Bracketology | Syracusefan.com

Bracketology

Personally I would love to see them be an 8/9 and have a chance at taking out a potential less than formidable 1 seed. Last time we were an 8 or 9 we lost to Gottlieb and the Pokes I think.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cbsend.htm

And for good measure, we are #39 in Sagarin. That equates to a #10 seed, all else being equal. I believe that is up from #41 yesterday.

Interestingly, we are #27 (equates to a #7 seed) in "Recent" games, which he only defines here as "score-based and weights RECENT play more heavily than earlier games. Its effect will become more pronounced the longer a season goes if a given team happens to have an upward or downward trend".

Personally I would love to see them be an 8/9 and have a chance at taking out a potential less than formidable 1 seed. Last time we were an 8 or 9 we lost to Gottlieb and the Pokes I think.
We've been playing well as of late. Coleman showed some life at a critical time (early second half) - we'd all like to see him break out. I think we are capable of a #7 or even #6 seed when the time comes.

We've been playing well as of late. Coleman showed some life at a critical time (early second half) - we'd all like to see him break out. I think we are capable of a #7 or even #6 seed when the time comes.
We would have to win either at UNC or U of L to get that. Tough to see either of those happening but I think Syracuse could give UNC fits at their place.

We would have to win either at UNC or U of L to get that. Tough to see either of those happening but I think Syracuse could give UNC fits at their place.
IMHO, the key is being able to win the home games against Pitt and NCSt. We should beat BC and FSU, but likely lose at UL and at UNC.

4-2 in the remaining games and we are in good shape. 3-3 and we are back on the bubble.

IMHO, the key is being able to win the home games against Pitt and NCSt. We should beat BC and FSU, but likely lose at UL and at UNC.

4-2 in the remaining games and we are in good shape. 3-3 and we are back on the bubble.
Gotta start with winning at BC. This team should do that. It will not be easy the rest of the way. I think if they go 3-3 they're in. Sitting at 10 wins in conference and 20 overall.

I usually prefer ,6,7,10,11 to avoid a 1 seeed but this season playing a 1,2,3 in round or 32 probably doesn't matter as much as the particular match up does.

i think if we get to 11-7 in acc we'll be in the 6/7 range instead of 8/9. i wanna avoid 8/9, i know the 1 seeds arent typical powerhouses this year but you still wanna avoid them till 2nd weekend.

We currently have 6 RPI top 50 wins. If we get to 9-9 we are in no question. 6 RPI top 50 wins is a ton for a bubble team and would trump any other metric against other bubble teams

Not correct. 4-2 could certainly get us there. (with a win or 2 in the ACC)

i think if we get to 11-7 in acc we'll be in the 6/7 range instead of 8/9. i wanna avoid 8/9, i know the 1 seeds arent typical powerhouses this year but you still wanna avoid them till 2nd weekend.
If we're an 8/9 with Nova or Iowa as the 1 seed, are you really scared? With the way we've been playing, I give us a 50/50 shot to take either of them down.

longislandcuse said:
If we're an 8/9 with Nova or Iowa as the 1 seed, are you really scared? With the way we've been playing, I give us a 50/50 shot to take either of them down.

Definitely not those 2 teams but i wouldnt wanna see oklahoma or kansas waiting for us in 2nd round

Committee knows what theyre doing, they like to make sexy matchups early on, if we're an 8/9 and nova a 1 theyre gonna put us with them

Gotta start with winning at BC. This team should do that. It will not be easy the rest of the way. I think if they go 3-3 they're in. Sitting at 10 wins in conference and 20 overall.
Agreed. The optics of 10 wins in conference and 20 wins overall helps a lot, IMHO. That, combined with a solid RPI and late season momentum, and we are looking good.

I realize all this is excluding the ACC tournament, which could mean a lot. As long as we win even one game there we should be OK. Two wins in the ACC and we are a lock (assuming we don't collapse between now and then).

And, yes, we start with winning at BC. One game at a time, one possession at a time, one play at a time.

Yup. The very first game to tip and finish on Thursday afternoon. This was the only good thing to come out of that game.

Briancuse said:
It would be fun to be in the 8/9 game, and then get a shot at a one seed, something different for us.

It happened in 1995. We had the 1 seed beaten if we literally do nothing.

It happened in 1995. We had the 1 seed beaten if we literally do nothing.
We were a 7 seed in 95 against 2 seed Arkansas.
We have only been an 8 seed when we played Oklahoma State in 1999.

If we avoided Oklahoma or Kansas I wouldn't mind playing Nova in the 2nd round as an 8 seed.

I hate the 8/9 game and would much prefer being the 10. If we do end up in that dreaded match-up, I hope we end up being the 9 as if my memory serves me correctly, more times than not, the 9 beats the 8.

BUTLER :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: Never been more upset after a loss. I am still scarred from that

I still lived in Eagle Bay then and could get the Post Standard. I remember I didn't read it for days after that loss. When I finally did there was a line in there about Andy Rautins sobbing into his hands in the locker room. Broke my freakin' heart all over again. I'd love the chance to play them and get our revenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom