Class of 2017 - C Mohammed Bamba (PA) to Texas | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C Mohammed Bamba (PA) to Texas

Hopefully he will not be influenced by MJ or Jeter who were also at the game today...
Thought the same thing. I bet UM begged him to come this weekend know MJ and Jeter (Bamba is a NY kid) were going to be there. Hopefully he realizes it's a football school and those mouth breathers treat basketball as a bridge to the spring football season.

The only thing they have in common is that Jeter came from Michigan, and MJ had once heard of Michigan

The only thing they have in common is that Jeter came from Michigan, and MJ had once heard of Michigan

I know Jeter was at UM for like one semester. A guy I work with was randomly his roommate there.

I need some Mo in my life. Anyone heard how his recent visit went?

I know Jeter was at UM for like one semester. A guy I work with was randomly his roommate there.

When I first read your post, I said BS; but this link {Jeter at Michigan} suggests that Jeter was a big Michigan fan, had a relationship with Michigan baseball and attended classes there in the fall of 1992.

I just watched some recent videos of Mo. I hadn't watched any of his videos in months, because I didn't think we had a shot. I have made the mistake of letting myself believe we could land him. He is unbelievable, and to think we might land Mo, Quade and Randolph...no words. I know it probably won't happen, but it could, and that is what makes recruiting so fun. And, maybe Mo would want to stick around a second year to play with his Westtown teammate Cam Reddish, giving us the Westtown trio of Mo, Cam and Brandon. These dreams always seem to fade into reality as the classes come together, and we usually have good classes, but maybe one of these days the dream will come true.

as someone who attended both Westtown and Syracuse, I would flat out love that!! Just need an FM kid on the roster and a 5th year transfer from American

as someone who attended both Westtown and Syracuse, I would flat out love that!! Just need an FM kid on the roster and a 5th year transfer from American

Great, the next Matt Roe. That's all we need!

When I first read your post, I said BS; but this link {Jeter at Michigan} suggests that Jeter was a big Michigan fan, had a relationship with Michigan baseball and attended classes there in the fall of 1992.
He was gonna play there, unless drafted by Yankees.

I spent a couple of years at Westtown, during which I learned to say "F Thee"

Lol I don't know what Westtown is, but I can infer. So you all studied urban Shakespeare?

Last edited by a moderator:
Had good ball teams when I played there in the late 60s, but not the level of todays squads. Headmaster has told me that recent recruits actually contact Westtown, as opposed to the school going out to actively recruit players.

Quakers

Keep in mind I went to Whitesboro High School, SUNY Cortland for undergrad, NC State for grad. So I don't follow here.
image.gif

Keep in mind I went to Whitesboro High School, SUNY Cortland for undergrad, NC State for grad. So I don't follow here.
View attachment 75711

Westtown School is a Quaker, coeducational, college preparatory day and boarding school for students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade, located in eastern Pennsylvania. Wikipedia

Quakers are members of a historically Christian group of religious movements generally known as the Religious Society of Friends.Wikipedia

per the 2nd link...

In the past, Quakers were known for their use of thee as an ordinary pronoun, refusal to participate in war, plain dress, refusal to swear oaths, opposition to slavery, and teetotalism. Described as "natural capitalists" by the BBC, some Quakers founded banks and financial institutions, including Barclays, Lloyds, and Friends Provident; manufacturing companies, including shoe retailer C. & J. Clark and the big three British confectionery makers Cadbury, Rowntree and Fry's; and philanthropic efforts, includingabolition of slavery, prison reform, and social justice projects.[18]

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom