BUS TRIP CANCELLED --- SyracuseFan to Metlife (9/27)

Discussion in 'Syracuse Football Board' started by All4SU, Feb 27, 2014.

1. All4SU

All4SU Living Legend

I have been looking into the cost of chartering a bus to take fans from Syracuse to the game at Metlife Stadium on September 27. My plan would be to depart early in the morning from DestiNY parking lot and drive direct to the stadium. Depending on the game time, we would arrive a few hours prior to the game, allowing us to tailgate with the balance of the SyracuseFan group. Following the game, the bus would return everyone back to Syracuse the same day.

I have not included ticket costs, and do not plan to do so. Everyone would be responsible for selecting and purchasing their own tickets to the game. In addition, you would be responsible for your own beverages, food, etc.

In order to make this work, we would need to have approximately 50 people on the bus. Based on the pricing I have found to date, the cost would be approximately $57 each person. Less than 50 people, the costs go up.

Right now, I'm simply trying to gauge the interest on this board for participating in this charter. Payment would not be until sometime in the early-to-mid summer via PayPal, or directly in cash or check.

If you are interested, please indicate your interest -- AS WELL AS THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD BE TRAVELING ON THE BUS -- in this thread, or send me a PM.

Admins, if it is possible to tack this post, I would appreciate it -- at least until we can see if this idea is viable.
    Thanks all, and Go Orange!
  2. northacuse

northacuse Starter

I would be interested (1)
    SUfaninAZ likes this.
  3. RCDICK44

RCDICK44 Walk On

I would book with you for the trip as I used to use Caz Limo.I am purchasing my tix as soon as Syr fan gives me the ok from our info on this page.I will be needing 3 seats as I'm bringing my wife and my daughter.My name is Dick Dickinson and my email is rcdjed@twcny.rr.com.I've been waiting for somebody to come up with a bus trip.All the other trips want you to purchase bus & tix through the same trip.I am really pleased with the seating that Texan mark came up with last year and plan to do the same again this year.

Thanks
    SUfaninAZ and All4SU like this.
  4. All4SU

All4SU Living Legend

Great. Of course nothing is definite yet. I need to see if there is enough interest.
  5. northacuse

northacuse Starter

C'mon guys/gals--step up! Please make this bus trip possible so I don't have to spend another night in Buttgersland!
    SUfaninAZ likes this.
  6. OburgOrange

OburgOrange Starter

As of now, I am definitely interested
    SUfaninAZ likes this.
  7. rrlbees

rrlbees Administrator Staff Member

I might be in for 2-3. Have to wait for school schedules to come out. Make sure the driver is someone sober and who gets a good nights sleep.
  8. CuseTroop

CuseTroop Hall of Fame

Well, I was going to volunteer to drive... but I guess I'm not allowed...
    Marsh01, MSOrange and SUfaninAZ like this.
  9. OburgOrange

OburgOrange Starter

You won't get a good nights sleep?
    SUfaninAZ and CuseTroop like this.
  10. OburgOrange

OburgOrange Starter

Anybody have an inkling what time the game will be ?
  11. TexanMark

TexanMark Tailgating Guru

I'm going to guess: either 3:30pm or 8:00pm

BTW, ALL4SU is going to ask for a Cuse fan to be the driver. What is normal and customary for a tip for the driver? Also, you think instead everyone chip in a couple bucks per seat to get him a seat for the game?
  12. mvorange

mvorange Walk On

Wife and I are definitely in if you can pick us up and drop us off at exit 30 (Herkimer) on the NYS Thruway.
  13. TexanMark

Pretty doubtful...I think the fastest way is I-81 and down through NE PA and the Delaware Gap. If this is a success and we do a BC trip...a stop in Utica would be likely.

That gives me an idea though...maybe a quick stop in Binghamton though. It would have to be the same price as Syracuse riders but you save on gas and parking.
    All4SU likes this.
  14. OburgOrange

OburgOrange Starter

I believe the best way to get there from Syracuse is 81 south to PA?
  15. GoHamSU

GoHamSU Hall of Fame

This is correct.
  16. All4SU

All4SU Living Legend

I was told a customary tip for this type of trip would be $100-$150. I have already factored that into the cost. Maybe I will have to buy the guy a ticket to the game though.
  17. All4SU

All4SU Living Legend

Hmmm...just not sure if that works.
  18. All4SU

All4SU Living Legend

How much did Caz Limo charge?
  19. rrlbees

$25 a person. You're ripping us off!
    OburgOrange, All4SU and TexanMark like this.
  20. TexanMark

ALL4SU next time you call them ask about a ticket for the driver. Not sure if they want the driver to do that...they might be resting on the bus during the game.

Also, see if they can exit and go to the Wal-Mart Parking lot in Johnson City to pick up a some Southern Tier Folks if the demand is there. If you are from Binghamton and want to take a bus...let us know via this thread.
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=walmart binghamton, ny&ll=42.113664,-75.936041&spn=0.02289,0.056906&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=np&fb=1&gl=us&hq=walmart&hnear=Binghamton, Broome County, New York&t=h&fll=42.10666,-75.929475&fspn=0.022892,0.056906&z=15
    All4SU likes this.
  21. woody44

woody44 Walk On

There is a charter bus leaving the post office in North Syracuse for the ND game for 155 and includes all food, beer, soda, tickets, driver tip, basically everything.
  22. Chip

Chip Hall of Fame

I am not interested, but only because I'm coming from the other direction (that's not some lame or really good attempt at a gay joke).

But I'm curious, who would be responsible for the keg? For if there is no keg, there really is no bus. It might as well not even have wheels.
    Bill Orange, CuseTroop and SUfaninAZ like this.
  23. RCDICK44

RCDICK44 Walk On

I'm buying my tickets through Texan Marks section .much better seat locations.
    OburgOrange likes this.
  24. orangesox44

orangesox44 Walk On

25. TexanMark

Woody you have a link for that offer?

If you buy our bus trip for $57, a ticket for $80 through us, we could be pretty competitive with that offer. Our $80 ticket will be in the 3rd level near the 35-40 yard line. Our $120 ticket will be around the 30 yard line on the Club level. Bring your own drinks and food...and finally, you would be riding with folks you might even like.
    OburgOrange likes this.
  26. RCDICK44

RCDICK44 Walk On

I believe they charged about 90.00 ea at Caz Limo and the driver cooked hot dogs and hamburgs.They are out of business this year.I would be very surprised if your trip is as cheap as you say but I'm not concerned about that.I will be booking with you no matter what.
  27. OburgOrange

OburgOrange Starter

I'm liking this idea. Only thing, MetLife parking lots are huge. Would we be able to park close enough to the Fine Mess folks? :(
  28. weedsportwarriors

weedsportwarriors Starter

My wife is driving up to Syracuse to close on our house in Syracuse on March 6th. I am still trying to get a job in the area, but if I do you can count us in for 2-5 seats.
    Cheriehoop likes this.
  29. sutomcat

sutomcat Administrator Staff Member

I salute All4SU for taking on this initiative. Would love to support this and go but I have a group that is going to the Bethpage complex of golf courses to play there on Thursday and Friday, so I won't be able to participate.

For what it is worth, I think this is a great option for those that want to participate in the board tailgate and get tickets from syracusefan.com. Driving back and forth to that area can be stressful, draining and expensive, especially if you haven't done it much. Forget about the tolls and the gas; they charged $30 a car just for parking last year. And for those who would be going solo, it will be great to have a lot of other SU fanatics to talk to going there and coming back.
    cto and Cheriehoop like this.
  30. northacuse

northacuse Starter

I'm not Woody, but here's the link anyway: http://www.jandjtours.com/id81.html
    GoHamSU likes this.
  31. JeremyCuse

JeremyCuse Hall of Fame

Hey great idea All4. Having attended the last couple Metlife games I know that I have enjoyed them immensely but they can be a bit of a pain dealing with the drive down and back. Going to look into this with the better half. One thing I would recommend would be to take a look at ensuring you arrive at the stadium as early as possible (really when they open it up for tailgaters). That way you can ensure the group meets up wtih the fine mess and doesnt get caught in parking purgatory. Would also be curious what the bus could handle from a tailgate perspective ie could people bring coolers, canopies etc.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    northacuse and All4SU like this.
  32. northacuse

northacuse Starter

Totally agree. I was resigned to not going this year because of the hassles you and tomcat outlined. (My wife was designated driver but she said two was enough--ain't gonna do that by myself!) I would definitely jump on a bus tour, especially if we can get a board trip going.
    All4SU and OburgOrange like this.
  33. OburgOrange

OburgOrange Starter

Shaping up to be a Fine Mess roadie? If a coach is available for the trip, lots of storage underneath. I can bring canopy, propane cylinders, coolers of whatever- beverages and food, telescoping flag, chairs. I dunno, what does everyone think?
    Cheriehoop and JeremyCuse like this.
  34. rrlbees

Wonder if they'd let us fire up a gas grill on the bus.
    OburgOrange likes this.
  35. OburgOrange

OburgOrange Starter

Could put one under the bus in storage, lots of room,if it was a coach Bees. C'mon Man!!

Web Hosting Service by Host Duplex