BJ UPDATE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

BJ UPDATE

It is hard to tell, isn't it? Andrew is already a clown before he suits up?? Seems like this thread topic is clearly marked and can be ignored if you're not interested.
i'd rather have BJ in his 3rd or 4th year at this point than a merc Andrew white. Yes.

You think if BJ was at Nebraska last year, he would have scored 16 ppg and had 7 rebs a game? I like Bj and wanted him here and to have red shirted his frosh year, but White is a better fit here right now.
so I'm just trying to understand, you guys think that a players stats on a bad team are transferable to a good team? someone has to score, even on bad teams

so I'm just trying to understand, you guys think that a players stats on a bad team are transferable to a good team? someone has to score, even on bad teams

It can be, it depends on the player, is white going to avg 16 ppg next year? Probably not, but he is going to be our 2nd or 3rd leading scorer.

It can be, it depends on the player, is white going to avg 16 ppg next year? Probably not, but he is going to be our 2nd or 3rd leading scorer.
he wont average 16 ppg, and he might be the third leading scorer at best
probably not? how about definitely not. I stand by my earlier post, I would rather have a program kid than a grad school merc.

Believe me if anyone knows the perils of being a tall, skinny lefty and the youngest kid in your grade, it's me. I started kindergarten when I was 4 and it totally sucked for athletic purposes.

That said, the numbers are the numbers. He shot 26% from three (and 30% from the field overall) as a sophomore getting 15 minutes per game. Perhaps he gets into the low-to-mid 30s at best as an upperclassmen, but we still aren't talking about elite shooting.

think DNic.

He was terrible. Then he wasn't. BJs shot looked too pure and he did have moments of brilliance.

orangehomer said:
he wont average 16 ppg, and he might be the third leading scorer at best probably not? how about definitely not. I stand by my earlier post, I would rather have a program kid than a grad school merc.

You should check out a school like Iona then.

I wish Bj would have stayed as well... But even if he was here, and we had a scholly open, we still would have wanted and taken a dude like White.

he wont average 16 ppg, and he might be the third leading scorer at best

probably not? how about definitely not. I stand by my earlier post, I would rather have a program kid than a grad school merc.

White can play, its not his fault the rest of his team stunk, I would be stunned if he isn't our 2nd or 3rd leading scorer. Things with Bj didn't work out, it happens, its the world of college basketball these days.

Always love the updates. I wish him, and LaSalle the best this season. Really the player that bugs me the most that things didn't work out, and transferred. For whatever reasons, and not just because you're on the forum. So much potential, and fun to watch. He's gonna have a big year.

So is this where I'm supposed to chime in about how great of a player BJ is and he would be the best wing man on the team at this point of his development skill wise and physically as a reshirt junior at 6'8 200pds? The fact that if circumstances were different, we wouldn't need a BJ update thread because he would still be there. But I won't state the obvious and debate opinions with you'll on his abilities and what could've been!!! Everything will work out for BJ!! He is progressing well. Stay tuned for more BJ updates and NO I'm not debating on the could've, should've, would've scenario. :rolling:Just as you'll, I'm gonna enjoy the season of watching BJ work and attain his goals. (Team and Individual) so here goes: We in BJ' s camp set the standards as follows:

Team- A-10 regular and conference tourney champs, NCAA tourney and just getting in is the not acceptable. We all know that winning the NCAA chip is the goal for everyone, so that is the goal!!! That would be a very successful season from a team standpoint which takes us in the attaining of:

Individual-First of all for BJ is to be an academic all American, he currently carries a 3.5gpa (Marketing) with the expectations of turning those high B's into A's also. Now to hoops, attaining those successes mentioned above would lead to BJ being an All-American and the first since the (L-Train) with numbers in the area of 20ppg, 10rpg, 5apg, 3spg and 2bpg. Big five and scholars player of the year ( 1st ever)
No with those goals being set and the work being put in on daily basis and currently to be the best, we here along with BJ believe that these are attainable. His mentality is of a mature young man who understands the nature of the business and continues to move forward and his physical appearance and skill set continues to improve and impress. We are hopeful that things will work out for him individually and as a team just as they did in high school when he put on the leaders boots and led his troops to victory. In planning, there is a method to our madness in these parts. So I'm gonna sit back and Popcorn! LGE-LGO OGBJ OUT!!!

Last edited:
I'm just wondering, but say BJ starts until his 5th year and his stats explode enough to be one off the best(but age) keeps the NBA from wanting him for one more year. Close to what happened Andrew White.

Would you and BJ consider transferring again and playing immediately at P5 school that could use the help?

I'm just wondering, but say BJ starts until his 5th year and his stats explode enough to be one off the best(but age) keeps the NBA from wanting him for one more year. Close to what happened Andrew White.

Would you and BJ consider transferring again and playing immediately at P5 school that could use the help?
BJ is only 20 and doesn't turn 21 until December 21st. If we have the successes of winning in the A-10, representation in A-10 will be good enough to have the lookers on notice. The A-10 seems to get 4-6 teams in the tourney yearly. It sits outside of the p5 at around 6th in the country and could very well be better than 4 or 5. There is no plans to transfer in the 5th year. No need for the leader of the troops to transfer or leave for any other reason but to play in the league. He is in a great situation to play 35-40 mpg to help his team be successful.

Individual-First of all for BJ is to be an academic all American, he currently carries a 3.5gpa (Marketing) with the expectations of turning those high B's into A's also. Now to hoops, attaining those successes mentioned above would lead to BJ being an All-American and the first since the (L-Train) with numbers in the area of 20ppg, 10rpg, 5apg, 3spg and 2bpg. ( 1st ever)

Kudos on the academic performance. Those numbers would be lofty goals to achieve ON the court--best of luck.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this, but I would rather have BJ here than White. He would be the starting 3 on this team, and thrive offensively, and defensively. I think we all know why things happened the way they unfortunately did, and it just wasn't fair. Still, I can't wait to watch him show his skills to everyone paying attention. Hope to see a LaSalle versus Syracuse National Championship game.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this, but I would rather have BJ here than White. He would be the starting 3 on this team, and thrive offensively, and defensively. I think we all know why things happened the way they unfortunately did, and it just wasn't fair. Still, I can't wait to watch him show his skills to everyone paying attention. Hope to see a LaSalle versus Syracuse National Championship game.
I'm sorry. But you guys are nuts

So is this where I'm supposed to chime in about how great of a player BJ is and he would be the best wing man on the team at this point of his development skill wise and physically as a reshirt junior at 6'8 200pds? The fact that if circumstances were different, we wouldn't need a BJ update thread because he would still be there. But I won't state the obvious and debate opinions with you'll on his abilities and what could've been!!! Everything will work out for BJ!! He is progressing well. Stay tuned for more BJ updates and NO I'm not debating on the could've, should've, would've scenario. :rolling:Just as you'll, I'm gonna enjoy the season of watching BJ work and attain his goals. (Team and Individual) so here goes: We in BJ' s camp set the standards as follows:

Team- A-10 regular and conference tourney champs, NCAA tourney and just getting in is the not acceptable. We all know that winning the NCAA chip is the goal for everyone, so that is the goal!!! That would be a very successful season from a team standpoint which takes us in the attaining of:

Individual-First of all for BJ is to be an academic all American, he currently carries a 3.5gpa (Marketing) with the expectations of turning those high B's into A's also. Now to hoops, attaining those successes mentioned above would lead to BJ being an All-American and the first since the (L-Train) with numbers in the area of 20ppg, 10rpg, 5apg, 3spg and 2bpg. Big five and scholars player of the year ( 1st ever)
No with those goals being set and the work being put in on daily basis and currently to be the best, we here along with BJ believe that these are attainable. His mentality is of a mature young man who understands the nature of the business and continues to move forward and his physical appearance and skill set continues to improve and impress. We are hopeful that things will work out for him individually and as a team just as they did in high school when he put on the leaders boots and led his troops to victory. In planning, there is a method to our madness in these parts. So I'm gonna sit back and Popcorn! LGE-LGO OGBJ OUT!!!

I love the academic goals !!!

Hope BJ succeeds in all but the NC because he loses to Cuse in the finals !!!

According to my family and friends/associates, No I'm a little of this :bang: A little more of this :crazy::crazy::crazy:some of this :vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit: a whole lot of this :bat::bat::bat::bat: but most times I lot of this :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: unless I'm forced to be more like this :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. ;)

Bless your heart sir

So is this where I'm supposed to chime in about how great of a player BJ is and he would be the best wing man on the team at this point of his development skill wise and physically as a reshirt junior at 6'8 200pds?

Better than Lydon?