Class of 2016 - Bolden | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Bolden

Yes. Very.
I might be too optimistic but I think defensively our frontcourt can hold their own against just about anybody, we have height, beef, depth, and experience, and offensively most of our points will come from the wing and backcourts anyway so it's not that big of a deal if they inside scoring is somewhat lacking. Idk glass half full I guess.

1) Jackson
2) Allen
3) Tatum
4) Giles
5) Bolden

Bench of Jefferson, Kennard, Jeter?

That's a possible starting lineup of top 15 players. Unreal

1) Jackson
2) Allen
3) Tatum
4) Giles
5) Bolden

Bench of Jefferson, Kennard, Jeter?

That's a possible starting lineup of top 15 players. Unreal
That is a crapload of talent, but it is young talent. I think they are going to be outstanding, but sometimes it is hard for 5 alpha males to share the court.

That is a crapload of talent, but it is young talent. I think they are going to be outstanding, but sometimes it is hard for 5 alpha males to share the court.
I don't know, this isn't LSU or UCLA. It's Coach K. If any coach can get those guys to play unselfishly for 4 months, or 1 month really, it's him. Not all of these players are "gunners", but all of those players can be efficient, which is all Duke needs to do. Take advantage of the incredible mismatches they'll inevitably have, and play smart. Coach K has an embarrassment of riches, more than enough talent to win another title easily.

Flacusian said:
Essentially, it's pretty easy to understand. They have a legendary coach, a storied program steeped in tradition, a world renowned home court, albeit small but packed with uber zealous fans cheering in unison and all that with the backdrop of a University considered "The Ivy of the South". Oh yeah... did I mention several decades of littering the NBA landscape with former players. They have all the components which makes kids want to play there. If you've ever been to the campus and stepped inside Cameron... it gives you goosebumps even if you are a hater! But all those things aside... I bleed Orange and it tickles the daylight out of me when we beat them!

We have a legendary coach, a storied program steeped in tradition, a world renowned home court that occasionally seats record-breaking crowds, and a university with a strong academic standing (few basketball players care about that)...and yet...

Am I crazy to think that our frontline can still compete with theirs even without Thompson, with Thompson it's at least a wash.

Thompson isn't going to see the floor next season.

pearl31 said:
and perhaps TT and mom have realized that :noidea:

Then he could have chosen Seton Hall weeks ago before they muddled the situation by signing a 13th commit.

The Hall had 4 6-9 PF then...and they have 4 6-9 PF now.

If we're only going to sign recruits who will see the floor, we're likely never going to have more than 8-9 players.

pfister1 said:
Thompson isn't going to see the floor next season.

So Roberson and Lydon are both playing 40 minutes a game?

Maybe TT outplays Moyer.

Maybe there's an injury.

TT wouldn't be the 10th or 11th guy.

There's no mystery man coming,

So Roberson and Lydon are both playing 40 minutes a game?

Maybe TT outplays Moyer.

Maybe there's an injury.

TT wouldn't be the 10th or 11th guy.

There's no mystery man coming,

Maybe, but I was responding to the post that landing TT would make our front court a wash with Duke's. One of the forwards will be the 9th scholarship player and JB doesn't typically use 9 guys in meaningful minutes. That said my personal opinion is that if TT signs he is being signed as an extra body for 2017 and for what he can bring sophomore year and beyond. Moyer was a higher priority for a reason.

We have a legendary coach, a storied program steeped in tradition, a world renowned home court that occasionally seats record-breaking crowds, and a university with a strong academic standing (few basketball players care about that)...and yet...
It's exactly the way Boeheim wants it.

I'd like to learn more about the seedy underside of college basketball recruiting ... but at the same I don't. I have zero doubt in mind that basketball players are compensated under the table and after their careers are over through multiple avenues.

Fly Rodder said:
It's exactly the way Boeheim wants it. I'd like to learn more about the seedy underside of college basketball recruiting ... but at the same I don't. I have zero doubt in mind that basketball players are compensated under the table and after their careers are over through multiple avenues.

I'm not sure it's the way JB wants it. If he had his druthers, Malachi would be back and Yurtseven would be wearing Orange.

JB would have liked one more national title.

I'm not sure it's the way JB wants it. If he had his druthers, Malachi would be back and Yurtseven would be wearing Orange.

Agreed. We were loading up for bear for next season. Unfortunately, neither of those things went our way.

With both of those players, we'd be loaded. Even with just Malachi, we'd be loaded. We can still be pretty good, maybe even better than that, with what we have--but that squad would have been a top 10 or top 5 team from wire-to-wire.

That would certainly be a NC contending squad. We are going to be good but we lack overall depth and those two would have given legit known inside and outside scoring to go with all the other pieces. I can't fault the staff for not landing a guy we never really recruited and I'll wish Malachi the best but it would be nice to get to 10 ships as long as the two added were legit players.

Wrong

Yeah, ok. Have 1 guy in our front court that has averaged 10 pts in a season and can shoot outside of putbacks but I'm sure that ours will be better right. Might be better defensively just based on experience, but offensively ours is barely playing the same sport as to what Giles/Tatum/Bolden are capable of.

I do have one question, why cant we get a look from these kids. We just had great post season

I do have one question, why cant we get a look from these kids. We just had great post season
We just finished tenth in the conference. Didn't win a single acc tournament game. Coach was banned from coaching or even talking to players. Scholarship reduction. No post season only a year ago. Coach not going to be there for a recruit's 4 years. Next coach didn't impress anyone... We play a non-pro defense. What WILL WE be playing in two years? Controversy about whether we should have even been in the NCAAT. Those are all factors that might me more significant to a high school kid than our "great [1 win] post season."

The NCAAs were a great ride for us, but the orange-tinted perspective has a lot of us believing we were a better team than we were last year. If you ask me, I'll still choose us over NCSt and ASU, but what the hell do I know about how kids think these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom