Boeheim gets Fair back... | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim gets Fair back...

supp

Hall of Fame
Hats off to the kid, he came back for his senior year, lots of preseason accolades but unfortunately did little to improve his draft stock. He may have even hurt himself. Makes me wonder if that didn't figure into the decisions of Ennis and Grant a little. Sure, everyone is judged on their own merits and Fair was without a position in the NBA and could do little to change scouts' minds. But the PR blast last year was "NBA hopeful skips draft to return to school." It could be that the two early entrants are partly reacting to his perceived failure.

Any kid who comes to Syracuse and stays all 4 years gets a thanks and a tip of the hat from me. CJ showed improvement all 4 years aside from the diminishing shooting percentages as he was asked to carry more and more of the scoring onus along with increasing defensive targeting by our opponents.

The value of 4 year players like CJ, Triche, Jardine, Baye, Arinze, Rick Jackson, and Kris Joseph in providing consistency to the program cannot be overstated.

the 1-2 year players give us a shot at a title, the 4 year players help mold the 1-2 year players. a big thanks to duany, gerry, k--j, scoop, rick, cj, baye, triche, etc

and uconn

Any kid who comes to Syracuse and stays all 4 years gets a thanks and a tip of the hat from me. CJ showed improvement all 4 years aside from the diminishing shooting percentages as he was asked to carry more and more of the scoring onus along with increasing defensive targeting by our opponents.

The value of 4 year players like CJ, Triche, Jardine, Baye, Arinze, Rick Jackson, and Kris Joseph in providing consistency to the program cannot be overstated.
They are so important and unfortunately we don't get enough kids to stay for 4 years. I know that comes with the territory of recruiting top guys, but still.

CJ will make a nice living in Europa if the NBA thing doesn't work out.

C.J didn't make a bad decision. He isn't an NBA athlete. He could be a rotation player if he gets in the right system. However, he his jump shot is decent, but not elite and he doesn't have anything he does really well. I think he will get drafted in the 2nd round, but he would have been taken in the 2nd round last year as well. He got his degree and will always be remembered at Syracuse and may be an assistant in the future or part of the SU basketball family.

Did I misinterpret the thread title..."get Fair back" how? Just askin'...

Fair came back because he wasn't going to be drafted, or didn't like where he was projected (late 2nd, I'd guess). He's not an NBA player, so him coming back wasn't thaaaaat surprising.

C.J didn't make a bad decision. He isn't an NBA athlete. He could be a rotation player if he gets in the right system. However, he his jump shot is decent, but not elite and he doesn't have anything he does really well. I think he will get drafted in the 2nd round, but he would have been taken in the 2nd round last year as well. He got his degree and will always be remembered at Syracuse and may be an assistant in the future or part of the SU basketball family.

We all know Fair made the right decision. What I'm saying is that I'm not sure that Ennis and Grant necessarily see Fair's decision that way and that it may have played a role in their own decisions to leave now. In other words, a "bad" decision by Fair last year to jump might have kept Ennis and Grant here for another season. Maybe Fair doesn't get drafted last year at all and that has an effect on these two guys, thinking that they need to build better credentials? Maybe they conclude that you can't take the word of advisers and agents who are trying to sign you as gospel when it comes to draft status? Maybe a rockier start to this season because of no Fair depresses Grant and Ennis' draft status?

Last edited:
You know, CJ was an All-American this year. I can't help but think he's satisfied with that and doesn't regret it at all. He was never going to be a top 20 pick, so he had nothing at all to lose by coming back. He had everything to gain.

He's an all American.

Beloved by a county of several hundred thousand, and a fan base of millions.

He'll likely see time and money in the NBA, albeit not that much time.

The kids gonna get his shot at the dream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom