Boeheim | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim

I disagree with this sentiment. I think coach Hop will pull an Ollie and be just as successful right off the bat. Hop has been running the practices for years now. He's a terrific coach. I would be surprised is the Orange formula for success is tampered with at all. I think the ship keeps sailing on the same tact.
To think Kevin Ollie did it at a mid-major too. You can say what you want but that is pretty impressive.

I'd be shocked if Boeheim quite after this season. Mostly because of recruiting. Technically it wouldn't have been Hopkins lieing to the kids and their family but it might cause us to lose one of em to transfer.

Big difference going from thinking your going to play for a HoF in his 4th decade to play for a rookie head coach.
I agree. There is no way he is leaving early in my opinion.

I'd be shocked if Boeheim quite after this season. Mostly because of recruiting. Technically it wouldn't have been Hopkins lieing to the kids and their family but it might cause us to lose one of em to transfer.

Big difference going from thinking your going to play for a HoF in his 4th decade to play for a rookie head coach.

Every recruit that we're talking to for 2017 knows what the deal is. They probably know more than the rest of us.

I disagree with this sentiment. I think coach Hop will pull an Ollie and be just as successful right off the bat. Hop has been running the practices for years now. He's a terrific coach. I would be surprised is the Orange formula for success is tampered with at all. I think the ship keeps sailing on the same tact.
Except he hasn't been as successful. Their program simply isn't in the same place it one was, when it was competing for multiple to ten recruits each year and was often ranked in the top 5 preseason polls. Ollie's had great postseason success, but the program as a whole has declined.

Every recruit that we're talking to for 2017 knows what the deal is. They probably know more than the rest of us.
Well if that is the case Malachi is on record as saying Boeheim is staying past the date.

I'm not arguing just trying to understand. Are you saying the Chancellor made the decision Boeheim was leaving after next season and if he wanted to stay past that it wouldn't be allowed?

I won't speak for the Chancellor, but the timeline was his. Whether he'd change that is up to him. I have my opinion on the likelihood of that happening. Others may have a different perspective.

To think Kevin Ollie did it at a mid-major too. You can say what you want but that is pretty impressive.
I think the jury is still out on Ollie. He won a title and that is a great achievement that cannot be taken away from him . . . but that team was dominated by guys who were recruited by Calhoun to play in the Big East. Other than that, his record has been solid but not spectacular. He gets a big grace period because of 2014 and Husky fans should be hopeful, but as a non-fan I will am skeptical that he can keep UConn UConn unless they get a P5 landing spot.

I think the jury is still out on Ollie. He won a title and that is a great achievement that cannot be taken away from him . . . but that team was dominated by guys who were recruited by Calhoun to play in the Big East. Other than that, his record has been solid but not spectacular. He gets a big grace period because of 2014 and Husky fans should be hopeful, but as a non-fan I will am skeptical that he can keep UConn UConn unless they get a P5 landing spot.
I don't disagree. The whole point of my post was to call UConn a mid-major. The rest was just filler.

My money is on another four years of JB. The man is in better shape than me, and I'm 28. It's anyone's guess, but maybe he does give the reigns to Hop in 18-19. It could be a factor in why we can't get early commits for next year. With all the playing time in the land. Just an uninformed speculation.

Regardless, this year is his best shot to cement his legacy. Most of us know that he's one of the greatest. He needs another Championship to get the naysayers off his back. He's a competitor.

When he thinks he can't win, then he will step down. I don't think the announcement is set in stone. Though, I feel that he respects Hop so much that it may be so. Who knows. Personally, I'd love to see him another 5 years, or more. Or whatever the man wants to do. He has a family, and a life outside of basketball. Whenever he does hang it up, will be a sad day. But, it's gotta happen some time, and he will always be a legend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom