BREAKING: Jameis Winston suspended for 1st half of Clemson game... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BREAKING: Jameis Winston suspended for 1st half of Clemson game...

So how many times does he have to have a presser to apologize for his actions..

Natalie Pierre@Natalie_Pierre · 17m
Jameis Winston's presser should be starting within the next couple minutes.

Natalie Pierre@Natalie_Pierre · 3m
Winston: "I just want to apologize to the university, my coaches and my teammates." Says he's not a "me person," but he made a "selfish act"

Natalie Pierre@Natalie_Pierre · 4m
Winston on FSU having to play without him in the first half vs. Clemson: "You've got to overcome adversity." Said he'll apologize to team.

Winston: "It eats me alive that I did something like that."

Why not?
I just don't think yelling a famous YouTube line warrants a suspension for a football game. I agree with everyone that he's an idiot though.
Also, he was suspended for the Crab incident, they suspended him during the baseball season.

Credit to FSU for actually doing something.

Jimbo don't play...he has reputation for taking care of business
So how many times does he have to have a presser to apologize for his actions..

Natalie Pierre@Natalie_Pierre · 17m
Jameis Winston's presser should be starting within the next couple minutes.

Winston: "I just want to apologize to the university, my coaches and my teammates." Says he's not a "me person," but he made a "selfish act"

Natalie Pierre@Natalie_Pierre · 4m
Winston on FSU having to play without him in the first half vs. Clemson: "You've got to overcome adversity." Said he'll apologize to team.

Winston: "It eats me alive that I did something like that."

Hmmmm...sounds similiar to what I posted above...SHOCKER!! Sadly have heard it numerous times from him...unfortunately Famous Jameis is becoming famous for the wrong things...

I just don't think yelling a famous YouTube line warrants a suspension for a football game. I agree with everyone that he's an idiot though.
Also, he was suspended for the Crab incident, they suspended him during the baseball season.

Do you know what he said? Am only asking because I don't...but I think his past issues may have played a part in the suspension...

I'd agree if this were an isolated incident--but it's not. I think this suspension is really about the cumulative impact of Winston doing a lot of stupid stuff and getting away with it. So while you are 100% right--what he did this time probably doesn't warrant a suspension, the sum total of his trouble making certainly does warrant it. Not to mention, this penalty is still more of a shot off the bow than a major consequence. It's up to Winston whether or not he gets the message and straightens up.

YES!!! We need to start a fake FSU student twitter campaign stat, ratting Winston out by linking him to all of the offensive stuff blowing up in today's social media, just to increase our odds:

Hugh Jassol‏@NoleHole 2m
"OMG--I just heard Jameis Winston at the student union shouting 'Viva Scott Peterson, Ray Rice, Donald Sterling, and the Washington Redskins team name!' Can you believe this guy? #inspacenobodycanhearyouscream #gonoles?​

Jameis Winston@NotJameisWinston 1m
Don't worry about an Adrian Peterson suspension for me. I don't even acknowledge those kids are mine! #notyourbabydaddy

Do you know what he said? Am only asking because I don't...but I think his past issues may have played a part in the suspension...
Yeah, I'm not sure of the rules regarding video posts (just guys swearing) but it's basically a thing where an older bearded guy interrupts live news reporters and yells this one line. Definitely something that most college kids would find funny.

Yeah, I'm not sure of the rules regarding video posts (just guys swearing) but it's basically a thing where an older bearded guy interrupts live news reporters and yells this one line. Definitely something that most college kids would find funny.

The key word in your post is "most"...all it takes is one person to be offended

The first amendment doesn't have anything to do with anything. The first amendment doesn't mean you can say whatever you want without any consequences. It means the government has a very limited ability to regulate what a person can and cannot say.

Winston wasn't arrested for saying what he said. So his 1st Amendment rights were upheld.

The first amendment doesn't have anything to do with anything. The first amendment doesn't mean you can say whatever you want without any consequences. It means the government has a very limited ability to regulate what a person can and cannot say.

Agreed...I can say or yell anything I want...however if I do it at the wrong time and place, say mid morning at my job, I guarrantee I will not need to worry about what time I am taking lunch...

Winston wasn't arrested for saying what he said. So his 1st Amendment rights were upheld.
Fair. It's just silly to suspend someone for something like this. Say he was an idiot. I'm sure nearly every player has said something dumb and vulgar in public. MCW stole from Lord & Taylor and didn't miss time. That was breaking the law and even more embarrassing.

Fair. It's just silly to suspend someone for something like this. Say he was an idiot. I'm sure nearly every player has said something dumb and vulgar in public. MCW stole from Lord & Taylor and didn't miss time. That was breaking the law and even more embarrassing.

Different circumstances...MCW was not the reigning Heisman Trophy winner and starting QB for the reigning Natinal Champions during a time when domestic violence and crimes against women and children are hotter topics than ever...plus MCW did not have a prior history of having issues, Jameis does...BB gun incident, rape allegation, crab legs thief and now this...

Different circumstances...MCW was not the reigning Heisman Trophy winner and starting QB for the reigning Natinal Champions during a time when domestic violence and crimes against women and children are hotter topics than ever...plus MCW did not have a prior history of having issues, Jameis does...BB gun incident, rape allegation, crab legs thief and now this...
I see your point, but MCW was the starting PG of a final 4 team, too. Suspension for the legal stuff, I get. Suspending someone for being a ham is another.

Making him sit a half after all of his nonsense (don't forget about the BB gun incident either) isn't something to applaud FSU for doing. They are the ones that have looked the other way during his entire tenure, so I'm not going to pat them on the back for this.

He will say something like he messed up, let his team, coaches and fans down and that he needs be more mature and make better decisions...blah...blah...blah...blah...

Exactly and he aid absolutely nothing about his offensive comments he made about women or even apologized to them.

He is the first highly gifted Q.B. who makes everyone around him look more stupid than him just by his actions.

Between this and everything else this just proves that the lure of big money trumps everything else when it comes to making millions over all else. What the are all these fine business schools teaching now a days to their brightest students? That bottom line money trumps all morals?

I was wondering what that collective shout of "S H I T" that sounded like it came from Tally was all about...
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

Syracuse university suspends indefinitely Hanna Strong for using two words in a video and Winston has numerous run ins including being held by gun point by University police which I am sure they tried to cover that up as it happened before the rape he committed and the info was released a few months after the bogus investigation by Meggs.

Jimbo is a fraud.....