BUS TRIP CANCELLED --- SyracuseFan to Metlife (9/27) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BUS TRIP CANCELLED --- SyracuseFan to Metlife (9/27)

How much did Caz Limo charge?
I believe they charged about 90.00 ea at Caz Limo and the driver cooked hot dogs and hamburgs.They are out of business this year.I would be very surprised if your trip is as cheap as you say but I'm not concerned about that.I will be booking with you no matter what.

Woody you have a link for that offer?

If you buy our bus trip for $57, a ticket for $80 through us, we could be pretty competitive with that offer. Our $80 ticket will be in the 3rd level near the 35-40 yard line. Our $120 ticket will be around the 30 yard line on the Club level. Bring your own drinks and food...and finally, you would be riding with folks you might even like.
I'm liking this idea. Only thing, MetLife parking lots are huge. Would we be able to park close enough to the Fine Mess folks? :(

My wife is driving up to Syracuse to close on our house in Syracuse on March 6th. I am still trying to get a job in the area, but if I do you can count us in for 2-5 seats.

I salute All4SU for taking on this initiative. Would love to support this and go but I have a group that is going to the Bethpage complex of golf courses to play there on Thursday and Friday, so I won't be able to participate.

For what it is worth, I think this is a great option for those that want to participate in the board tailgate and get tickets from syracusefan.com. Driving back and forth to that area can be stressful, draining and expensive, especially if you haven't done it much. Forget about the tolls and the gas; they charged $30 a car just for parking last year. And for those who would be going solo, it will be great to have a lot of other SU fanatics to talk to going there and coming back.

Woody you have a link for that offer?

If you buy our bus trip for $57, a ticket for $80 through us, we could be pretty competitive with that offer. Our $80 ticket will be in the 3rd level near the 35-40 yard line. Our $120 ticket will be around the 30 yard line on the Club level. Bring your own drinks and food...and finally, you would be riding with folks you might even like.

I'm not Woody, but here's the link anyway: http://www.jandjtours.com/id81.html

I have been looking into the cost of chartering a bus to take fans from Syracuse to the game at Metlife Stadium on September 27. My plan would be to depart early in the morning from DestiNY parking lot and drive direct to the stadium. Depending on the game time, we would arrive a few hours prior to the game, allowing us to tailgate with the balance of the SyracuseFan group. Following the game, the bus would return everyone back to Syracuse the same day.

I have not included ticket costs, and do not plan to do so. Everyone would be responsible for selecting and purchasing their own tickets to the game. In addition, you would be responsible for your own beverages, food, etc.

In order to make this work, we would need to have approximately 50 people on the bus. Based on the pricing I have found to date, the cost would be approximately $57 each person. Less than 50 people, the costs go up.

Right now, I'm simply trying to gauge the interest on this board for participating in this charter. Payment would not be until sometime in the early-to-mid summer via PayPal, or directly in cash or check.

If you are interested, please indicate your interest -- AS WELL AS THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD BE TRAVELING ON THE BUS -- in this thread, or send me a PM.

Admins, if it is possible to tack this post, I would appreciate it -- at least until we can see if this idea is viable.
Thanks all, and Go Orange!

Hey great idea All4. Having attended the last couple Metlife games I know that I have enjoyed them immensely but they can be a bit of a pain dealing with the drive down and back. Going to look into this with the better half. One thing I would recommend would be to take a look at ensuring you arrive at the stadium as early as possible (really when they open it up for tailgaters). That way you can ensure the group meets up wtih the fine mess and doesnt get caught in parking purgatory. Would also be curious what the bus could handle from a tailgate perspective ie could people bring coolers, canopies etc.

Last edited:
Hey great idea All4. Having attended the last couple Metlife games I know that I have enjoyed them immensely but they can be a bit of a pain dealing with the drive down and back. Going to look into this with the better half. One thing I would recommend would be to take a look at ensuring you arrive at the stadium as early as possible (really when they open it up for tailgaters). That way you can ensure the group meets up wtih the fine mess and doesnt get caught in parking purgatory. Would also be curious what the bus could handle from a tailgate perspective ie could people bring coolers, canopies etc.

Totally agree. I was resigned to not going this year because of the hassles you and tomcat outlined. (My wife was designated driver but she said two was enough--ain't gonna do that by myself!) I would definitely jump on a bus tour, especially if we can get a board trip going.

Shaping up to be a Fine Mess roadie? If a coach is available for the trip, lots of storage underneath. I can bring canopy, propane cylinders, coolers of whatever- beverages and food, telescoping flag, chairs. I dunno, what does everyone think?

OburgOrange said:
Shaping up to be a Fine Mess roadie? If a coach is available for the trip, lots of storage underneath. I can bring canopy, propane cylinders, coolers of whatever- beverages and food, telescoping flag, chairs. I dunno, what does everyone think?

Wonder if they'd let us fire up a gas grill on the bus.

As for a grill...I think a Coleman Road Trip Grill would work fine and transport easily on the bus. You keep it basic and just cook coneys and other non greasy things. ALL4SU can ask if they can bring 2x1lb propane canisters for the tailgate. They might not be allowed as they are flammable. But with some planning someone driving down in a car can bring them.

No action on the Binghamton option, yet. I figure you guys would need 8-10 Bingo pickups to make it worth your time. A WalMart in Johnson City is literally about 1 mile west of the I-81/NY17 split. WalMart should be a good pickup point and last chance for anyone to buy missing supplies for the tailgate.

I know it is is still almost 8 months away, and I know there isn't a whole lot of activity on this board this time of year...but an unscientific count of those who expressed interest on this board on a proposed excursion is somewhere under 2 dozen. How firm a commitment is needed to reserve a bus (deposit?) and how far in advance must the commitment be made? Is a smaller bus (24-30 passengers) a possibility if you can't 50 or so to commit? Just food for thought...

I know it is is still almost 8 months away, and I know there isn't a whole lot of activity on this board this time of year...but an unscientific count of those who expressed interest on this board on a proposed excursion is somewhere under 2 dozen. How firm a commitment is needed to reserve a bus (deposit?) and how far in advance must the commitment be made? Is a smaller bus (24-30 passengers) a possibility if you can't 50 or so to commit? Just food for thought...

I've run the numbers before...you need to take a larger bus to drive the per person cost down. I think the trip should be a go...I can get TNIIAM to give it some publicity and also SYR.com might help too.

I've run the numbers before...you need to take a larger bus to drive the per person cost down. I think the trip should be a go...I can get TNIIAM to give it some publicity and also SYR.com might help too.

Keep TNIIAM in the loop. Good people there. Keep SYR.com out: good people there but hard to find. 50 or bust!

Keep TNIIAM in the loop. Good people there. Keep SYR.com out: good people there but hard to find. 50 or bust!

You might want to make the goal even higher.Last year caz limo ran 2 buses and they were the coaches.great trip.Many fans wanted to go.

You might want to make the goal even higher.Last year caz limo ran 2 buses and they were the coaches.great trip.Many fans wanted to go.

CazLimo is no more. Gotta go with J&J tours or Birnie bus service. Maybe some others I don't know about.

I would keep syracuse.com out of it for now, between this site and Nunes I think you could reach the numbers needed. I would keep syracuse.com as a last resort your rolling the dice on who you might get through there.

Group of 6 - 8 from Binghamton. I'll check with the others when we head up for the Georgia Tech game tomorrow night but it's a pretty easy 2 1/2 hour drive from here and we generally go down in one van.

Just a heads up on parking lot activities. I intended to meet up with some board regulars pre-game last year but got a call from a friend who was in the lot at a radio station event. Pre-game tailgate cookoff between Blair Thomas and David Tyree. Met up with him there and ended up tailgating with Marvin Graves and family and David stopped by after he finished up. Locals might want to keep an ear to the ground to see if there is anything similar this year and plan congregating accordingly. David cooked a gourmet burger that the judges (including John Stage of the Dinosaur) raved over but one judge voted David, one judge (wearing Penn State gear) voted Blair and the third abstained saying he was part of a Penn State family and would be disowned even though he favored Tyree. MC threw it to crowd response which was overwhelming JoPa clones and David Tyree's awesome gourmet slab of beef lost to Blair's VEGGIE BURGER!!!! If there is a similar event this year we need much more Orange in the house!

These are, of course, the operative questions. I've been looking into the numbers and such. But I have no real interest in "selling" this trip, or acting as travel agent. My intent was to have a fun option for the board members here to get to the game and back. In my uneducated opinion, a commitment of approximately 45 would be required in order to move forward. Of course, a commitment means cash. I would hope to have commitments by the end of June, cash by August 1, and a deposit down at that point. I don't think a smaller bus is an option, although I think Bees said he could take 6 in his mini-van if necessary.

These are, of course, the operative questions. I've been looking into the numbers and such. But I have no real interest in "selling" this trip, or acting as travel agent. My intent was to have a fun option for the board members here to get to the game and back. In my uneducated opinion, a commitment of approximately 45 would be required in order to move forward. Of course, a commitment means cash. I would hope to have commitments by the end of June, cash by August 1, and a deposit down at that point. I don't think a smaller bus is an option, although I think Bees said he could take 6 in his mini-van if necessary.

One way is to overcharge everyone $10 a rdtp to cover any empty seats. Then use the profits to buy food and or beer for the bus trip/tailgate. I really think you could sell between 47 and 56 seats easily for Notre Dame. You'll have to work with the bus company and have a go/no-go decision. If you have 80% of the seats committed by summer you should be g2g.

http://www.onondagacoach.com/

Hey! Anybody out there?

Seriously, let's see some more serious interest out there so we can plan accordingly. September will be here before you know it!

Guys...don't panic yet. The tickets I set up should last for 6-8 weeks easily.

What we need is a few more folks to step up and say they are interested. BTW, I can't make the ND game this year (bad weekend for me).

We can run the numbers for a smaller bus but my guess is it increases the trip by $20-30 a piece. This is what I found out for looking into a trip to Akron about 5 years ago.

I haven't given up. Just haven't been able to think much about it for the last couple of weeks. I'll look over the thread, and do a rough count again, then talk with he bus bus company again about some of the questions and issues posted here.

Just guesses on some of this stuff though but here goes...
I would think that grill items could be stored in he he luggage compartment. But they may have rules against propane tanks and such, and certainly nothing hot is going to be able to go in he here on he he way back. Not sure what that will mean.

I don't know about swinging through Binghamton to pick folks up, but it doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.

I'm not even considering a second bus. That would be for someone else to worry about if necessary.

I have no interest in putting this out to syracuse.com or the general public. If that happens, I'm out. TNIAAM is a good idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom