Bobby Knight Had His Players By the ... | Syracusefan.com

Bobby Knight Had His Players By the ...

Had a football coach that was that tough in different ways in high school. You'd never find one of his players that didn't love him.
Like many things that are far different today and with the newer (better?) ways not always resulting in the best outcomes.

Had a football coach that was that tough in different ways in high school. You'd never find one of his players that didn't love him.
Like many things that are far different today and with the newer (better?) ways not always resulting in the best outcomes.
The older "ridiculous" way also doesn't always result in the best outcomes.

Knight clutched his players' nuts out of love. Just trying to squeeze the most out of them.

The older "ridiculous" way also doesn't always result in the best outcomes.
Wouldn't call what he did ridiculous. More just in your face, kick your butt and work you to death.

Can you imagine how much nut pinching was going on after we crushed them in MSG back in 1988. Also, do you think he washed his hands before grabbing the next guys balls?

Ex-player’s horrifying Bob Knight allegations: Squeezed our testicles | New York Post

It seems the only appropriate punishment would be forfeiting the '87 championship.
In the article he says he was proud to play for him and think of him like a father. You know what you are getting when you sign up to play for him. He also never allowed a kid to miss class and you can say what you want about him but he did a lot of good things for kids off the court that isn't talked about. I think many parents would like to know their kids are going to class and being held accountable even if some of his methods are bad.

Syracuse fans pre-2010: Bobby Knight is the devil.
Syracuse fans post-2010: He said we were the best team in the country, so what the heck, he's just a pleasant old man.

(The guy is a terrible person and has been that way his entire career)

so we are talking about how he acted back in a day when it was socially excepted and expected in some cases to be more physical. its like comparing how football was played when Butkis ruled and deacon jones did the head slap.

when my dad taught 40 years ago it was not uncommon to knock kids around when they got in a fight now you wave your finger and tell them to stop.

whats funny is that many of us grew up in those times where things were more physical and yet we had way more respect for the right and wrong that was trying to be taught than kids these days do.

so we are talking about how he acted back in a day when it was socially excepted and expected in some cases to be more physical. its like comparing how football was played when Butkis ruled and deacon jones did the head slap.

when my dad taught 40 years ago it was not uncommon to knock kids around when they got in a fight now you wave your finger and tell them to stop.

whats funny is that many of us grew up in those times where things were more physical and yet we had way more respect for the right and wrong that was trying to be taught than kids these days do.

Did your dad grab people by the testicles 40 years ago?

no idea.. but i i know teachers that cold cocked kids and i heard stories about what coaches did back in his day that were much the same and all everyone said was how much they liked their coaches.

Bobby Knight is, was and has always been a douche kabob.

(I'll admit listening to him is always interesting - one never knows what coming next with him. Whether is sports or politics - the guy is a nut.)

no idea.. but i i know teachers that cold cocked kids and i heard stories about what coaches did back in his day that were much the same and all everyone said was how much they liked their coaches.

A teacher that has to cold c-ck a kid in their classroom to maintain discipline is a terrible teacher, whether it's 1976 or 2016.

Syracuse fans pre-2010: Bobby Knight is the devil.
Syracuse fans post-2010: He said we were the best team in the country, so what the heck, he's just a pleasant old man.

(The guy is a terrible person and has been that way his entire career)
Eric, touche! (pun intended?) I really enjoyed his basketball commentary while he did it, because he explained things in a way that helped me feel smarter. I was sad when he stopped his television work, and then I read that he has dementia, which is also sad. At any rate, I never forgot that he had been an abusive coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom