Board has been unreadable on iPad and iPhone... | Syracusefan.com

Board has been unreadable on iPad and iPhone...

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
I cannot click on anything without being redirected to the app store.

It only happens when I visit this site.

It's been working very well.
Make sure you select the "Mobile Style" to get the proper mobile-friendly layout.

Note: I don't use Safari. You should check the thread that's linked in the following post.

Last edited:
I cannot click on anything without being redirected to the app store.

It only happens when I visit this site.

i had the same problem this morning.

Pretty sure the problem people are having results from a cookie that a rogue ad on this site is leaving. I use Safari on iOS 7.1 with cookies from third parties and advertisers blocked and I haven't experienced this issue.

*UPDATE*: I can confirm that this is indeed the issue. I experimented by allowing cookies and cleared my cache. Within about five minutes of browsing the site, I was redirected to the App Store to download Game of War.

How to fix (Specifically for iOS 7.1; menu options for other iOS versions should be similar)
  • Go to Settings, scroll down and tap on Safari.
  • Under Privacy & Security, tap Block Cookies and check "From third parties and advertisers"
  • Go back to Safari settings and tap "Clear Cookies and Data." Confirm.
  • Probably unnecessary, but for good measure reboot your iPhone.

The problem should be solved. You will probably have to login to the site again. It's a good idea to change the site to view in Mobile Style like Tom suggests.

Last edited:
Happily enjoying this board via the app on an iPhone 5s and iPad 2 hassle free. Never an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom