Bus tour to MetLife for SU-ND game | Syracusefan.com

Bus tour to MetLife for SU-ND game

what is the normal profit margin for these types of things for companies that do these runs?

how much is the game ticket?

you could do greyhound for under $70 roundtrip so its not outrageous but seem like quite a bit of profit built in..

what is the normal profit margin for these types of things for companies that do these runs?

how much is the game ticket?

you could do greyhound for under $70 roundtrip so its not outrageous but seem like quite a bit of profit built in..
Tickets aren't cheap for games at MetLife. The cheapest on their website are $50 each. If you drive, I think it cost $30 for parking.

This is a good deal. I know the people that run that company. Good folks.

We tried doing one...but we couldn't get enough interest to make it feasible. You have to get at least 30-50 signed up.

I see the value and the hassle it removes.

4 people go the game by bus $800

4 people rent a van
tickets $200
van $75
2 fillups $75
food $100
parking $30

save $300

6 people go by bus $1200

6 people rent a van
tickets $300
van $75
2 fillups $75
food $120
parking $30

save $600

No question it is possible to go cheaper if you are willing to take on buying and transporting food and beverages, bringing a grill, cooking, cleaning up, driving there and driving back, etc.

BTW, for folks who do drive down, I would consider hooking up with the syracusefan.com tailgate.

They have put on some great tailgates at Metlife. Think the cost was in the $20-$25 range, like you have in your numbers.

http://jandjtours.com/id81.html

Local Company leaving from Bayberry plaza. I used them for the last Pinstripe Bowl and was very pleased.

Hey, Goose! Thanks for the response and hot tip. Looks like I might be going to the ND game after all! By the way, what time did you get back to Bayberry from that Pinstripe Bowl game? I took a bus tour for the first Pinstripe, and it seemed like the Bataan Death March getting back to Manley...

Mods: could you please post Goose's response to my initial comments somewhere? There may be a lot other fans who, like myself, was unaware of the opportunity presented by J & J Tours. Thanks.

Glad my whining produced something good for a change!:D

Hey, Goose! Thanks for the response and hot tip. Looks like I might be going to the ND game after all! By the way, what time did you get back to Bayberry from that Pinstripe Bowl game? I took a bus tour for the first Pinstripe, and it seemed like the Bataan Death March getting back to Manley...

Mods: could you please post Goose's response to my initial comments somewhere? There may be a lot other fans who, like myself, was unaware of the opportunity presented by J & J Tours. Thanks.

Glad my whining produced something good for a change!:D
Well for the second pinstripe the weather was pretty bad. I seem to remember getting back around 1 am or so. I also think that kickoff for the game was fairly early...maybe 3pm.

If Mark Coyle wants to make friends and build the fan base negotiate this one back to the dome. ND has no excuse with the ACC home-home contract

If Mark Coyle wants to make friends and build the fan base negotiate this one back to the dome. ND has no excuse with the ACC home-home contract
I think they have sold a lot of tickets and taken a lot of money in. It might be a little late for a switcheroo now...

At the time of scheduling the Notre Dame game...ND was not going to play Cuse in the Dome. Games here on out should be home and homes

Well for the second pinstripe the weather was pretty bad. I seem to remember getting back around 1 am or so. I also think that kickoff for the game was fairly early...maybe 3pm.

Weather was clear for the first Pinstripe and game started around 3 PM as well. Didn't get back to Manley until around 2:45 AM. Ugh...Oh Lord Our bus tour was not J & J! I signed up for their tour after I read your post yesterday. Again, thanks for the info.

