Bourama Sidibe | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

It's still the early signing period. I guarantee we jump in recruiting some other players after the new year. Other school's rosters will shake out and we may be able to jump in a steal one or two.

We are four days into it and have one commitment - from this morning. That's disappointing. We've got to close at a minimum on the other 2 guys.

It's still the early signing period. I guarantee we jump in recruiting some other players after the new year. Other school's rosters will shake out and we may be able to jump in a steal one or two.
Either one of you two could be right. You have to play it out. So lets arbitrarily say Lydon and Tyus go pro. And lets arbitrarily say we land Quade, Oshae, Bourama, Ham. That would leave SU with a lineup of Frank, Quade, Ham, Moyer, Taurean, Oshae, Paschal, Bourama. Thats 8 guys; we redshirted Moyer this yr because we only play 9. So that means we only need one more. If we dont get Ham , we need two more. But one or both of those 2 could be transfers instead of new recruits. If Tyus doesnt go pro thats likely one less recruit we need. A 4 person recruiting class could be plenty. And then maybe one transfer. Or a 3 person recruiting class and 2 transfers is not out of the question. After seeing how capable AW and JG are this year, my guess is JB would prefer at least one 5th year transfer. Most especially because - the 8 guys i listed above, NONE of them are seniors. You know JB needs a senior or two...

We are four days into it and have one commitment - from this morning. That's disappointing. We've got to close at a minimum on the other 2 guys.

Are you sure about that?

Bamba officially out? Seems quiet on that front.
Listening to one of he ESPN Recruiting gurus Thurs or Fri night, he thinks Texas is in the driver's seat, go figure.

Are you sure about that?

Well, the whole deal about using Quade's commitment to entice other guys to come play with him hasn't yielded the expected results. Where are Randolph and Bamba, who played with him on his AAU team? Yes, maybe we draw a couple aces late in the game, but Quade isn't going to make his announcement until after the signing period is over. Yes, maybe there are a shtt ton of silent verbals out there, but it doesn't feel like it.

Quade doesn't help us get any of those kids by announcing after the signing period is over. I wonder if he's even going to send in his paperwork, or will he keep his options open until May when he sees who goes to the NBA? Compared to past years, we haven't been in this position ever before that I can remember. Yes, they pulled rabbits out of their hats with the grad students, but you can't count on that to fill your roster when you need seven new guys.

Well, the whole deal about using Quade's commitment to entice other guys to come play with him hasn't yielded the expected results. Where are Randolph and Bamba, who played with him on his AAU team? Yes, maybe we draw a couple aces late in the game, but Quade isn't going to make his announcement until after the signing period is over. Yes, maybe there are a shtt ton of silent verbals out there, but it doesn't feel like it.

Quade doesn't help us get any of those kids by announcing after the signing period is over. I wonder if he's even going to send in his paperwork, or will he keep his options open until May when he sees who goes to the NBA? Compared to past years, we haven't been in this position ever before that I can remember. Yes, they pulled rabbits out of their hats with the grad students, but you can't count on that to fill your roster when you need seven new guys.
Maybe he doesn't need to send in his paperwork.

Even if we do, I am assuming you"ll still be disappointed.

No, if we get Quade, Sidibe and Brissett (forgive the spelling), that's a good start, but that's one five star and two four stars, and 4 open positions. We will not have landed our biggest need - a wing scorer or two. That's what we need. Even if we get Hami, which would be great, he could turn into Stephen Thompson or Paul Harris. He doesn't seem like he is close to being a shooter. We need shooters. We didn't get Randolph, Tucker seems like he has said or done some things that have turned off the staff and it seems like we have moved on from him. But we have targeted relatively few prospects and worked them real hard. And they are mostly holding out on us.

I remember past classes when we brought in five guys, a couple of whom excited everyone and a couple of whom you figured were four year guys. So far, if we get the other two that we are expecting, we've got one star and two role players. We need Billy Preston and Lonnie Walker, and then this will be a top flight class. The point is, if we really want to compete for another championship before Boeheim hangs them up, we need more than Quade. We need a couple other top flight guys, if we want to continue to be in the conversation as title contenders.

