - LOL !!! He would be welcome to return in my mind.

You comment is about the BJ that we saw at the Cuse who simply wasn't ready. He was only something like 18 YO - very young - & he lacked strength and experience. Nonetheless he was very athletic with a smooth stroke. As he gains experience and strength he will realize his potential.

Believe me if anyone knows the perils of being a tall, skinny lefty and the youngest kid in your grade, it's me. I started kindergarten when I was 4 and it totally sucked for athletic purposes.

That said, the numbers are the numbers. He shot 26% from three (and 30% from the field overall) as a sophomore getting 15 minutes per game. Perhaps he gets into the low-to-mid 30s at best as an upperclassmen, but we still aren't talking about elite shooting.

Believe me if anyone knows the perils of being a tall, skinny lefty and the youngest kid in your grade, it's me. I started kindergarten when I was 4 and it totally sucked for athletic purposes.

That said, the numbers are the numbers. He shot 26% from three (and 30% from the field overall) as a sophomore getting 15 minutes per game. Perhaps he gets into the low-to-mid 30s at best as an upperclassmen, but we still aren't talking about elite shooting.

Sounds familiar, except for your politics.

This thread ain't for everyone. Whatever works I suppose.

So I wasn't alone. Brother, I can sympathize. What could have been...

As the season has rolled around and BJ is back in service, I would like to wish my second favorite team good luck on the season unless we meet in the tourney. Popcorn BJ and the gang are putting in that work in preparing for Explorer Nation success. Once apart of the Orange Family always apart of the Orange family. It becomes history!

As the season has rolled around and BJ is back in service, I would like to wish my second favorite team good luck on the season unless we meet in the tourney. Popcorn BJ and the gang are putting in that work in preparing for Explorer Nation success. Once apart of the Orange Family always apart of the Orange family. It becomes history!
I will always be a BJ Johnson fan. I can't wait to see what he does this year. I always look forward to your updates.

Hoping BJ has a great year!

Same here. I will be following the Explorer's as much as possible this season.

and BJ will always be an Orangeman