Bulls 1, Matadors 2,892,145 | Syracusefan.com

Bulls 1, Matadors 2,892,145

This is like the Washington Generals beating the Globetrotters. Wonder how big an underdog (underbull) the oddsmakers had Lorenzo as. http://deadspin.com/spanish-bullfig...ource=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

The bulls in Spain that are bred for fighting weigh in the range of 1500 lbs. They are as mean as they come and it takes a special kind of balls to get in the ring with one of these guys. Most matadors have been gored multiple times during their careers. I recall once being at a Spanish bar and having the bar tender explain to me what one might call the ritual of the bullfights that were taking place on television as a tribute to a famous matador that had been crippled by a bull. These were the best matadors and best bulls, and I can't say that I wasn't caught up by watching the skill and courage of the matadors as well as the ferocity of the bulls.

By the way if you want to see something tragic, picture a bull come charging out into the arena, lowering his horns, locking them on the ground and flipping on his back resulting in a broken back. His night is over w/o even having the chance to tangle with the matador.