Bourama Sidibe | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

there's like 10 posts below on guards and swings. who cares ? we need the beef ! what this program is lacking is a quality 5. not more guards.
Is Thompson a 4 or 5 moving forward? With Sidibe we have 3 potential Centers for next year with Thompson, Sidibe and Chukwu.

What do we have for guards and forwards? All I see is Battle, Moyer and Brissett. Not sure what Moyer or Brissett bring to the table or if they are ACC level players next year.

They are both ACC level players. Brissett is one of the most athletic players we've brought in since Grant. Sidibe is also long, quick and athletic. We need to bring in guards and wing players. I'm sure the staff has a plan.

They are both ACC level players. Brissett is one of the most athletic players we've brought in since Grant. Sidibe is also long, quick and athletic. We need to bring in guards and wing players. I'm sure the staff has a plan.
Sidibe I like. I meant Brissett and Moyer - Can they shoot? We've seen this year that CBB has evolved to a point where 4 of your 5 players on the court need to be able to hit the three ball unless you have an elite defense or monster rebounding front line.

Is Thompson a 4 or 5 moving forward? With Sidibe we have 3 potential Centers for next year with Thompson, Sidibe and Chukwu.

What do we have for guards and forwards? All I see is Battle, Moyer and Brissett. Not sure what Moyer or Brissett bring to the table or if they are ACC level players next year.

Thompson's pretty much a prototypical PF. The only way I see him playing the 5 is if Sidibe or Chukwu somehow can't get the job done in the middle of the zone.

Sidibe I like. I meant Brissett and Moyer - Can they shoot? We've seen this year that CBB has evolved to a point where 4 of your 5 players on the court need to be able to hit the three ball unless you have an elite defense or monster rebounding front line.

I don't think either of them can shoot at this stage.

Doesn't mean that they won't develop more offensive versatility down the road.

I can't speak to Moyer, but I wouldn't expect much shooting from Brissett unless he makes some major improvements. I posted a statistical breakdown of all of his available shooting stats and it isn't pretty.

I can't speak to Moyer, but I wouldn't expect much shooting from Brissett unless he makes some major improvements. I posted a statistical breakdown of all of his available shooting stats and it isn't pretty.
This is what worries me for next year. Where are we getting shooting from?

As of right now, hoping Battle is back.. we have 2 floor spacers in Battle and Thompson. Nobody else on the roster is a shooter.

Probably one of the more athletic teams we've ever had with guys like Moyer, Sidibe and Brissett but add in Chukwu and I really think we need to focus hardcore on getting some shooters in here for next year along with a point guard.

Lots of work to be done.

This is what worries me for next year. Where are we getting shooting from?

As of right now, hoping Battle is back.. we have 2 floor spacers in Battle and Thompson. Nobody else on the roster is a shooter.

Probably one of the more athletic teams we've ever had with guys like Moyer, Sidibe and Brissett but add in Chukwu and I really think we need to focus hardcore on getting some shooters in here for next year along with a point guard.

Lots of work to be done.

At this stage in the game I can't imagine we'll be landing any shooters, at least not any shooters strong enough in the other aspects of their game to be worthy of court time, unfortunately. I'm holding out hope for a PG, though.

We're going to have to beat teams with defense and transition offense next season.

I think with Lydon's rapidly deteriorating condition, there is a distinct possibility he could return for his junior season.

Scenario 1:

C Thompson / Chukwu / Sidibe
PF Lydon / Thompson / Brissett
SF Moyer / Brissett / Battle
SG Battle / Transfer Combo or Alaya/Duarte
PG Transfer PG / Transfer Combo or Alaya/Duarte

Scenario 2:

C Chukwu /Sidibe
PF Thompson / Brissett
SF Moyer Brissett
SG Battle / Transfer Combo or Alaya/Duarte
PG Transfer PG / Transfer Combo or Alaya/Duarte

If Battle and Lydon don't return, there would be another transfer in the mix, probably a wing player that can play SG and SF.

Chukwu had better be doing NOTHING but studying and practicing. NOTHING. Occasional meals, but that's it! You see him at a movie or walking slowly somewhere other than between class and the gym, you'd better jump up and slap him.

I hope like hell he can be a serviceable Center next year. I really don't want to see Thompson or Lydon or Sidibe or Brissett there. Having typed that, i'm sure it'll be Moyer at Center, because it's just that absurd.

Get Chukwu into a dance class, and get him a room on the first floor so he can bounce a ball off the floor and walls and work on his manual dexterity while he's listening to Astronomy 201 On Tape.

Chukwu had better be doing NOTHING but studying and practicing. NOTHING. Occasional meals, but that's it! You see him at a movie or walking slowly somewhere other than between class and the gym, you'd better jump up and slap him.

I hope like hell he can be a serviceable Center next year. I really don't want to see Thompson or Lydon or Sidibe or Brissett there. Having typed that, i'm sure it'll be Moyer at Center, because it's just that absurd.

Get Chukwu into a dance class, and get him a room on the first floor so he can bounce a ball off the floor and walls and work on his manual dexterity while he's listening to Astronomy 201 On Tape.
I wish I was 7 feet tall. Unfortunately most of them never sniff the NBA.

I don't get it at 7 foot if you can walk and chew gum at the same time you should be able to play the center of a zone.

If we're going to stay strictly zone for the foreseeable future I'd almost rather these guys just sit in front of the TV and watch the zone over and over and over and over and over until they figure the damn thing out.

Actually, having him take dance lessons would help his mobility. Wonder if the coaching staff could see this as a way for PC to improve himself when on medical.

Actually, having him take dance lessons would help his mobility. Wonder if the coaching staff could see this as a way for PC to improve himself when on medical.

Did they succeed at helping him improve during his redshirt year?

You might be as well. You've watched the zone for so long you might be able to know the rotations better than he does.

I'd be slow at the top and give up lots of penetration. I would work hard, but shoot a rather low percentage from 3, you guys would compare me to Trevor Cooney and the fans would hate me.:p

That was the idea. Coordination, footwork, facility for learning footwork...

Chubaka will be fine. I hope that he along with a few other guys like moyer and battle get a chance to play some international comp this summer. Its like adding an additional season.