BREAKING: AJ Long injured ... Wilson to start vs Duke | Syracusefan.com

BREAKING: AJ Long injured ... Wilson to start vs Duke

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse Football ‏@CuseFootball 3m3 minutes ago
.@Coach_Shafer has announced the QB AJ Long is out for the Duke game with injury. Austin Wilson will start.

.@Coach_Shafer has announced that QB AJ Long is "highly doubtful" for the Duke game due to nerve issue in his arm.

.@Coach_Shafer says Long was stepped on in neck-shoulder area in NC State game, caused nerve issues. Austin Wilson ready for opportunity.

.@Coach_Shafer says Wilson has been ready for the last couple weeks after recovering from his own injury.

.@Coach_Shafer has announced that QB AJ Long is "highly doubtful" for the Duke game due to nerve issue in his arm.

couchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburncouchburn

AtomicBomb.gif

It can happen with anyone, but this was one of my concerns with Wilson.

Small and fragile.

Next man up.

Could he apply for a medical redshirt if its a legit injury? We weren't winning anyway as Duke will putt up 30's in points and I doubt we could match them. If I was Shafer I would get Long's injury diagnosed and apply for a redshirt.

Syracuse Football ‏@CuseFootball 3m3 minutes ago
.@Coach_Shafer has announced the QB AJ Long is out for the Duke game with injury. Austin Wilson will start.

.@Coach_Shafer says Long was stepped on in neck-shoulder area in NC State game, caused nerve issues. Austin Wilson ready for opportunity.

.@Coach_Shafer says Wilson has been ready for the last couple weeks after recovering from his own injury.
Wow...

I think the Rutgers fans found a voodoo doll that really works.

voodoo-dolls-wallpaper.jpg

Could he apply for a medical redshirt if its a legit injury? We weren't winning anyway as Duke will putt up 30's in points and I doubt we could match them. If I was Shafer I would get Long's injury diagnosed and apply for a redshirt.

No - he played past the 1/2 point of the season.

No - he played past the 1/2 point of the season.
I thought it was total games played. That sucks then. Long played in FSU, Clemson, Wake, NCSU which was 4/12 of games 33% I thought it could have been possible. Damn feel bad for the kid.

I thought it was total games played. That sucks then. Long played in FSU, Clemson, Wake, NCSU which was 4/12 of games 33% I thought it could have been possible. Damn feel bad for the kid.

It's 30% of games played (rounded up), but all the games have to be in the first half of the season.

Estime is in the same boat because he played against Clemson.