Brady beats the NFL | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Brady beats the NFL

I think we all know how this ends. Brady appeals to the Supreme Court. Due to the fact that the GOP won't allow a replacement, it results in a deadlock. Trump wins presidency and nominates a Patriots fan to take the final spot to help his friend, Tom Brady. Brady wins the appeal.

I think we all know how this ends. Brady appeals to the Supreme Court. Due to the fact that the GOP won't allow a replacement, it results in a deadlock. Trump wins presidency and nominates a Patriots fan to take the final spot to help his friend, Tom Brady. Brady wins the appeal.
Well then, Trump will only win Massachusetts (maybe).

Did the Pats stop playing in the AFC East? They'll still win the division and get a top two seed.

we could've saved 6 pages if Alsacs had only said...Kaiser, you are right.

NFL won 2-1 in 2nd circuit Court of Appeals.
Chief Justice of 2nd circuit Court of Appeals was the 1 dissent.

Brady has a decent chance to get an en banc appeal. The fact the Chief Justice wrote the dissent gives him a decent an chance to get an en banc appeal. An en banc appeal is when the entire Court of Appeals hears the oral arguments and rules on the case. There are 12 judges in 2nd Circuit Ct. of Appeals Brady needs to get 6 of them to agree to hear it since the Chief Justice ruled as the dissent.

Second, this case could go the US Supreme Court and here is how. Adrian Peterson has a case in the 8th circuit of Appeals right now. If Peterson wins that case there will be a split between the 2nd circuit and 8th circuit. Over 90% of all US Supreme Court cases come from splits between two different circuits. Thus, that Adrian Peterson case decision is HUGE. If the NFL wins that the Supreme Court likely wouldn't take this case and it would rest on the en banc petition.

Kaiser you now owe me 100 dollars as I spent 10 minutes writing this and that is my hourly rate pro rated.

Brady has a decent chance to get an en banc appeal. The fact the Chief Justice wrote the dissent gives him a decent an chance to get an en banc appeal. An en banc appeal is when the entire Court of Appeals hears the oral arguments and rules on the case. There are 12 judges in 2nd Circuit Ct. of Appeals Brady needs to get 6 of them to agree to hear it since the Chief Justice ruled as the dissent.

Second, this case could go the US Supreme Court and here is how. Adrian Peterson has a case in the 8th circuit of Appeals right now. If Peterson wins that case there will be a split between the 2nd circuit and 8th circuit. Over 90% of all US Supreme Court cases come from splits between two different circuits. Thus, that Adrian Peterson case decision is HUGE. If the NFL wins that the Supreme Court likely wouldn't take this case and it would rest on the en banc petition.

Kaiser you now owe me 100 dollars as I spent 10 minutes writing this and that is my hourly rate pro rated.
if you are charging people $600 an hour, I am going to have you arrested for stealing.

this is NOT going any further.

have a seat......

65068-Tom-Brady-sad-sitting-rQ2S.jpeg

if you are charging people $600 an hour, I am going to have you arrested for stealing.

this is NOT going any further.

have a seat...

65068-Tom-Brady-sad-sitting-rQ2S.jpeg
I work for a good firm in Charlotte( and yes my standard hourly is 600(lawyers are expensive)depending on the subject and my knowledge on it. I do try to do atleast 50 hours pro bono a year.

I am being 100% honest and not a Pats homer this case now rests on the Adrian Peterson case. If the NFL wins that its over if the NFLPA wins the Peterson appeal it is very likely going to the US Supreme Court and a stay would be granted. Also an en banc review has a chance because the Chief Justice wrote the dissent.

Alsacs, I think you're being unrealistic to think "Brady has a decent chance to get an en banc appeal." Researching on-line I see the Second Circuit grants en banc appeals less than 3/10 of 1% of the time. (Lowest percentage of all federal circuit courts.)
Also here is a quote from the NY Times article about the decision:

"The Second Circuit made “the right ruling that conforms to a very well established pattern in the labor law,” said Michael LeRoy, who teaches labor law at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Brady’s chances “of succeeding are close to nil.”"

I think the chances to get to the Supreme Court are even more remote. In light of the Second Circuit decision, the NFL can either withdraw its appeal in the Peterson case (and therefore there is no chance of a split of authority) or use the Second Circuit as authority in support of its appeal to reverse Judge Doty's decision in favor of Peterson.

(And even if there was a split between the 8th and 2nd Circuits, do you really think that anyone on the Supreme Court will grant certiorari?, Besides Clarence Thomas, who wants to hear about Brady's deflated balls? And since Souter retired there is no New Englander on the Court!)

I think the plan is to keep up the appeals until Brady retires. What is the NFL going to do then? Make him spend 4 weeks away from Giselle?

Alsacs, I think you're being unrealistic to think "Brady has a decent chance to get an en banc appeal." Researching on-line I see the Second Circuit grants en banc appeals less than 3/10 of 1% of the time. (Lowest percentage of all federal circuit courts.)

"The Second Circuit made “the right ruling that conforms to a very well established pattern in the labor law,” said Michael LeRoy, who teaches labor law at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Brady’s chances “of succeeding are close to nil.”"

I think the chances to get to the Supreme Court are even more remote. In light of the Second Circuit decision, the NFL can either withdraw its appeal in the Peterson case (and therefore there is no chance of a split of authority) or use the Second Circuit as authority in support of its appeal to reverse Judge Doty's decision in favor of Peterson.

(And even if there was a split between the 8th and 2nd Circuits, do you really think that anyone on the Supreme Court will grant certiorari?, Besides Clarence Thomas, who wants to hear about Brady's deflated balls? And since Souter retired there is no New Englander on the Court!)
Exactly.

This is over.

Brady has been proven a cheat PERIOD STOP

Stats mean nothing Judge Berman is overturned only 7% of the time and he was in this case. The fact that the Chief Justice wrote the dissent helps Brady's appeal team in filing a motion for an en blac appeal. If it was 3-0 that would mean it would be almost impossible to get it but he has a decent chance if you read the Chief Justice's dissent. If 6 other Judges in the 2nd circuit would want to hear it we could a see an en blac review.

I honestly don't know if your a lawyer or not but just because Clarence Thomas would rather rent Pron or sexually abuse his subordinates than hear a case is irrelevant. I have been part of a team that has filed a writ of certiorari to the Supreme Court. You need 4 justices or 3 if one is the Chief Justice to want to hear the case. It doesn't matter what Clarence Thomas personally would care if 4 other justices were interested.

I said correctly 90% of all cases the Supreme Court decides to hear are when there are different rulings in two circuits on similar laws. In this case they clearly would be looking at arbitration law if the 8th circuit in MN ruled in favor of NFLPA and the 2nd circuit in NY ruled in favor of the NFL. This would require the NFLPA winning the Peterson case. The NFL will not withdraw its Peterson appeal as they don't want to give the NFLPA any legal wins. This case now isn't about Brady it's about power of Goodell and smacking down the NFLPA.

Again nowhere did I guarantee anything I have just stated how this isn't over yet. The NFL could win the Peterson case and it's over. I do believe the Chief. justice writing the dissent does give En Blac more of a chance if it wasn't the Chief Justice.

Stats mean nothing Judge Berman is overturned only 7% of the time and he was in this case. The fact that the Chief Justice wrote the dissent helps Brady's appeal team in filing a motion for an en blac appeal. If it was 3-0 that would mean it would be almost impossible to get it but he has a decent chance if you read the Chief Justice's dissent. If 6 other Judges in the 2nd circuit would want to hear it we could a see an en blac review.

I honestly don't know if your a lawyer or not but just because Clarence Thomas would rather rent Pron or s e xually abuse his subordinates than hear a case is irrelevant. I have been part of a team that has filed a writ of certiorari to the Supreme Court. You need 4 justices or 3 if one is the Chief Justice to want to hear the case. It doesn't matter what Clarence Thomas personally would care if 4 other justices were interested.

I said correctly 90% of all cases the Supreme Court decides to hear are when there are different rulings in two circuits on similar laws. In this case they clearly would be looking at arbitration law if the 8th circuit in MN ruled in favor of NFLPA and the 2nd circuit in NY ruled in favor of the NFL. This would require the NFLPA winning the Peterson case. The NFL will not withdraw its Peterson appeal as they don't want to give the NFLPA any legal wins. This case now isn't about Brady it's about power of Goodell and smacking down the NFLPA.

Again nowhere did I guarantee anything I have just stated how this isn't over yet. The NFL could win the Peterson case and it's over. I do believe the Chief. justice writing the dissent does give En Blac more of a chance if it wasn't the Chief Justice.

The Clarence Thomas comment was a joke.

I agree with your belief that a dissent by a Chief Judge increases the odds of the winning a motion for an en blanc hearing, and that a split of authority between circuits makes it more likely that Supreme Court will take a case, but I still disagree with you that Brady has a "decent chance" that it will happen. I think it is unlikely to be reviewed and even more unlikely to be reversed. Courts do not like to overturn arbitrators' decisions when the arbitration provision is contained in a negotiated contract (collective bargaining agreement.)

IMHO Brady and Goodell should reach a settlement for a lesser punishment (2 games?) and end this nonsense. It probably won't happen since Brady is an arrogant a-hole and, as you put it, Goodell wants a smack down of the NFLPA.

As I said from the beginning in many of threads on this site. NFL was always going to win.

Brady never had a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom