Boeheim's Army: " Lydon is a Jewel" | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army: " Lydon is a Jewel"

Yes, seems like there's a special level of excitement over him ... 6'9, athletic, with range on his jumper. I have visions of him as a 4 on D and a 3 on O, perfectly meshing with Roberson.

Sounds like July 2001 reports of Mark Konecny, minus the affinity for hard drugs.
If Lydon has a quick learning curve, his presence on the court could solve a bunch of problems:

1. His length and elevation will upgrade our front line -- he'll make us bigger, more athletic and more productive offensively;
2. Having him play the 3 on offense would stretch the D (by pulling his man, probably a 4, out of the paint); and
3. If he's guarded by a smaller player, he'll be able to shoot over him or drive on him.

That's not what I took away from recent articles. "it's a process"... doesn't scream improvement. That's what you say when you can't think of anything positive.

Apparently, you haven't read today's chat.

I'll be quite surprised if KJ doesn't start. And if he doesn't show the requisite improvement, time to move on.

Apparently, you haven't read today's chat.

I'll be quite surprised if KJ doesn't start. And if he doesn't show the requisite improvement, time to move on.
I did read the chat. At best there's speculation that he might be improved. Nothing about "turning heads" like Lydon.

Correction: yes, it's possible he starts on day 1... I'm talking about the most effective starting 5.

Too early to speculate on the 8.

Lydon still needs to get stronger. It's a huge factor..

Don't sleep on Howard...if KJ isn't ready yet, he will steals minutes.

Who knows, but it still think the starting five will be;

KJ
Cooney
G
TR
DC

You've got to love Terrence Roberts. He comes off like our very own version of Uncle Rico with how he compares himself to Tyler Lydon, particularly when it comes to shooting.

T-Rob, we love you, but I think my 4 year old son is already a better shooter than you ever proved to be in game situations.

Lydon has the kind of game today's NBA will love. He does need to add strength.

I'll go with
KJ, TC, MG, TR, DC

I do think we see this lineup at times though:
TC,MR, MG, TL and either Diagne or DC2 in the middle.

Too early to speculate on the 8.

Lydon still needs to get stronger. It's a huge factor..

Don't sleep on Howard...if KJ isn't ready yet, he will steals minutes.

Who knows, but it still think the starting five will be;

KJ
Cooney
G
TR
DC

BIG fan of Howard's game. Strongly believe that he's going to be a very good one here [just don't expect him to get his chance this year, although he's more than capable if KJ falters].

You've got to love Terrence Roberts. He comes off like our very own version of Uncle Rico with how he compares himself to Tyler Lydon, particularly when it comes to shooting.

T-Rob, we love you, but I think my 4 year old son is already a better shooter than you ever proved to be in game situations.
'cept for that buzzer beater vs Butgers!

Still think people are writing off KJ unfairly based on a sub-optimal situation.
I agree. The tools are there, it's just some pretty basic stuff he needs to clean up. 6-3, terrific athlete, solid handle (he just doesn't protect the ball well enough), and better than average midrange game. Just needs to keep his hands up on defense and, as mentioned, protect the ball better. And get some more freaking confidence. He played skittish.

I was most pleased to hear that he jumps like TR did when he was a freshman.

I was most pleased to hear that he jumps like TR did when he was a freshman.

Roberts's hustle/athleticism (before the injuries) + refined offensive basketball skill = All-America.

My hunch is that Lydon won't compete physically (or defensively) this season, but it sounds like he's got the tools to become a star here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom