BJ UPDATE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

BJ UPDATE

Sure. Here are Ron's latest stats. He's turned himself into a 41% 3 point shooter so far. Good for him.

Ron Patterson

Weird -I thought this was an SU bball forum, yet here we are getting constant updates on a Lasalle player. I chose to click on it to share my thoughts. You may not like them, and that is fine.
I'm just so sick of the love affair with a former player, who basically did not do a whole lot while here. People love to pucker up to parents of players/former players. It's blatantly obvious, and I for one, find it obnoxious.
Whatever

How about you don't open it up at all. When you see BJ Update, just skip and you won't have to worry about your interest or lack of this topic. These updates are for the people who asked me to keep them updated on his season progress.:crazy:
And because every stand up comic should end with a triple, I'll say to OGBJ20, I was thinking a day or two ago how ironic it would be if LaSalle made the NCAAs and SU didn't.

BJ might be starting at the 3 for the Orange right now. Too bad he couldn't be patient.
Not true. It's the sanctions. Would he have been able to practice with the team?

You don't second guess a kid who left because I'm SURE JB told him with the loss of scholarships it was best for him.

Maybe you would have paid his 50 grand tuition and another 30+ grand room and board instead of OGBJ20?

I probably won't in the future. I do understand that some people are genuinely interested in updates on how he's doing. But, with all due respect...are these people unable to open up a boxscore and look for themselves, or watch on tv, stream the game online etc? It comes off to me that some people just love to associate with a player/former player's parent just to say they know them. (I know not everyone is like that), as it seems some people here have an actual relationship with you beyond a message board.

I honestly appreciate every kid that comes here and I root for them when they wear Orange. After they leave, graduate, move on, I focus my attention on those that are still here. No disrespect to you or BJ. I'm just voicing my honest opinion of how I see it.

So you want people to go out of their way to find a stream of LaSalle games online so that you aren't tempted to click on a thread you don't care about?

I always thought he could have been a good player for us if he'd stuck with SU. I hope he does well.

The funny thing is, Patterson came in with a reputation as a shooter who lacked refinement with the other guard skills, and was a subpar ball handler. The way things turned out, he couldn't throw the ball in the ocean, but showed a lot more versatility than most expected otherwise.

If the guy could have shot even just 33% from three, he could have been a rotation guy here. Oh well--wish him the best.

So you want people to go out of their way to find a stream of LaSalle games online so that you aren't tempted to click on a thread you don't care about?

No, I did not say that. My point is, if people are that interested, they'd take the time to go and look up the boxscore or make a note when LaSalle is playing. If my team is on, or a game I truly want to watch is on, I'll watch. If I can't watch, I'll make sure to check the boxscore the next day. If you really care about something, you'll make a pointed effort to listen/watch/look up what is going on. They have apps where you can get score/game updates on your phone. You can bookmark the LaSalle basketball webpage and check it whenver you want. My overall point is, I don't think everyone who says they're so interested in BJ updates is all that genuine. I'm at least being real. I hope the kid does well. I really do. But to me, it's not as important as if he were still at Syracuse. I am not trying to cause a stir for those who honestly do care.

No, I did not say that. My point is, if people are that interested, they'd take the time to go and look up the boxscore or make a note when LaSalle is playing. If my team is on, or a game I truly want to watch is on, I'll watch. If I can't watch, I'll make sure to check the boxscore the next day. If you really care about something, you'll make a pointed effort to listen/watch/look up what is going on. They have apps where you can get score/game updates on your phone. You can bookmark the LaSalle basketball webpage and check it whenver you want. My overall point is, I don't think everyone who says they're so interested in BJ updates is all that genuine. I'm at least being real. I hope the kid does well. I really do. But to me, it's not as important as if he were still at Syracuse. I am not trying to cause a stir for those who honestly do care.
Your objection is noted.

I'm really starting to doubt our offensive system especially after seeing BJ as successful as he's been.

I know he has had a year and he's put the work in but he's been playing ball his entire life, he just didn't become an offensive powerhouse who doesn't miss in a year.

Happy for BJ, with his numbers, measurable and age, no doubt he's going to get a look from scouts.

I'm really starting to doubt our offensive system especially after seeing BJ as successful as he's been.

I know he has had a year and he's put the work in but he's been playing ball his entire life, he just didn't become an offensive powerhouse who doesn't miss in a year.

Happy for BJ, with his numbers, measurable and age, no doubt he's going to get a look from scouts.

Please. BJ had several good games in Orange - he pretty much won us the ND game with 19 & 6.
Had 11 vs Pitt, 12 vs BC.
He also had several DNP's, and many other games where he played and wasn't as effective.

He's now 2 years older & stronger, and is The Man on his current team, vs. being the 8th guy on a 7.5 player rotation.

Please. BJ had several good games in Orange - he pretty much won us the ND game with 19 & 6.
Had 11 vs Pitt, 12 vs BC.
He also had several DNP's, and many other games where he played and wasn't as effective.

He's now 2 years older & stronger, and is The Man on his current team, vs. being the 8th guy on a 7.5 player rotation.
Love these BJ updates .. great kid and very happy he is doing so well.