Bruce | Syracusefan.com

Bruce

Just the absolute best. Cannot wait for Baltimore on April 20.

66 years old, 3 plus hours a night.

The show in Rochester last week was the best I've ever been to. Have fun.

ORRange said:
The show in Rochester last week was the best I've ever been to. Have fun.

Wish he had come to the Dome again.

Rochester isn't that far for you to go. Look what I do for FB and BB. :noidea:

It's ok to venture outside the Syracuse city limits once in a while you know. :cool:

Last edited:
OburgOrange said:
Rochester isn't that far for you to go. Look what I do for FB and BB. :noidea:

Small venue and tix sold out in minutes. I tried. Secondary market was ridic so I said the heck with it.

Small venue and tix sold out in minutes. I tried. Secondary market was ridic so I said the heck with it.
Yeah. I wanted to buy 4 tickets but immediately bought a pair in different locations off two computers. I was sweating bullets.

I'm hoping he comes to the new amphitheater on the last leg of the trip. He did that when he played Vernon Downs the last tour.

IMG_4816.JPG

Yeah, I had pretty decent seats in Rochester...:D

SUFaninNJ said:
Yeah, I had pretty decent seats in Rochester...:D

Sweet...if true.

You want other pics, Bees? You've got it. If you'd like, I can take a picture of my wrist bands as well. ;)
IMG_4815.JPG
IMG_4965.JPG

The wrist band on the left put me on the floor. After #285 was called, the wrist band on the right put me in the front row. I figured you're just busting my chops, but I figured I'd back it up just in case you weren't! :p

SUFaninNJ said:
You want other pics, Bees? You've got it. If you'd like, I can take a picture of my wrist bands as well. ;)

Didn't know how to take your big smile.

Did he sweat on you?

I'm just not used to being that close to the stage. Normally I'm stuck out in the outer atmosphere. My seats for Peter Gabriel and Sting are practically in another time zone!

SUFaninNJ said:
I'm just not used to being that close to the stage. Normally I'm stuck out in the outer atmosphere. My seats for Peter Gabriel and Sting are practically in another time zone!

Closest I've ever been at a Bruce concert was about the 20th row at the Dome.

Closest I've ever been is 6th row of MSG at the opening show of the 10 show run in 2000 (Reunion Tour). There was no pit.

I've been in the pit before, but never that close. Not worth the crowding (at least to me). Almost that close for a couple of the Christmas shows in Asbury Park. Hope you had a great time, SUFaninNJ!

Just saw him Thursday. It was a great set. The acoustics left something to be desired (it was just too loud and had a reverb). Was hoping for Jungleland or Racing (we got an unreal Incident last time around) but to no avail. We did get a 34 freaking song set...including Glory Days (by request)...which I never heard live. Thought Thunder Road was fantastic. I think our non-river set was probably as good as it's been. Badlands, no surrender, because the night, candys room (a first for me), Rosie...all in all a great great night.

I came around a little after the River...but lots of stuff to like there. The remixes of Meet me in the city, the ties that bind are great. The river was great. But a new favorite on my list... Independence Day...wow.

I'm so damn jealous. Will be honest though...the floor doesn't look that fun...

Closest I've ever been is 6th row of MSG at the opening show of the 10 show run in 2000 (Reunion Tour). There was no pit.

I've been in the pit before, but never that close. Not worth the crowding (at least to me). Almost that close for a couple of the Christmas shows in Asbury Park. Hope you had a great time, SUFaninNJ!

Don't want to make anyone jealous, it's just not my style (he lied).

But the first time I saw Bruce was (I'm not making this up) in the cafeteria at Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA. My sister went to school there. It was the original E-Street Band, with David Sancious playing piano instead of the Professor. 3-plus hours of amazing. The first two albums had been released, but 'Born to Run' was involved in lawsuits. In fact, he played some songs from 'Born to Run', but some of them had different lyrics than what ended up on the album two years later. Both Thunder Road and She's the One had different lyrics. You can imagine how amazing Jungleland was, since we hadn't heard it before. In my top 5 concerts of all time. My all-time fave concert in Syracuse? The Band at the War Memorial in, I think, 1971.

Don't want to make anyone jealous, it's just not my style (he lied).

But the first time I saw Bruce was (I'm not making this up) in the cafeteria at Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA. My sister went to school there. It was the original E-Street Band, with David Sancious playing piano instead of the Professor. 3-plus hours of amazing. The first two albums had been released, but 'Born to Run' was involved in lawsuits. In fact, he played some songs from 'Born to Run', but some of them had different lyrics than what ended up on the album two years later. Both Thunder Road and She's the One had different lyrics. You can imagine how amazing Jungleland was, since we hadn't heard it before. In my top 5 concerts of all time. My all-time fave concert in Syracuse? The Band at the War Memorial.
There are audio takes on YouTube of a whole bunch of Bruce early songs dubbed with different lyrics and some with different melodies.

I'm so damn jealous. Will be honest though...the floor doesn't look that fun...

It's a touch balance to stay hydrated, yet not have to go to the bathroom. Considering I was standing pretty much all day, and in that spot a good 3 hours before Bruce took the stage, I could've used a seat after awhile.

When I was at SU in the mid 70's (around 74) I had a couple of fellow students from NJ tell me...you've got to see this guy perform. I had never heard of him.

They said he was amazing and eventually he'd be a big star.

Prescient.