The Mayor of Dewitt
Epoch/IL Bracketology: Men's Division I, Fifth Look

40248.jpg

7. Syracuse (10-4)
RPI: 9
Top 5 Wins: None
Top 20 Wins: Albany, Duke, North Carolina, North Carolina
Games Remaining: Colgate

I could see that happening, although if the committee loses its JHU Blue goggles, I could the Girls replacing Hop, especially since they own 2 head-to-head wins over them. Still hate we lost to them. Oh Lord

The bottom half of that bracket is pretty loaded - 3 ACC teams, Yale and Brown, Hop. I see Denver cruising to Memorial Day weekend based on that draw.

Hopkins loses and Duke jumps SU, yeah that makes sense.

Head to head, one goal OT loss at Duke, Duke destroyed neutral site championship game a week ago.

Duke as a 5? What? Who did this projection, Danowski? In what world is Duke ahead of SU
Agreed. I don't see Duke as a 5 and Maryland a 4. If Maryland wins the B10 they'll get the 3 seed over ND, they've been top 5 all year and will be given the benefit of winning their conference

If Albany fell out of the top 8 why would the committee send Albany to Loyola and Hopkins to Syracuse when Hopkins to Loyola and Albany to SU would save miles for each matchup.

I just want a top 8 seed and a potential 2nd round in Providence. I do think Maryland will be above ND unless they lose to Penn State.Top 2 seeds looked locked up
1-2 Denver/Brown
3-4 Maryland/Notre Dame

then 5-8 is wide open Syracuse/Yale/Duke/Albany/Hopkins/Loyola all in contention.

If Albany fell out of the top 8 why would the committee send Albany to Loyola and Hopkins to Syracuse when Hopkins to Loyola and Albany to SU would save miles for each matchup.

I just want a top 8 seed and a potential 2nd round in Providence. I do think Maryland will be above ND unless they lose to Penn State.Top 2 seeds looked locked up
1-2 Denver/Brown
3-4 Maryland/Notre Dame

then 5-8 is wide open Syracuse/Yale/Duke/Albany/Hopkins/Loyola all in contention.
Brown just lost to Harvard, so you can drop them to the 3/4 area. If Yale wins the Ivy then Brown is more likely the 4 and Yale a 3 seed

LM Bracketology: Conference Madness Shakes Up Projection

Providence, R.I.

(1) BIG TEN/Maryland vs. METRO ATLANTIC/Quinnipiac-NORTHEAST/Saint Joseph's
(8) PATRIOT/Loyola vs. Albany

Providence, R.I.

(5) IVY/Yale vs. North Carolina
(4) Brown vs. COLONIAL/Towson

Columbus, Ohio

(3) Notre Dame vs. Marquette
(6) ATLANTIC COAST/Syracuse vs. Harvard

Columbus, Ohio

(7) Duke vs. Johns Hopkins
(2) BIG EAST/Denver vs. SOUTHERN/Air Force-AMERICA EAST/Vermont

Last four included: Albany, North Carolina, Marquette, Harvard
Four just on the outside: Rutgers, Navy, Villanova, Bryant

For the sake of shaking things up, I'm on the Rutgers and Army bandwagon today.

At what point do they look to expand the field? Even if it were just two more play in games.

Moving away from Memorial Day Weekend would make it so much easier.

Quinnipiac wins the MAAC.

Air Force wins the SoCon in OT, saving the bubble teams a spot

At what point do they look to expand the field? Even if it were just two more play in games.

Moving away from Memorial Day Weekend would make it so much easier.
They just went from 16 to 18.

Towson, with a high-scoring 4-2 win over Fairfield, is in.

Hobart (!!!) wins the NEC and a berth.

The field is filling out.

orange79 said:
Towson, with a high-scoring 4-2 win over Fairfield, is in. Hobart (!!!) wins the NEC and a berth. The field is filling out.

Filling out with a number of cupcake teams.

There's not enough good teams to play all of the weaker teams.

Filling out with a number of cupcake teams.

There's not enough good teams to play all of the weaker teams.

It has been a season of unpredictable results. One of the big dogs(not named Syracuse, of course) will be ripe for an upset. Don't be surprised if a cupcake makes it to the second weekend, no matter how badly they should get blown out on paper.

creatorsgame said:
It has been a season of unpredictable results. One of the big dogs(not named Syracuse, of course) will be ripe for an upset. Don't be surprised if a cupcake makes it to the second weekend, no matter how badly they should get blown out on paper.

Wouldn't surprise me.

But still can't believe Brown couldn't make the Ivy finals.

Shows they're quite beatable.

Lightning delay in the Denver-Marquette game.

Up Periscope. ;)

MD 14-8 over the Girls for the B1G AQ.

Hop or the Girls. Should get interesting tomorrow night around 9 or so. I don't think there's room for both, with all the upsets this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom