Bones and All | Syracusefan.com

Bones and All

SWC75

Bored Historian
No, I haven't seen this one and don't intend to. I hate horror movies. But the trailer of this on popped up on You-Tube when I was trying to look at something else and I decided to read a bit about it, wondering why anyone would want to see this. Apparently, it's highly regarded and very popular, which shows how out-of-touch I am, (and planning to remain so).

trailer:
IMDB: Bones and All (2022) - IMDb

"A story of first love between Maren, a young woman learning how to survive on the margins of society, and Lee, an intense and disenfranchised drifter, as they meet and join together for a thousand-mile odyssey which takes them through the back roads, hidden passages and trap doors of Ronald Reagan's America. But despite their best efforts, all roads lead back to their terrifying pasts and to a final stand that will determine whether their love can survive their otherness."

"It is very hard to feel sorry for the characters and their situation given most of the time you will feel shocked and a bit or a lot grossed out by some of the gruesome scenes. Once you relax and if you manage ( which is not easy after the first cannibals episode 14 mins in) you can actually start focus more on the physiological side of the movie and less on the cannibal attacks. Overall, if you manage to not care about some really disturbing scenes the movie can be a interesting piece of work exploring this condition."

Wikipedia: Bones and All - Wikipedia

"Guadagnino said that Bones and All is "a very romantic story, about the impossibility of love and yet, the need for it. Even in extreme circumstances." He also said that Chalamet and Russell have "a gleaming power" and are able to "portray universal feelings""

""gorgeously bloody" ... an extravagant and outrageous movie: scary, nasty and startling in its warped romantic idealism" ... "carefully made, and so lovely to look at, even at its grisliest", ... "strangely affecting, even poetic" ... "fundamentally a beautifully realized and devastating, tragic romance which at multiple moments would have Chekhov himself weeping as the trigger is pulled."... "wryly funny, gleefully entertaining and oddly touching" and praised the direction, cinematography, score, and cast performances ... " like two sides of the same coin – both cunningly display the love we find for ourselves when we are allowed to truly love another person, bones and all. "... "There’s real pleasure in Bones and All, an insistent sweetness that somehow both nourishes and cleanses away the horror" ... "an oddly sweet — presumably a little coppery, too, due to all the blood — alchemy of love and murder" ... "lovers skirting human morality and forging their own sense of paradise with each other".

I think the key words in the synopsis are "in Ronald Reagan's America." So you can immediately assume it will be an attack on anything conservative, will look to place blame for whatever bad situation upon that side of the political spectrum. And you can assume that critics and reviewers will absolutely love it as a result. Other than that I have no other explanation for anyone would be interested.

I think the key words in the synopsis are "in Ronald Reagan's America." So you can immediately assume it will be an attack on anything conservative, will look to place blame for whatever bad situation upon that side of the political spectrum. And you can assume that critics and reviewers will absolutely love it as a result. Other than that I have no other explanation for anyone would be interested.
Speaking of triggers pulled…..

Speaking of triggers pulled…..

2fishcaught.gif

I actually scrolled to the top of the page to see if I was on the OT board. Haha
It took such a quick turn! I was just expecting some cursory reviews. :)
As for the movie, I'll probably catch it when it streams. I like Chalamet's choice of roles in different genres.

I don’t watch horror films, either, but I saw this trailer while watching one of our games and it inspired me to mention it in that game thread. I was responding to the title and theme, which I thought was kinda brilliant (for the genre) and some of the tongue-in-cheeky humor. Not my thing, but pretty cool for what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom