Bris Suspended For 1/2 of BC | Syracusefan.com

Bris Suspended For 1/2 of BC

E

Express44

Not that it matters but it appears we will lose Ish and Bris for the first half of the BC game per NCAA rules for a second half ejection.

Does that only apply if you're elected for targeting, or for all ejections?

Well, on the sunny side, maybe they will let Custis out of his cage and we will get to see him showcase his value (whatever that may be).

Enoicy too? (prolly not).

Not that it matters but it appears we will lose Ish and Bris for the first half of the BC game per NCAA rules for a second half ejection.
How do you not put a question mark at the end of your subject? Although if you know for a fact I apologize. I thought you were positing that you wonder like the rest of us

im not really understanding the intent of the rule at all in a game like fball when you can get a penalty for what either did today and then get tossed for it.

im not really understanding the intent of the rule at all in a game like fball when you can get a penalty for what either did today and then get tossed for it.

2 unsportsmanlike penalties in the same game gets you tossed.

They were both busy today.

i know the rule i just dont understand why the rule exists for those types of plays. in hockey it would be a 2 min penalty 10% of the time. in fball it gets you tossed. reacting to getting held is a strange play to get thrown out of a game. its not violent enough to warrant such a strict result

They're frustrated. If you're not frustrated and upset about losing, then you're playing for the wrong reasons.
By that logic, you must be upset with the rest of the players that didn't get tossed out of the game. I guess they didn't care. You keep your discipline.

In his defense, the NC State guy had a handful of Bris' jersey and was shaking him for about ten seconds. What are you supposed to do when someone won't get their hands off you after a play? Ask him nicely to stop? Signal a nearby referee?

In his defense, the NC State guy had a handful of Bris' jersey and was shaking him for about ten seconds. What are you supposed to do when someone won't get their hands off you after a play? Ask him nicely to stop? Signal a nearby referee?
NC State was doing that bush league BS all game long

I thought this is well. I feel like they pushed us as far as allowed without penalty with the expectation of our reaction. Not saying that should dismiss our responsibility to maintain composure, just seemed pretty crappy.

take a flop and try and get a flag

By that logic, you must be upset with the rest of the players that didn't get tossed out of the game. I guess they didn't care. You keep your discipline.
Yep.

Good crazy coaches are the only ones going crazy, it's their role.

Players: play. Assistant coaches: coach. Head Coach goes nuts defending them all looking/working for an advantage.

I'm probably in the minority but I have no problem with a HC going off on the refs after as many bad calls as were made in that game. Someone has to take a stand against repeated crap calls that can change the outcome of a game.

I also don't see how Ish got that second flag? For getting in the defenders face? Seriously, that happens on every play of every game. I don't care if the refs are trying to keep things from getting out of hand, it has implications on future games and suspensions.

As for Briz, it was the second hand to the face that got him thrown out. I don't have any problem with the ejection or the emotion. I just hope he realizes how it affects his team and teammates.

OrangeAl said:

Yeah, I think it was ridiculous that it wasn't exactly the same treatment for both. Based on that guy not letting go, of course a punch would be thrown. Either throw them both out, or just give them both the 15 (best case). Completely unfair to just kick one out.

As for Ish, I didn't see the one after the TD, but I thought he definitely earned the early one. Basically head butted the guy on the initial block, then kept after him after the play. So if the 2nd one was at least worth a penalty, then the ejection, by rule, was justified.

How do you not put a question mark at the end of your subject? Although if you know for a fact I apologize. I thought you were positing that you wonder like the rest of us
Read the rule and assumed the NCAA would treat a fight and head butt the same.

ACC clarifies status for Syracuse WRs Brisly Estime, Steve Ishmael after ejections

Syracuse wide receiver Brisly Estime will have to sit out the first half of the Orange's season finale against Boston College after being ejected for fighting.

Estime was was flagged for an unsportsmanlike-conduct penalty in the fourth quarter after he shoved a defender in the face during Syracuse's 42-29 loss at North Carolina State on Saturday.

An ACC official confirmed to SU's sports information staff that Estime's ejection was for fighting and he will not be able to play in the first half of next Saturday's game.

Steve Ishmael will be available for the Orange, the ACC said. The sophomore wide receiver was penalized twice for unsportsmanlike conduct, which carries an ejection from the current game. His second penalty came in the fourth quarter after he shoved a defender following a touchdown reception.

This is the rule I was referring to:

PENALTY—15 yards. For dead-ball fouls, 15 yards from the succeeding spot. Automatic first down for Team B fouls if not in conflict with other rules. Disqualification for the remainder of the game and the first half of the next game [S7, S27 or S38, and S47]. For fighting in the last game of a season, those with remaining eligibility shall serve suspensions during the first game of the next season for which they are eligible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom