Bracketology Thread for May 6 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bracketology Thread for May 6

MD 14-8 over the Girls for the B1G AQ.

Hop or the Girls. Should get interesting tomorrow night around 9 or so. I don't think there's room for both, with all the upsets this week.
Maybe neither.

MD 14-8 over the Girls for the B1G AQ.

Hop or the Girls. Should get interesting tomorrow night around 9 or so. I don't think there's room for both, with all the upsets this week.

The Big 10 is not a three bid league and Rutty has two wins vs JHU and 11 overall vs an 8 and 6 record. Easiest thing to do, leave them both out.

The Big 10 is not a three bid league and Rutty has two wins vs JHU and 11 overall vs an 8 and 6 record. Easiest thing to do, leave them both out.
I'd be fine with that. But you know that's not going to happen.

Wouldn't surprise me if Hop gets a home game :rolleyes:

This clown still has Duke, Albamy, and now Marquette ahead of us. Oh Lord

OrangeXtreme said:
729321236178833409 Stevens has us hosting Harvard in Denver's bracket.

That's assuming a Harvard win today, right?

I don't get some of these "analyst" predictions. Cuse isn't traveling and won't be lower than 6. If Harvard wins today, Cuse should be the 4/5. Not sure how you don't give them the benefit of winning the ACC Tourney and being a "hot" team entering the tournament. Hopkins doesn't deserve to be in over Rutgers, two head to head loses proves that. Unfortunately the committee will give Hopkins the benefit of the doubt and snub Rutgers.

Top 4 seeds should be:
Maryland
Denver
ND
Brown (if Harvard wins)

5-8
Cuse
Yale
Loyola
Albany

This clown still has Duke, Albamy, and now Marquette ahead of us. Oh Lord
The ACC champion playing on the road while two ACC losers host games? Yeah, that's likely to happen.

With Harvard losing, I'm guessing Rutgers or Navy gets in -- and we face one of them.

I think Yale just earned themselves a top 3 seed, but I'm not on the committee so they probably won't get it. I could see something like, UMD, Denver, Yale, Brown, ND, Cuse, Albany, Loyola

image.png

4:15 Update:

http://laxmagazine.com/college_men/DI/2015-16/news/050816_bracketology_selection_sunday_madness

Providence, R.I.

(1) BIG TEN/Maryland vs. COLONIAL/Towson-NORTHEAST/Hobart
(8) BIG EAST/Marquette vs. North Carolina

Providence, R.I.

(5) IVY/Yale vs. Johns Hopkins
(4) Brown vs. Albany

Columbus, Ohio

(3) Denver vs. SOUTHERN/Air Force
(6) ATLANTIC COAST/Syracuse vs. Harvard

Columbus, Ohio

(7) Duke vs. PATRIOT/Loyola
(2) Notre Dame vs. METRO ATLANTIC/Quinnipiac-AMERICA EAST/Hartford

Last four included: Johns Hopkins, Albany, North Carolina, Harvard
Four just on the outside: Rutgers, Navy, Villanova, Bryant

Surprised Harvard still in at 8-8? Apparently we never had anything to worry about.

Hop in - SHOCKER! :D

As soon as Air Force won their tourney, they were locked in as Denver's 1st round opponent - saves a flight.

Albany losing in their conference semis dropped them from hosting to one of the last 4 in - wow.

Duke loses 7 games (should have been 8 :mad:) and hosts a 1st round game. Gotta love college Lax.

This bracket makes a lot of sense. I could see the Girls replacing Hop - if the committee had any guts. Although, an 8 spot difference in RPI and 1 more Top 20 win is what they will use to protect Hop. They'd have to hold their collective noses and say 2 (that's TWO) head-to-head wins by the Girls didn't mean as much as those 3 (should have been 2 :mad:) Top 20 wins.

What a disgrace, Rutgers not making this over Hop shows a lot of biase, Towson in a playoff? And Cuse at #8 makes me very disillusioned by this process!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom