Bon Voyage TGD... | Syracusefan.com

Bon Voyage TGD...

Just a matter of time before he puts them on probation...

He's not going to be able to fit that entire name on a Hermes bag.

Well that's a huge step down to a D2 school. At least the weather is nice. Wish him the best.

Millhouse said:
I love that this is the post in this thread that is considered tasteless ha

Reverse cowgirl is the new missionary.

Gerg has had two good jobs since leaving here. Gross and Cantor have taken huge steps back. Marrone's job is comparable to big time college DCs. Who knows what Shafer will do.

It's very strange to see that Gerg didn't fall as hard as Gross and Cantor

Ok, I will be the outlier here. Dr. Gross accomplished many good things for our athletic department and the university. I wish him success in his new position.
i wish him luck too but if i thought he (and cantor) did a good job here, i would be very puzzled over why other similar universities with openings didn't seem to agree. maybe these jobs are few and far between, who knows

sfb_080902_fo_darylgross.jpg

Ok, I will be the outlier here. Dr. Gross accomplished many good things for our athletic department and the university. I wish him success in his new position.

Totally agree.

Gross had major headwinds in so many ways - facilities, cultural way of doing business, etc - and he was an over index to deal with the realistic athletic hangover derived from the longtime Buzz Shaw (w/Jake) period.

He made miscalculations, mistakes and not sure he had the organizational skills to put in fundamental change. He was a gunslinger. Lots of good things happen...but some bad over the course of 11 years.

He helped Syracuse make huge strides in non revenue sports.

But he had ONE job.

All the best. Thanks for the improvements.

Gross may have succeeded if the football decisions had been better timed. One good hire and two when the timing was not right. I'm still willing to give him a little leeway on that as he was successful with every other team and given the right amount of time, he made a good decision with Marrone. Not sure anyone would have outperformed him on the football side with the terrible timing.

Dr. Gross had many successes on the Hill.

Last year, with multiple National Championships, was truly the culmination of his efforts.

He brought the Department into the 21st Century and acted upon the infrastructure issues that most Syracuse University fans did not appreciate as soon as he got to campus.

I do not blame him for the difficulties the Football Program has had. They were much more structural and he was handed a difficult situation following the Champs Bowl in December 2004.

I understand that he was not a detail guy - not an organization guy. And I recognize that the basketball issue arose under his watch.

But all in all, he had a good run at Syracuse University and I wish him all the best as he moves ahead in his career.