Maybe he doesn't need to send in his paperwork.

Well that would certainly be great if we already had commitments from the 3 guys everyone expects. That would make a nice start to a class, but would not be the finished item. We still need a couple scorers - one in the front court and one on the wing.

No, if we get Quade, Sidibe and Brissett (forgive the spelling), that's a good start, but that's one five star and two four stars, and 4 open positions. We will not have landed our biggest need - a wing scorer or two. That's what we need. Even if we get Hami, which would be great, he could turn into Stephen Thompson or Paul Harris. He doesn't seem like he is close to being a shooter. We need shooters. We didn't get Randolph, Tucker seems like he has said or done some things that have turned off the staff and it seems like we have moved on from him. But we have targeted relatively few prospects and worked them real hard. And they are mostly holding out on us.

I remember past classes when we brought in five guys, a couple of whom excited everyone and a couple of whom you figured were four year guys. So far, if we get the other two that we are expecting, we've got one star and two role players. We need Billy Preston and Lonnie Walker, and then this will be a top flight class. The point is, if we really want to compete for another championship before Boeheim hangs them up, we need more than Quade. We need a couple other top flight guys, if we want to continue to be in the conversation as title contenders.

1. We still have a whole year to recruit.
2. You don't necessarily need 7 players in the 2017 class.
3. You don't necessarily need 7 freshmen in the 2017 class.

You mean besides this year? Obviously it would have been great if we landed all the 5 star guys we were targeting, but that was never likely. Kentucky has one exactly one championship since Cal got there and started putting together huge 5 star one and done classes. We have a strong, albeit small, base coming back next year. We need more players, but this three man start is good. Probably the best way to add a real shooter is to find a 5th year player, because they seem to be in abundance. I think we will have a solid team next year, and if a couple of dominoes fall the right way, maybe we are competing for our third straight final four.

Soooooooo people are mad that Q wants to commit during his midnight madness in front of his family, friends, and school?

How dare a kid want that.. he should be more worried about what some guy in Ithaca wants and thinks should happen

I think there is more a chance of him committing during the visit than leaving without committing
so he's apparently left without a commitment...

I'm late to this discussion but unless this guy's got really long arms and tremendous basketball skills, 6'9" for a center isn't overly impressive.

He definitely could come in and be productive as a freshman with his high motor and ability to finish well around the hoop. Prefer him as a rotational energy guy off the bench as a freshman than a starter.
Well now that I read this post, I'm a lot more optimistic about this recruit's upside, even if he is short for a center.

I'm late to this discussion but unless this guy's got really long arms and tremendous basketball skills, 6'9" for a center isn't overly impressive.
He is listed at 6'10" by three services and 6'9" on the other. Not that it means he is actually 6'10".

so he's apparently left without a commitment...
Not 100%. I don't think this kid is on twitter, and he's not a household name of a recruit. He may have told the staff he's on board, and starting the signing process this week.

I agree about having not filled the needs @ the wing positions to date.

The three expected commits are very nice foundational pieces of the puzzle, but adding two bigs is somewhat more of luxury than necessity.

upload_2016-11-14_7-41-50.jpeg

bourama-sidibe-707da7efa7bf1d8c.jpg

16810137-standard.jpg

A few pictures of him above.

Looks like he has put on a fair amount of weight in the last year or so. Very confident he is not going to be a member of the BMK gain 1 pound in 4 years at SU club (PC might be member #2).

Listed at 220, I bet his is at least 230 when he reports to college next year.

Even if we get Hami, which would be great, he could turn into Stephen Thompson or Paul Harris.

And what exactly would be wrong with that? Thompson is our 6th all time leading scorer and Harris is our 15th all time leading rebounder in just 3 seasons. I think your expectations are a little on the inflated side. While I would love to have a class of 5 - 5 stars, what about folks "expectation" that we would pull 5 such players was even remotely realistic?