Boeheim Beyond Basketball - Atlanta Alumni Event | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim Beyond Basketball - Atlanta Alumni Event

Great recap, thanks! That said, sounds like a lot of...

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

While the complaints that Jim made do seem very true, you can bitch and complain and get left behind or you can adapt. I think Red is more in the adapting mindset - I sure hope that's true.
You hit the nail on the head. I was going to say he was cranky, but ... reading between the lines, you nailed it.

You hit the nail on the head. I was going to say he was cranky, but ... reading between the lines, you nailed it.
That's funny because I was going to say that he sounded cranky too but decided to use the Simpsons meme instead to soften it. Oh, Jim. I still love the guy but man, he is what he is.

That’s the least that Boeheim can do for Roberson.
Seemed like he had a permanent place in JB's doghouse. In a presser after a game when Robie had low production, JB said, "If I had anybody else, I'd play him (over Robie)." That being said, Robie had the greatest SYR rebounding game I ever saw in an upset over Duke in Cameron. He grabbed 20 boards that night and was Rodman-esque. He owned the glass. Hop always said a "plugged in" Robie was one of the best rebounders in the country. I believed it after that game.

I think it’s great that people gave him his space and didn’t bug him….

That said, he was wearing a blue Syracuse wind jacket and pants. He was sitting on the aisle in the second row of First Class. He was reading a book on his tablet, I think it was The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store, by James McBride, and it looked like he was on page 137. He was drinking Coke, and took extra helpings of the almonds. He passed on the blanket, but used the complimentary pillow. Made no trips to the restroom. And appeared to doze slightly somewhere between Virginia and PA. (This last paragraph is sarcasm font, of course.)
I sure hope JB was wearing pants.

he was super chill - he is looking for a job as an AC. Boeheim gave him a glowing reference.
Does GMac need another assistant? He could add Robie and Paul Harris, what a staff that would be!

Dave was a good sportscaster when he was at channel 3 in Syracuse. He did Yankees games for a while too.
He called SYR games on "SUper Sports." He did football with Dale Drypoulcher. Their games were my first introduction to SYR football as a kid in the early 80s. The PBS TV station in Albany would rebroadcast the previous day's games on Sunday mornings at 11am ( yes they really did this!). I couldn't believe they played big time college football just 3 hours away from where I lived in the Hudson Valley. My favorite players were Ike Bogosian, Fast Eddie Koban, Ron Hobby, Tony Romano, Steve Peach, Gerry Feehery and Jaime Covington. Dave and Dale really started my love affair with SYR sports when I was a kid.

Last edited:
Seemed like he had a permanent place in JB's doghouse. In a presser after a game when Robie had low production, JB said, "If I had anybody else, I'd play him (over Robie)." That being said, Robie had the greatest SYR rebounding game I ever saw in an upset over Duke in Cameron. He grabbed 20 boards that night and was Rodman-esque. He owned the glass. Hop always said a "plugged in" Robie was one of the best rebounders in the country. I believed it after that game.
Unfortunately there were too many games when Roberson only had 1 more rebound than a dead man.

Does GMac need another assistant? He could add Robie and Paul Harris, what a staff that would be!
they'd probably be favored by 8.5 over the current squad. If they were on the floor.
[joking, fellas. I'm joking]

as an aside, Roberson grew his hair out and had a similar (if not shorter) ponytail (?) to Maliq.
He looked different - not older, but just really different.
He kept to himself; not sure if anyone even walked up to him.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom