Bold Move | Syracusefan.com

Bold Move

iommi

Living Legend
Throughout all these years on the board, I've always had an avatar pic of either Tony Iommi or his band, Black Sabbath. Well, last night on twitter I found an awesome picture of our very own commit, "Kid Mamba," Tyus Battle, soaring for a dunk in a recent St. Joseph's (Metuchen, NJ) game. I always thought I'd go with some sort of Iommi/Sabbath pic but this picture of Tyus was too good to not use.

Take a look. What do you guys think? I'd post a bigger version here but it is copyrighted. I reached out to the photographer on Twitter, who had no problem with me using it as my avatar.

I want to reiterate how pumped I am for Battle in Orange. For you folks that don't frequent the recruiting board, Battle's been tearing it up lately, not just with scoring. He's been doing everything well, filling the stat sheets in all areas, including blocked shots. He will be an absolute terror at the top of our zone, and even at a legit 6'6", he has the lateral quickness. All reports are that he's really upgraded his jumper, which was an area where improvement was needed.

I'm trying to find a game to go to and issue a detailed game report like I've done a few times in the past. He doesn't play in my area though, so it will be tough. I'll make it happen to give everyone a first-hand look at our future star.

Last edited:
reminds me of Wes Johnson in that pic, both legs tilted back like hes floating on air :)

some other board that I post on recently had an Ad for a rock star fantasy camp with Tony Iommi and I though of you

true story

Last edited:
I'm more excited about this kid's arrival than any recruit since Melo

I also met and interviewed Matt Moyer and that kid is very special too, so I'm really all in on both of them. Both of them are very good kids too from tremendous families. That counts for a lot in my book. They will both be hugely impactful on the court, as well as great ambassadors for the school and program.

People whose opinion I trust use the word "transcendent."

Yep. He's top 5 in the country kind of good. I could see him putting a team on his back and taking them to the promised land.

I am The Mush.

Tyus had a tough game today in a St. Joe's loss. He started out 2-12 from the floor according to Francis03's Twitter updates, before heating up down the stretch. He finished with 19 points and 5 rebounds but it wasn't his best showing,

Last edited:
Throughout all these years on the board, I've always had an avatar pic of either Tony Iommi or his band, Black Sabbath. Well, last night on twitter I found an awesome picture of our very own commit, "Kid Mamba," Tyus Battle, soaring for a dunk in a recent St. Joseph's (Metuchen, NJ) game. I always thought I'd go with some sort of Iommi/Sabbath pic but this picture of Tyus was too good to not use.

Take a look. What do you guys think? I'd post a bigger version here but it is copyrighted. I reached out to the photographer on Twitter, who had no problem with me using it as my avatar.

I want to reiterate how pumped I am for Battle in Orange. For you folks that don't frequent the recruiting board, Battle's been tearing it up lately, not just with scoring. He's been doing everything well, filling the stat sheets in all areas, including blocked shots. He will be an absolute terror at the top of our zone, and even at a legit 6'6", he has the lateral quickness. All reports are that he's really upgraded his jumper, which was an area where improvement was needed.

I'm trying to find a game to go to and issue a detailed game report like I've done a few times in the past. He doesn't play in my area though, so it will be tough. I'll make it happen to give everyone a first-hand look at our future star.
Iommi, that WAS a bold move on your part. You thought about it carefully, even getting permission from the photographer, and you have set your expectation that he is a great player and he will continue to be great for us. So now I am expecting that as well; it is in my consciousness in a more solid way. Thank you!

Tyus is playing in Montclair on 2/14. I will probably go check it out. Shoot me an email if you want to meet up- carltrop44@gmail.com.
Question- is it correct that we never offered Jamal Murray a scholie because we really wanted Tyus?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom