Class of 2015 - C Cheick Diallo (NY) Verballed to Kansas | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C Cheick Diallo (NY) Verballed to Kansas

An article titled that way makes me wonder what else was "pocketed". Not even something I am in the habit of saying but it's a strange choice of words.

I checked out the head to head matchup between Diallo vs Thon Maker. Whoever came up with the Maker/Durant comparisons should never be allowed to evaluate talent again. Maker is skilled and should be a beast in college, but his overall skills isn't there yet and while he can occasionally knock down a few jumpers, his game is much better when he's aggressive around the basket. His ball handling isn't that great yet for him to operate much out on the perimeter like Durant. I could buy the Garnett comparisons more so than Durant. Diallo got into some early foul trouble but does what he always do, which is wrecking havoc on both ends of the floor. If he can find a consistent go to move down low then things will be really scary for those going up against him.

I think Cheick is about to become a very wealthy young man.

Mullin has been trying to get in with Diallo since he was announced. Will be interesting to see if they can grab him.

Is there any chance we can still get him, now that Chris and Bryant are gone.

The Diallo situation is more about than just offering him a starting spot and such. You're talking about a situation where a handler and coaches all want to be pleased. JB's isn't in the butt kissing mood for that type of stuff right now. Chris Mullin and PayPal Cal can duel it out in this one.

I'm rooting for Mullin to get Diallo. Would love to see a strong St. John's team again. Would be great for the city to have a legit team, it's been awhile.

I'm rooting for Mullin to get Diallo. Would love to see a strong St. John's team again. Would be great for the city to have a legit team, it's been awhile.
Without a strong St. John's, BET attendance is going to keep tanking opening an opportunity for the ACC to get into MSG...so no thanks.

Diallo played like an animal in the McDs game, whereas most other's were content throwing up alley oops and other BS. He looked great, but I don't think he will be a transcendent type player in college. Really good rim protector and hustle guy for sure. My guess, UK after the roster clearing tomorrow afternoon is announced. ...and to be honest- fine with me if he goes there or even Kansas. The longer st johns is irrelevant, the better. I noticed they they have been offering everybody and their mothers of late, Mullins already taking the Tommy Crean approach. ...yuck

Without a strong St. John's, BET attendance is going to keep tanking opening an opportunity for the ACC to get into MSG...so no thanks.
I'm an SU fan #1 but root for other teams as well. Grew up on Long Island and was a SJU fan as a kid and liked them in the Mullin years of the Big East. Kind of a stretch as an SU fan to worry about a strong St. Johns team making it difficult for the ACC to get Madison Square Garden. Don't really get that logic, sorry.

Diallo played like an animal in the McDs game, whereas most other's were content throwing up alley oops and other BS. He looked great, but I don't think he will be a transcendent type player in college. Really good rim protector and hustle guy for sure. My guess, UK after the roster clearing tomorrow afternoon is announced. ...and to be honest- fine with me if he goes there or even Kansas. The longer st johns is irrelevant, the better. I noticed they they have been offering everybody and their mothers of late, Mullins already taking the Tommy Crean approach. ...yuck
If I was a coach and my roster looked like what SJU has right now, I would offer everybody as well. Including Carmelo's Kid, Bron and Wade kid's as well lol.