Brandon Berry? | Syracusefan.com

Brandon Berry?

Domedog84

Scout Team
forgive me if this has already been mentioned. This forum wasn’t exactly an easy place to follow after that loss. Did Berry play at all Saturday? I started paying attention in the 2nd quarter and could see him on the sideline, but he did not get in. Discipline? I get playing Coleman but Guthrie is way undersized and was getting killed on that read play (not that anybody wasn’t)

forgive me if this has already been mentioned. This forum wasn’t exactly an easy place to follow after that loss. Did Berry play at all Saturday? I started paying attention in the 2nd quarter and could see him on the sideline, but he did not get in. Discipline? I get playing Coleman but Guthrie is way undersized and was getting killed on that read play (not that anybody wasn’t)

Per the PFF Grade Sheet article, Berry had zero snaps. Kingsley only had 1. Coleman only 35 (of 92). Robinson played nearly every down, and Guthrie played 59. Probably explains the RPO mistakes, that's a lot of inexperience against it. Very strange to see Berry with zero. And given Wake's pace of play, only rotating 3 guys isn't good.

Austin Valdez with only 1 snap as well.

Per the PFF Grade Sheet article, Berry had zero snaps. Kingsley only had 1. Coleman only 35 (of 92). Robinson played nearly every down, and Guthrie played 59. Probably explains the RPO mistakes, that's a lot of inexperience against it. Very strange to see Berry with zero. And given Wake's pace of play, only rotating 3 guys isn't good.

Austin Valdez with only 1 snap as well.

I honestly get the feeling that Z and Paris are both dinged up, but keep playing anyway.
They were making all-ACC type plays earlier this year, and now are much less effective.
I know they are both the heart and soul of this D, but perhaps some of the younger (possibly healthier) guys should be getting a little more run?? Especially if neither Z or PB is playing at their prior, very high levels currently.

I honestly get the feeling that Z and Paris are both dinged up, but keep playing anyway.
They were making all-ACC type plays earlier this year, and now are much less effective.
I know they are both the heart and soul of this D, but perhaps some of the younger (possibly healthier) guys should be getting a little more run?? Especially if neither Z or PB is playing at their prior, very high levels currently.

PB missed a couple of key tackles he normally makes in the FSU game and I wondered the same thing......

I agree that some plays have been missed in the last two by linebackers. I guess Babers must feel Paris and Zaire are still the best option even if they are dinged.

PB missed a couple of key tackles he normally makes in the FSU game and I wondered the same thing...
Said it before, 2011 all over again. That team limped to the finish with guys on D playing hurt because there was nothing behind them.

Said it before, 2011 all over again. That team limped to the finish with guys on D playing hurt because there was nothing behind them.

When is this depth going to be there on defense? Injuries happen, players leave, we need quality 2nd stringers...

When is this depth going to be there on defense? Injuries happen, players leave, we need quality 2nd stringers...

It's not that it's suspensions/kicked off team, transfers, medical.

When we get better players with ACC size and durability. Guys who need only one redshirt year before being ready to contribute at a high level. I think next year we will be in better shape but don’t expect full depth until 2019 or 2020. Dino has been great at plugging holes in the 1-line but rebuilding the entire depth is a 4-5 year process for a program in our position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom