Bourama Sidibe | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

I have no clue if Syracuse is involved or not, but I have to figure St. John's has an edge since God'sgift played there.

Not necessarily. Might want to carve his own path.

Following up, and iommi - OnDemand will hook you up with the replay of this game, couple of Summit games, Chatham and St Ants. More to come after they air new ones.
St Benedict's Prep - Bergen Catholic
Q1
Sidibe wins the tip.
Starts off with a deep jumper just inside the three point line and swishes home.
Had an offensive rebound tip try miss.

Missed next jumper bad. Again, a deep-range try. He has a weird delivery. Not pretty. But I've seen full games before. He has a unique athleticism and feel for being in the right spot at the right time. Different player than Diagne, but similarly has great instincts for the game. Confident enough to hit this shot, but won't be taking it anytime soon freshman year in my opinion.

Again, crashes the offensive glass, gets position enough to box defender out, grabs it and 2 handed slams with a quick step inside. Good tomahawk looking flush, for the big man power dunk enthusiasts out there. ;)
VERY ACTIVE. Both Bennies bigs are now. 4-0 all courtesy of our guy.
Another putback cleaning up the glass. 9-0, Bourama scored first 6 points and St Ben's guard (probably Farrakhan? I miss some of these plays but still listening, miss the names from time to time). To compound, this is second hand from my 8 pages of handwritten slop a few weeks ago. :)

Timeout. Bergen Catholic. Talk it over.

(more Q1 to follow)

Crap. Totally missed these posts. There are two others on page 15 of the thread. Very detailed from tee1222

Bourama with 13 points against Oak Hill, 12 in the final quarter as SBP won by 8! The Gray Bees have beaten Montverde and Oak Hill in their past 2. Wow. They might play in the Dick's Nationals. They deserve it. Nice to see Sidibe stepping up against top competition. As I said earlier in this thread, St. Benedict's plays a great schedule. The idea he's made his marks against smurfs is way off.

What's the story with Sidibe? He gave SU a verbal but did he ever sign the LOI? IS he still Orange?

What's the story with Sidibe? He gave SU a verbal but did he ever sign the LOI? IS he still Orange?

Sidibe is signed. I interviewed him and his coach the day it was announced. His coach confirmed he was signed and that the NLI was sent to Syracuse. I'll edit this and include a picture of the signing, which was strictly ceremonial (the NLI had been sent according to SBP coach Mark Taylor).

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's my Sidibe update after interviewing his coach at St. Benedict's:

Syracuse Signee Bourama Sidibe Steps Up | Otto's Grove

GREAT update, thx!

This kid (and O'SB) both have a TON of upside, and are already showcasing dramatic improvement over the season.
F the recruiting rankings #'s for them.

We're pretty stacked at the 4 & 5 for next season; need to find some wings and a PG (or 2) now.

Thanks.

A few more notes: Coach Taylor says he's in constant contact with Gerry and Hop, especially Gerry. He made it clear that Gerry was a big part of this recruitment. We have a good thing going with St. Benedict's. Taylor seems to love Gerry and Hop. Could develop a pipeline there after Ennis and Sidibe.

They are a tremendous program. Their team this year is loaded. Following Sidibe, I've been very impressed with sophmore forward Precious Achiuwa. I've mentioned him in the thread. Taylor said Hop loves him. The feeling is he's a prototypical SU wing. 6'7" with a 7'2" wingspan! High-level athlete. Some think St. John's because God'sgift (Precious' brother) went there, but I think we'd have a shot.

Also, we have our eyes on Noah Farrakhan, freshman PG. Exciting player.

Their team is amazing and they lost a promising big to an ACL tear.

Last edited:

TERRIFIC write-up, V! Well done.

Very excited to see this kid in Orange.

After reading that, I tried to think of the last time I read an article, and said, "man I really liked reading that". That was a really good read and very well written. Keep up the good work Vince.

Also, loved hearing the positives about Sidibe, especially how he does against top flight competition, that has me excited for this kid. I have confidence the staff has something brewing behind the scenes as far as a guard is concerned. Just a hunch.

After reading that, I tried to think of the last time I read an article, and said, "man I really liked reading that". That was a really good read and very well written. Keep up the good work Vince.

Also, loved hearing the positives about Sidibe, especially how he does against top flight competition, that has me excited for this kid. I have confidence the staff has something brewing behind the scenes as far as a guard is concerned. Just a hunch.

Thanks. I am pumped up too. The offensive rebounding % is tremendous.

Glad you agree. Sidibe has won titles every year he's been at SBP. It'll help him a lot that he's played against great teams and top bigs.
Yep. First time I ever saw him play last season, he outplayed Mo Bamba, who is an obvious future lotto pick. Seems like he gave Billy Preston a tough time according to Coach Taylor.

Francis03 Any opinion of Deng Gak? He and Sidibe have played against each other a few times, twice this year. Seems like a good for the U with his length.

Would an admin please change this thread title to "signed?" Sidibe signed his NLI months ago. Thanks.