Breakout Offensive Player Not Named Ishmael | Syracusefan.com

Breakout Offensive Player Not Named Ishmael

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Who do you think comes out and shocks everyone this season?

I think McFarlane comes out, provides us a big play back, and puts 1150 yds and 8 touchdowns down. I think Strickland and Morris will each provide their own consistent production as well. I'm very encouraged to have a solid running game year in and year out. Gotta believe our backs are looking at all this 44 talk and RW and quietly motivating/improving themselves. They're competitors and fiery individuals, I think they turn some heads this season.

-d59374dfe0739fa8.jpg

McFarlane was one of the few bright spots in 2013 vs FSU. I think the kids got stones and talent.

Hopefully, it's Terrel Hunt.
For me Terrell Hunt broke out against BC and Minnesota in 2013. He had a very poor start to the 2014 season and I think it hampered him all the way up to his injury. He's motivated and an athletic beast. He's got the weapons and support around him now. If he improves his accuracy and pocket presence I think he'll be fine. Well I hope.

I think we have running backs with the ability to have a promising season. We need consistency with our offensive line and QB play. Our offensive line couldn't block Villanova last year with McDonald's offense. New year, new coordinator and some new faces on the line. Let's hope the offensive line opens holes and gives Hunt the time he needs. Go Cuse.

Last edited:
Erv Phillips.

Hunt did break-out in that Texas Bowl (MVP). Needs to have a big year and stay healthy.

I'm going with Run DMC (if he gets the carries). I'll throw out Estime as my 2nd option. If healthy, I think he can be the game-breaker we've lacked.

Our biggest offensive gain this year is the loss of McDonald. For an individual player though I gotta go with the Dunk. That big stretch TE is exactly what this team needs. That vertical seam stretcher will open everything up and prevent teams from stacking the bosses. Plus, he has an awesome last name.

For me Terrell Hunt broke out against BC and Minnesota in 2013. He had a very poor start to the 2014 season and I think it hampered him all the way up to his injury. He's motivated and an athletic beast. He's got the weapons and support around him now. If he improves his accuracy and pocket presence I think he'll be fine. Well I hope.
I don't understand when people say he needs to improve his pocket presence. I feel like he has great pocket presence and has a great knack for knowing when to move around in the pocket or scramble. He is very difficult to bring down in the pocket. I understand he takes off more than some people hope but usually he is very successful when he does. Often more efficient than when he decides to pass. Agree that improvement on accuracy would be beneficial. I have a feeling he will be much more suited to this new offense and I am cautiously optimistic.

Steve Ishmael - He will be our go to WR. AC second.

I expect DMC/GMII to produce, it's their turn.

Way too much positivity in this thread. Waiting for someone to drop our all-world punter's name...

For me - I'm going Broyld. The guy has tons of talent and should be really hungry. System should be a better fit.

Way too much positivity in this thread. Waiting for someone to drop our all-world punter's name...

For me - I'm going Broyld. The guy has tons of talent and should be really hungry. System should be a better fit.

good call. im going w our field goal kicker or the long snapper we gave a scholarship to. suck it bud poliquin.

Who do you think comes out and shocks everyone this season?

I think McFarlane comes out, provides us a big play back, and puts 1150 yds and 8 touchdowns down. I think Strickland and Morris will each provide their own consistent production as well. I'm very encouraged to have a solid running game year in and year out. Gotta believe our backs are looking at all this 44 talk and RW and quietly motivating/improving themselves. They're competitors and fiery individuals, I think they turn some heads this season.

-d59374dfe0739fa8.jpg

McFarlane was one of the few bright spots in 2013 vs FSU. I think the kids got stones and talent.

Great pick of a great kid, but what an ugly uniform he's wearing.

Put me down as as a George Morris fan. I know it's hard to justify after last year but I really liked what he showed two years ago as a redshirt freshman. Some coaches might say he really flashed :)

Put me down as as a George Morris fan. I know it's hard to justify after last year but I really liked what he showed two years ago as a redshirt freshman. Some coaches might say he really flashed :)
George from Georgia has skills. I hope he shows them off this year. Get him in the right mindset and he will play well. Yes he has shown flashes. More to come I hope.

I think Nick Robinson, if he stays healthy, is going to have a great year.

t: 1356217 said:
I think Nick Robinson, if he stays healthy, is going to have a great year.
Local talent. I like it. Kid is upstate tough. We need more of him.

Aaron Roberts.

If Omari Palmer confirms that young Mr. Roberts has a mean streak and is a brawler inside the trenches, that means something to me. Omari is one tough dude. Hoping it's (L to R) Foy (stay healthy and get better at pass protection please), Robinson, Trudo, Roberts, Palmer. Next up McCloster at T, Hayes at G.

Purely based on the sour taste left in my mouth after his recruitment process, I've never had any kind of expectations for Ward. That whole flipping schools 3 different times and having a big press conference streamed over the Internet to decide between, lets face it, not the likes of an Alabama, Auburn, or Florida, raised red flags to me big time. Am certainly not rooting against the kid but don't understand the fascination/high exceptions of him other than his size.