Brisly Estime | Syracusefan.com

Brisly Estime

TBCuse11

Starter
His time has come. My numerous posts last year about how good he was and how underutilized he was may have caused many to roll their eyes. This year, he will amaze you all. 8+ TDs and 60 catches are within his grasp. Kid can fly. We are talking Chris Johnson speed.

His time has come. My numerous posts last year about how good he was and how underutilized he was may have caused many to roll their eyes. This year, he will amaze you all. 8+ TDs and 60 catches are within his grasp. Kid can fly. We are talking Chris Johnson speed.
i think everyone was excited when he committed and everyone knew he would help us immediately. The set back was his learning curve. It took a while for him to learn the position and offense. Once he had a good grasp of things the coaches expanded his role. This year its gonna expand even more. We are all excited

I expect a much more explosive attack this year with an experienced quarterback and better playmakers.

Our leading receiver didn't score last year and yet we went 7-6. :crazy:

I agree he's poised for a breakout year, but Chris Johnson speed is a little overboard. I believe Chris Johnson ran the fastest 40 ever at the combine. In not, he was close to it.

Chris Johnson is 5-11 and over 200 lbs.

Estime - isn't.

Makes a difference.

I agree he's poised for a breakout year, but Chris Johnson speed is a little overboard. I believe Chris Johnson ran the fastest 40 ever at the combine. In not, he was close to it.

Yep, he was the fastest ever. And Bris matched it in practice.

Not sure the point here... But thanks for the stats.

It means while both are fast, Johnson has the size and strength to take contact if he's not out-running people, as well as block.

Yep, he was the fastest ever. And Bris matched it in practice.

He matched it according to what SU and players said. The same who said that Jerome was fast, which is vastly different from the elctronic times taken at the combine. Not saying Brisly isn't fast but comparing a time taken at practice and one from the combine is a bad comparison.

I get the sneaking suspicion we'll score more points this year... but we will have to. D Line depth scares me

He matched it according to what SU and players said. The same who said that Jerome was fast, which is vastly different from the elctronic times taken at the combine. Not saying Brisly isn't fast but comparing a time taken at practice and one from the combine is a bad comparison.

i guess u guys will just have to watch and see...

It means while both are fast, Johnson has the size and strength to take contact if he's not out-running people, as well as block.

Bris is not a RB, no biggie. He will not be asked to block much when he is in. I see him catching 3-5 screens a game, and he will break at least one for big yardage.

If you're at all fast, get open and get the ball in your hands, it will be a successful play. It doesn't matter if Chris Johnson is faster.

There's another comparison I like better. I started calling Brisley the :"Salt Badger" when i read that Tyrann Mathieu, LSU's "Honey Badger" was 5-9 186 and ran a 4.50 forty at the combine. Brisley is 5-9 172 but may build up to the 180's while he's here and he he's surely faster than that. We are using Brisley on offense rather than defense but he should have quite a carer as a kick returner here and so the comparison might be close enough to earn the nickname I bestowed on him by the time LSU comes to town.

Last edited:
Chris Johnson is 5-11 and over 200 lbs.

Estime - isn't.

Makes a difference.

He needs to be our Tavon Austin. I wouldn't expect him to be at that level (I don't expect him to get thrown in as a running back and promptly rush for 300 yards against Oklahoma). But that type of player who hurts the opponent in a variety of ways. We haven't had a player like that in a long time.

He needs to be our Tavon Austin. I wouldn't expect him to be at that level (I don't expect him to get thrown in as a running back and promptly rush for 300 yards against Oklahoma). But that type of player who hurts the opponent in a variety of ways. We haven't had a player like that in a long time.

Beat me too it by a minute

IF he can play the entire season, which at his size, he still has yet to prove...

I had a heart attack when i clicked on this because I was worried something happened with his grades/injuries but of course it's another TBCuse11 ballwashing post.
Well, at least he's praising one of our players this time rather than running one into to the ground ad nauseum.

Baby steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom