Bourama Sidibe | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

Francis03

All American
6'9 African big man that played this past season at St. Benedict's. Mentioned him a few times on my pods as somebody that was worth a look. According to this article, it looks like we're starting to recruit him. Watched him twice during the season play well and hold his own against Mo Bamba and Deng Gak. Currently plays AAU alongside Trevon Duval for the We R1 program on the Under Armour circuit. He's averaging a double double with 10 ppg(61% FG), 10 rpg, and 2 bpg.

I know that I'm falling into old stereotypes, but man, he just looks like Baye--not super explosive or strong, but wow, what long arms and legs! On his tape, it looks like maybe he's got a little more touch around the hoop though.

I try, haha. This offer makes sense. Richards is no lock and could drag his recruitment out to next spring. Sidibe is the type of productive big that would stick around college longer and we could build around.
Do you see him as a guy that could be productive as a freshman or would he need at least a year, possibly two before being a real contributor?

Do you see him as a guy that could be productive as a freshman or would he need at least a year, possibly two before being a real contributor?
He definitely could come in and be productive as a freshman with his high motor and ability to finish well around the hoop. Prefer him as a rotational energy guy off the bench as a freshman than a starter.

He definitely could come in and be productive as a freshman with his high motor and ability to finish well around the hoop. Prefer him as a rotational energy guy off the bench as a freshman than a starter.
hey Dean, think we could an early commit from him?

Francis, what was the name of the kid you talked about this past winter who was a lefty big with a great handle? Can't remember his name--might have been a canadian kid.

Francis, what was the name of the kid you talked about this past winter who was a lefty big with a great handle? Can't remember his name--might have been a canadian kid.
This is the same big man that I was talking about. I had posted about him on the Canadian big man, Khalif Young thread. Young is the lefty, Sidibe is the one with the handle that you had liked.
Class of 2016 - C Kalif Young (ON) to Providence

This is the same big man that I was talking about. I had posted about him on the Canadian big man, Khalif Young thread. Young is the lefty, Sidibe is the one with the handle that you had liked.
Class of 2016 - C Kalif Young (ON) to Providence

Sign me up! Any big with the ability to put the ball on the floor like this...

He'd look phenomenal in Orange.

Thanks for the clarification!

Last edited:
Any chance we could be looking at him as a developmental PF as opposed to the Center position? I like his offensive potential, he has good hands and his form looks solid, as does his handle for someone that size. He appears to have good athleticism but I like Richards a bit more in this area. I think Richards is also better defensively and on the glass, and has a stronger frame for playing the 5. If were going to have a ton of scholly's available I cant see why it needs to be an either or, id like to see both. Richards as the 5 this kid as the 4. JMHO

Any updates on Sidibe?

Could be an important recruit if we lose out on Richards / Bamba.

Really like this kid's game. Francis [and anyone else] -- any input you can provide?

I think we may go down this road..he's a little bit more of a project but we'll still have TT and PC (most likely) and he can back them up + could always add a grad transfer big

I think we may go down this road..he's a little bit more of a project but we'll still have TT and PC (most likely) and he can back them up + could always add a grad transfer big

We have the spots and he won't scare anyone away. Or possibly get Shittu to reclassify. We are in great position to bring in a big guy that doesn't necessarily need to contribute right away in 2017.

Man, our track record with "projects" isn't exactly great... I hope we can avoid that word or player later on...

Man, our track record with "projects" isn't exactly great... I hope we can avoid that word or player later on...

This guy isn't a "project" He's a starting caliber player here.

This guy isn't a "project" He's a starting caliber player here.

Just will be slightly disappointing if this is who we end up with in the pivot, considering the talent that is out there. There's a few mid-majors getting 4 and 5 star centers this cycle.