Weather was clear for the first Pinstripe and game started around 3 PM as well. Didn't get back to Manley until around 2:45 AM. Ugh...Oh Lord Our bus tour was not J & J! I signed up for their tour after I read your post yesterday. Again, thanks for the info.
We talked about this last year. Are you purchasing Mark's tickets or sticking with the tour bus tickets? I'm conflicted on whether to do the JandJ or buy Mark's and figure out how to get there and rent a hotel. :noidea:

We talked about this last year. Are you purchasing Mark's tickets or sticking with the tour bus tickets? I'm conflicted on whether to do the JandJ or buy Mark's and figure out how to get there and rent a hotel. :noidea:

Going with J & J. I'd rather do a one full crazy day rather than an overnight. Did the overnights for one of the MetLife games and one of the Pinstripes. Did one day crazy for the others and felt it was the better way to go--for me at least. Can't/won't make a recommendation for anybody else.

You will definitely get better seats going with Mark from my experience.

Everything is a trade-off...:noidea:

Figured I would give this a bump as I got an email from J and J letting me know that there are still seats left for the bus ride to MetLife... details below.

SYRACUSE VS. NOTRE DAME

FOOTBALL (MET LIFE STADIUM)

October 1st, 2016

Game Ticket (300 Level)
Round-trip Luxury Motor coach (Movies on Bus)

Full Tailgate including:

Burgers, Hot Dogs, Coney’s

Buffalo Chicken Wings

Buffalo Chicken Wing Meatballs

Turkey Chili—Macaroni Salad

Potato Salad -- Pulled Pork

Chips, Cheese/Crackers - Cookies

Bagels, Muffins and Coffee at Departure

Drinks

Driver Gratuity

Bus Leaves from TRAVEL LEADERS/BAYBERRY PLAZA (Liverpool, NY)

Cost Per Person: $200.00

Call: 315-622-2040 OR VISIT www.jandjtours.com

CuseGoose said:
Figured I would give this a bump as I got an email from J and J letting me know that there are still seats left for the bus ride to MetLife... details below. SYRACUSE VS. NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL (MET LIFE STADIUM) October 1st, 2016 Game Ticket (300 Level) Round-trip Luxury Motor coach (Movies on Bus) Full Tailgate including: Burgers, Hot Dogs, Coney’s Buffalo Chicken Wings Buffalo Chicken Wing Meatballs Turkey Chili—Macaroni Salad Potato Salad -- Pulled Pork Chips, Cheese/Crackers - Cookies Bagels, Muffins and Coffee at Departure Drinks Driver Gratuity Bus Leaves from TRAVEL LEADERS/BAYBERRY PLAZA (Liverpool, NY) Cost Per Person: $200.00 Call: 315-622-2040 OR VISIT www.jandjtours.com

Do they do trip only without game ticket?

CuseGoose said:
Game ticket included 300 level...

I mean will they do trip only if someone didn't want the ticket included?

I believe I saw something from SU. They are doing a bus, ticket is on you

Correct. I am on the SU bus tour but had to buy my own game ticket, which I did through TexanMark's great set up. Information about the bus tour on the last page of the STH booklet. (Hope I'm not the only one on that bus--maybe I'll be lucky and have Jim Brown and Floyd Little to share the ride. Go figure.)

Watch out, Oburg, I'm in your row! You wouldn't mind fetching a couple beers for an old guy, would you?;):p

I mean will they do trip only if someone didn't want the ticket included?
I doubt it. They probably bought enough tickets to correspond with each bus seat. You could call...

Correct. I am on the SU bus tour but had to buy my own game ticket, which I did through TexanMark's great set up. Information about the bus tour on the last page of the STH booklet. (Hope I'm not the only one on that bus--maybe I'll be lucky and have Jim Brown and Floyd Little to share the ride. Go figure.)

Watch out, Oburg, I'm in your row! You wouldn't mind fetching a couple beers for an old guy, would you?;):p
For you, absolutely! I definitely owe you a couple

Game ticket included 300 level...
CuseGoose I just purchased 3 tickets from J&J. Curious as to how your seats were for your Pinstripe Bowl trip? (Assuming you purchased tickets through J&J). Obv 300 level but were they decent? Sideline, end zone, corner? Thanks