Bullspen's Girls of Syracuse thread | Syracusefan.com

Bullspen's Girls of Syracuse thread

Mehhhh, its ok. The look alike thread is exceptional this week and I plan on getting after that tomorrow to add to that gold mine.

hqdefault.jpg

Girls of south florida

I see 8 of their fans were able to create a thread that chooses to disparage women instead of having fun with the actual Syracuse football players. What's the collective IQ in Florida, 27?
SO let me get this straight, its more offensive to you to have them claim a couple of Inuit women in parkas are from Syracuse than for us to say their guys look like the mask? Loosen up a little, it's all in fun.

SO let me get this straight, its more offensive to you to have them claim a couple of Inuit women in parkas are from Syracuse than for us to say their guys look like the mask? Loosen up a little, it's all in fun.
You're telling one of the few women on the board to lighten up because she takes offense to a thread that is sexually objectifying an entire segment of the student/community population? Okay then.

You're telling one of the few women on the board to lighten up because she takes offense to a thread that is s e xually objectifying an entire segment of the student/community population? Okay then.
I thought the idea is that we should all be treated equally? The thread itself was not objectifying women at all. Also how is it any different than what we do on here making fun of guys? So making fun of a guy on a football team is hilarious and not objectifying an entire segment of a population (football players), but funny pictures of some women is s(e)xually objectifying women and a blanket insult to all of women? This is what is wrong with the world today...

I thought the idea is that we should all be treated equally? The thread itself was not objectifying women at all. Also how is it any different than what we do on here making fun of guys? So making fun of a guy on a football team is hilarious and not objectifying an entire segment of a population (football players), but funny pictures of some women is s(e)xually objectifying women and a blanket insult to all of women? This is what is wrong with the world today...
I would have put money on this response.

We make fun of players on other teams. (Mostly) men making fun of men.

These guys are posting random pictures of women, and not all of them are flattering. This is on purpose. Some are trying to point out the hot girls of Syracuse, while others are looking for non-flattering things. Again, men are doing this relating to pictures of random women. They're putting pictures of random women up for shaming/humor purposes. Why else would the picture of the discus thrower from RFA be up there?

You don't see the problem with that? That is what is wrong with the world today...

well it's more than the first couple of pictures of women in parkas which I admit they are funny. Personally I think creating that type of thread is amateur humor but to each his own.

well it's more than the first couple of pictures of women in parkas which I admit they are funny. Personally I think creating that type of thread is amateur humor but to each his own.

Oh I don't disagree, it is certainly middle school humor. That is what made it funny. If you don't find it funny it is likely because it isn't your type of humor. Many but not all people enjoy some immature humor it's what has made shows like the Simpsons, Southpark, Family Guy etc. so popular. Obviously not to everyone's taste though.

I would have put money on this response.

We make fun of players on other teams. (Mostly) men making fun of men.

These guys are posting random pictures of women, and not all of them are flattering. This is on purpose. Some are trying to point out the hot girls of Syracuse, while others are looking for non-flattering things. Again, men are doing this relating to pictures of random women. They're putting pictures of random women up for shaming/humor purposes. Why else would the picture of the discus thrower from RFA be up there?

You don't see the problem with that? That is what is wrong with the world today...

Why are you making this a gender issue? Men can poke fun at men and women, women and poke fun and men and women. Like I said to Kelly this is obviously immature humor which some of us enjoy. If you don't think it is funny then move on, why make this your soapbox to stand on?

Why are you making this a gender issue? Men can poke fun at men and women, women and poke fun and men and women. Like I said to Kelly this is obviously immature humor which some of us enjoy. If you don't think it is funny then move on, why make this your soapbox to stand on?
Enjoy it on your own, then. Men on a message board making fun of the way women look is so many miles beneath the best stuff that comes from this website.

Enjoy it on your own, then. Men on a message board making fun of the way women look is so many miles beneath the best stuff that comes from this website.
There were people who liked it. If you don't move on. Why censor? If you don't like something then don't read it. Why waste your time and comment? Are you so self consumed that you feel YOU MUST BE HEARD? C'mon man, life is a long and arduous process. Not everyone is you and sometimes there may be people who like different things than you do. Sooner you learn than the more fun you will have in life. Don't take everything so serious.

Oh I don't disagree, it is certainly middle school humor. That is what made it funny. If you don't find it funny it is likely because it isn't your type of humor. Many but not all people enjoy some immature humor it's what has made shows like the Simpsons, Southpark, Family Guy etc. so popular. Obviously not to everyone's taste though.
whoa whoa whoa! How DARE you lump in the Simpsons with those other shows and claim that the humor that fueled the popularity of The Simpsons is immature! That is easily the most wrong headed thing I've ever read on this website. ;)

whoa whoa whoa! How DARE you lump in the Simpsons with those other shows and claim that the humor that fueled the popularity of The Simpsons is immature! That is easily the most wrong headed thing I've ever read on this website. ;)
I sincerely apologize for the harm I have caused you.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/6991766

There is plenty of high brow humor in The Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park. You're way off!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom